best graff book

trickone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

probably subway art... but i just love looking at other ppl's blackbooks!! me and my friend are even starting to collect/buy other ppl's blackbooks (not blanks)... anyways anyone interesting in selling (or kindly giving away :P) their blkbook and contact me here. tare_lemon@yahoo.com ..a picture of your blkbook will be appreciated~! sorry for all that crap caused~~

ah..

the subway art book is what made me want to go beyond just tagging...

i was in 9th grade and it was in our high school's library. then while looking at it i met many other writers.(it was a small school)

yeah...but all that shit-->books,old graff mags, my old blackbooks have been lost in various moves...

be sure to peep the new book dropping this month BROKEN WINDOWS BRNING NEW YORK...some dope ass full color pages for the niggas that rep ny...not too many perpatrators from out of town either! you will not be disappointed picking up a copy of this book

Originally posted by 200$

best book: "The Faith of Graffiti" by Norman Mailer

don't sleep kiddies.

I'm on the look out for this one. I phoned my local library and they said they had two copies, so I thought I'll get down there and help myself. So I get there, and some fuckers had beat me to it - both copies 'missing'!

'Subway Art' has got to be one of the best.

'The Art of Getting Over' is a good one too, as is the 'Dondi' book.

If you want a good read and a little bit of history check out 'Getting Up'.

Guest catwash
Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

'Subway Art' has got to be one of the best.

'The Art of Getting Over' is a good one too, as is the 'Dondi' book.

If you want a good read and a little bit of history check out 'Getting Up'.

Getting Up rocks, a very interesting read - I'd still rate Subway Art as the best though, probably more because it's started a ridiculous amount of writers careers when it first came about. Including mine!

Guest eessee

my would have to be the dondi book but thats only if im all in the graff history mood... and the art of getting up is mad cool.... subway i have to check out...:)

I've got subway art and the art of getting over. Both of those are bad ass. I'll probably get Dondi next.

I thought Futura's book was interesting as well.

I bet if Barnes and Noble didn't have a copy on hand you could get them to order a one....not sure whats required to order one.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I bet if Barnes and Noble didn't have a copy on hand you could get them to order a one....not sure whats required to order one.

name and phone number...my friend works there :D

Guest serpent of the light

i like spray can art, art of getting over, and graffito a lot. subway art is rad too.

b&n and borders can get you any of it.

The amazing thing to me about Faith of Graffiti is that Norman Mailer absolutely nailed it, he wrote just an amazing piece about graffiti, probably still the best ever. Someone with time on their hands should type it out and put it on line.

Archived