BEST LIVE SHOWS

graffitiSUX

the title says it all. tell us the best live show you've seen.

for me it was the mc supernatural/jurassic 5 european tour 2001. saw them play the dublin show. it was fucking crazy.

supernat was the warm up, and he had the crowd going nuts. he was on stage for about a half hour, and freestyled for every minute of it. dropped some crazy lines.

then j5 came on and rocked it. they would play about 4 or 5 songs, all mixed together, then run off stage and nu-mark and cut chemist would take over on the decks/drums/xylaphone/chimes/portable record player for a while. then the mc's would run out again, do some more songs, run off, and then the format kept going for a good 2 hours. then at the end all the lads and supernat got on stage and had a freestyle session.

best show ever.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It was back in 1991, when Nice and Smooth played the Hammersmith Palais in London. It was just after their 'Ain't a Damn Thing Changed' album had come out. Shit was off the damn hook, especially when Smooth B said one of his friends from the Bronx was passin' through, and Tim Dog came out on stage and ripped a verse from Fuck Compton. This was back when there was nothing commercial about hip hop so it was just true heads up for a party. I think I preferred it that way.

All sing along now...'Nice and Smooth is funky, also hip hop junkies, all we wanna do is UH UH in you'

:D

you know, I never did like Rage Against The Machine--but when I saw them play live I could'nt believe it...every song they played was like cd quality...and on top of that, the Roots played live---when the bass player "HUB" busted out Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady" the crowd went ballistic...that show was dope...another sick show I went to was the Living Legends w/Moka Only and Anticon...oh yeah, Boom-Bap was there too...you Seattle heads know what show I'm talking about...number 3 would be seeing Jeru Tha Damaja live at the Slam City Jam with Swollen Members..that was a couple of years ago...actually some of the best shows I have ever seen where "freestyle sessions" at some local house parties---sometimes those get nuts.....

Originally posted by nipples-galore

Flogging Molly in Providence last year was one of my favorites. They fuckin rocked. $2.00 Guiness special too.......got to meet Matt Hensley...it was a great day.

Saw them in Buffalo 2 months ago and nearly shit myself... the second best show ever. The first: Sunny Day Real Estate in Rochester. No opening act, nearly 2-hour set. I could've died that night.

BAD BRAINS 1989 ..at The Rage in Bmore..small venue, incredible show

jane's addiction 1993 ..1st lollapalooza

clutch 1994 ..fall brawl?

beatnuts 1995 ...ha!! with life of agony of all people!

Guest fr8lover

sonic youth/REM amphatheater show '95

my 3rd weezer show, when we were swaying and the lights came on and confetti dropped down

the roots okayplayer tour was amazing...

my first concert was still probably my favorite...in 6th grade seeing weezer with my dad in 94...what an experience...

Originally posted by RaiD

FUGAZI!!!

The last time I saw them the show was alright. Super packed in the venue. Then afterwards we are around back and see Ian with his arm pulled off and a needle in his arm. One of those things I will never forget.

I have seen so many shows I couldn't tell you the Best one. I probably would forget it trying to remember.

Great shows:

-Strife, Sick of it All, Crown of thorns someone else 97

-Madball, EarthCrisis, Hatebreed and 1 other 98

-Suicide Machines, Avail Halloween 98

-Cromags, All Out war, Shutdown 2000

-Dimmu Borgir 2000

Buried alive/cro mags...............fucked shit up

ringworm they were fucking sick and completely drunk..I had more fun watching this dude head butt this other dude until this guy smiled and one of his teeth were gone!

100 demons are always fun the new singer mosse is fucken sick a great guy and it seems nothigns changed in their live performence...mosh mosh stop watch guys shove each other cause they don't like getting hit in the pit....mosh mosh stop.....meat heads causing shit....

i've never seen fuqazi but i reeeeeeaallllllllllllllyyy want to....i hope to soon.

Originally posted by fr8lover

my 3rd weezer show, when we were swaying and the lights came on and confetti dropped down

my first concert was still probably my favorite...in 6th grade seeing weezer with my dad in 94...what an experience...

nice!! definitely weezer for me. although of course more pinkerton in the setlist would do my well.

and Piebald.

Corndog aint bad either...

Originally posted by Are2

BAD BRAINS 1989 ..at The Rage in Bmore..small venue, incredible show

i am sooooo jealous! bad brains were the greatest hardcore band of all time.

my favorite shows:

atmosphere on their last tour

the roots in 96

civ in 96 (they played a half hour set afterwards of all Gorilla Biscuits stuff)

unwound (real kids know whats up, fuck all that poppy shit people call "emo")

avail

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

nice!! definitely weezer for me. although of course more pinkerton in the setlist would do my well.

and Piebald.

Corndog aint bad either...

piebald puts on amazing sows. only seen them once. but it was damn good.

Rage Against The Machine & Cypress Hill

both at the Hip Hop Locos benefit concert in Los Angeles 93

Against Prop. 187 and that faggot bitch Pete Wilson.

It was an outdoor event in the middle of downtown Los Angeles.

Seen Cypress again at the Smokin Grooves 96? @ Irvine Meadows.

Center Stage 4 Rows back.

Cypress brought down the house again.

better late than never...kinda

H2O is always good live, although all the times I've seen them since Go! has come out I haven't enjoyed them as much....

Freddy Madball benefit.... Madball, Hatebreed, Skarhead, Death Threat

First time I saw Comin' Correct

Any Shutdown show I've been to.

Good Clean Fun.

Agnostic Front, Blood 4 Blood, Vision, Reach The Sky, On The Rise, Model Citizen.

The Church show's with Forthright, Dead Wrong, Breaking Point, Your Mistake....

Originally posted by 455

you know, I never did like Rage Against The Machine--but when I saw them play live I could'nt believe it...every song they played was like cd quality...and on top of that, the Roots played live---when the bass player "HUB" busted out Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady" the crowd went ballistic...that show was dope...another sick show I went to was the Living Legends w/Moka Only and Anticon...oh yeah, Boom-Bap was there too...you Seattle heads know what show I'm talking about...number 3 would be seeing Jeru Tha Damaja live at the Slam City Jam with Swollen Members..that was a couple of years ago...actually some of the best shows I have ever seen where "freestyle sessions" at some local house parties---sometimes those get nuts.....

I know about RATM with the Roots..... I was there!

Superquality show......

Too bad I didn't know you then or else we could have turned our hats backwards and taken off our Abercrombie and Fitch shirts and punched each other in the face just like all the other fucking idiot college jock-O fucks that were at that show!!!!!!!!

I hate college frat fags!!

Oh yeah...... another time that was very memorable was when I saw

COLD

SPINESHANK

and HED PE all playing at this shithole in the wall, mega small venue in Seattle.......

Spineshank was really good and HED PE was pretty damn good too.......

Small venue and hard music with no room to move is always fun!!

Oh yeah....this was all for $1 cover charge

Archived