Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BEST MAN SPEECHES

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by The Dude, Sep 22, 2004.

1. The Dude

The Dude Elite Member

so i am the best man at my friends wedding. my problem is that about 3 months ago i went to Tijuana and got kinda drunk at some bar and sang karaeoke, and i thought i sounded fine, but the only other English speaking person there person there other than my friends told me "YOU SUCK". ever since then i sort of have microphonophobia. so for my speech i kinda want to keep it short, but i dont really have much to say, so i need some help from some speechwriter types. help me out please.

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

dude.... It's so simple.

You have it or you dont. Just confidence.
    And try to picture them naked... expect for the mother of the bride.

Start with a bad joke, then just be honest and keep it short.
    Make sure you go over how to pronounce everyones names with the groom.
    Pic something that both the bride and groom love (say.... nascar?)
    and make references to 'driving on the oval of love'.

Just speak clearly, into the mic, and dont sing... because for singing... you probably do SUCK!

3. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

use the word chauncy as much as possible

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

do you remember passion?

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

:lol:

just tell them the story about you and the groom travelling to thailand to have orgys with ladyboys. that should go over a treat

6. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

well after you say what you decide to say just add this as the last line

"may all your ups and downs be between the sheets"

7. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

hahaha, thats a good one abc.

dude- watch old school, they have a nice one, just say it word for word.

8. cloner

cloner Senior Member

just get wasted as fuck and let it flow.

9. dr.testical

dr.testical Senior Member

when i have to type something or read something the next day infront of people i watch oldschool the part where will farrell is ribbon dancing usually gets me inspired the next few days im humming duh nuh nuh nuuh nuh nu hu chi chi chi chi duh nu nu nu h nu h nu h nungh chi chi chi

10. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Just say something like "i'm no good at this, i really don't know what to say... but i love the both of you and here's to a long a happy marriage."

or maybe say something like and here's to a marriage that lasts forever.

11. Crookedline

Crookedline Junior Member

first of all congratulations on being chosen as best man...it is like being asked to get married by your homeboy in itself, as he is only asking his girl to marry him cos it's the socially accepted thing..but you know he likes you way more...
    anyway my boys to-be wife was stressing me about a month before the actual wedding telling me that i had better have a best man speech or i'm out of the wedding altogether...so i was like yeah yeah no worries it will be sweet....got to the big day, it's my turn for the best man speech...i get up in front of everybody, i look to her and say, well i forgot to write a speech so i thought we'd fill some time with a mexican wave...you allow time for around 3 people to do the actual mexican wave and then of course let on that your not a complete anus but indeed do have a speeach ready to go...wheather it's a good speech or not, after putting the fear of god up the to-be wife by saying you don't have a speech....anything you do say will be gold...and gauranteed free food for the next year....