Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Berlin - Experience?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by skirmfirm, Jan 23, 2006.

1. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

Im going to be in berlin at the beggining of march,
    so if anyones had any experience of the city

anyone even painted there,

what were your thoughts,

did you meet any writers?

Whats it like to eat there, is it cheap?

Just general help on the place wood be apreciated

2. wasted youth

wasted youth New Jack

Probably put this in channel zero. But anyway, I was there in October. Food at restaurants and shit are more expensive because you're using the Euro, not the dollar. Best bet is to go to grocery stores like we did, but then again we were on tour for a month over there. There is TONS of graffiti everywhere. It's real dope, unfortunately I didn't paint or anything while I was over there. Didn't really have time to. You should have fun though.

3. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

Sounds good, we have some addresses for paint shops, but did you see any when you were there?

Wats the law like over there?

Harder to get up than the uk?

4. 5iveDee

5iveDee Member

dont they have choppers with infra red cameras and shit that go around the city and look for writers?

5. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

6. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

http://www.overkill.de/

http://www.downstairs.com/

There are 2 graf shops opposite each other on Samariterstr (in the east with a subway station with the same name) and loads of young'uns hang around outside.

Graff is eveywhere, loads of huge tracksides and loads of roofs/roller lean overs (especially near Samariterstr).

Just live on sharwma kebabs; much nicer than any kebab you'll get in the UK and about 1.50 euros. OR go to a vietnamese restuarant for cheap meals

7. komakeule

komakeule New Jack

Everything is cheaper in the inner suburbs of Berlin. The city is a bit more expensive. But well, Berlin is big, so you will find your cheap "Döner" (€2 is OK, €1 is cheap).

We have many graffiti shops here. If you want I could tell you the adresses.
    Nearly all trainstations and many other places are buffed every day because at the moment graffiti is a big term in politics - so they have to keep the city as clean as it is possible. The law against graffiti has just been tightened too.
    But the city is burning more than ever (including more toys than ever)!

8. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

is anyone up for a meet, id be interested in meeting people from a complete different graffiti culture. Will give some cans/cash if anyone shows us some spots (steel or not)

9. wasted youth

wasted youth New Jack

The thing I think I miss the most.

10. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

id like a bit more info than fucking doner kebabs fooolz.

11. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

Well I posted links for probably the 2 biggest graf shops out there and someone else offered to post more info other ones. What's your problem?

12. Use the 12oz search function. There is a ton of info on Berlin on here already.

Berlin is the greatest and cheapest city in Europe. And has the biggest graffiti secene too.

Get going, quit complaining.

Shops you can check out:
    Overkill Shop - very nice
    Mad Flavour in Krummestrasse.

13. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

i didnt mean to sound harsh, yer were gonna try and find them shops, and hopefully get something up.

cheers.

14. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

germany from what i hear has the best beer. one of these days i'll find out for myself

15. 5iveDee

5iveDee Member

Doner!!!!!!!!!! UP US TURKISH PEEPS