Best denim for $100

Manifesto

I'm used to spending 50-60 bucks on a pair of jeans,

usually polo, guess or skatebrands.

I think its about time to spend a little bit more money on jeans,.

So, whats out there that i can get for around $100.

I know a lot of you know about denim from a thread long ago.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I pay a mean 20-40 for levi's

they wear nicely. they are durable.

and just as good as your 140 dollar apc's or sevens or whatever the fuck else.

although I will be purchasing some high end jeans just to make sure there isn't some kind of portable vagina in there that i didnt know about.

if you want to spend around $100 for a pair of jeans, i suggest you try the armani exchange store, i have a few pairs from there, and i hardly have any complains, other than finding my right size, but then again for men it might be a little more, so just check out the website.

• 2 weeks later...

from what i understand, Evisu kinda stopped producing the good shit. I believe diesel and/or ben sherman own most of the common pieces that are out in the market which are mass produced like diesel/sherman. So you lose the quality that once was.

I'm paranoid that the majority of the evisu products on ebay are knockoffs. I'd have to examine the fabric and seams before dropping my loot.

so far this year.. diesel's weaist cuts have been big.. i.e. i wear a 31/32 usually. with all the diesel's i have tried on/bought they are a 29/30. their typical line thats in the diesel store/nordstroms/marshal fields.. is not that hot, although if you go to boutiques that get the "gallery diesels" they have some fucking sweet washes (a little pricey). i picked up a pair of zathans with an 82h wash they are fuckin awesome. i also noticed that they are slightly stretchier this season.

ok thats my diesel 2 cents.

---

other denim to look for:

Meltin' Pot. theres only a few (5-8) stores in the country that carry them right now, but its super nice/soft denim. if you have a regular build they fit pretty nicely. average waist cut sizes. the only downside to them is that they are all 34 long so you have to get them hemmed up. but they are worth it.

g-star. g-star's boot cuts this season are really nice. good washes, amazing fit, the denim is slightly tough and not as soft as the other brands in the price range, but they look really nice. g-star boot cuts = nice.. im not a fan of their straightleg cuts this season at all. they are way to baggy, probably a better cut for the bigger guys.

Nathan Sewn. these jeans are fucking fantastic. super soft denim, all their cuts are really nice, boot and straight. also like the Meltin' Pots they only come in a 34 long cut. so start callin the dry cleaners.

gallery diesels: $160-$210

Meltin' Pot: $145-$170

G-Star Raw: $135-195

Nathan Sewn: $190+

Originally posted by TRAMP@Jun 2 2005, 08:29 PM

from what i understand, Evisu kinda stopped producing the good shit. I believe diesel and/or ben sherman own most of the common pieces that are out in the market which are mass produced like diesel/sherman. So you lose the quality that once was.

I'm paranoid that the majority of the evisu products on ebay are knockoffs. I'd have to examine the fabric and seams before dropping my loot.

thanks for the heads up