Berlin - Experience?

skirmfirm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Probably put this in channel zero. But anyway, I was there in October. Food at restaurants and shit are more expensive because you're using the Euro, not the dollar. Best bet is to go to grocery stores like we did, but then again we were on tour for a month over there. There is TONS of graffiti everywhere. It's real dope, unfortunately I didn't paint or anything while I was over there. Didn't really have time to. You should have fun though.

Guest imported_b0b

http://www.overkill.de/

http://www.downstairs.com/

There are 2 graf shops opposite each other on Samariterstr (in the east with a subway station with the same name) and loads of young'uns hang around outside.

Graff is eveywhere, loads of huge tracksides and loads of roofs/roller lean overs (especially near Samariterstr).

Just live on sharwma kebabs; much nicer than any kebab you'll get in the UK and about 1.50 euros. OR go to a vietnamese restuarant for cheap meals

Everything is cheaper in the inner suburbs of Berlin. The city is a bit more expensive. But well, Berlin is big, so you will find your cheap "Döner" (€2 is OK, €1 is cheap).

We have many graffiti shops here. If you want I could tell you the adresses.

Nearly all trainstations and many other places are buffed every day because at the moment graffiti is a big term in politics - so they have to keep the city as clean as it is possible. The law against graffiti has just been tightened too.

But the city is burning more than ever (including more toys than ever)!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_b0b

Well I posted links for probably the 2 biggest graf shops out there and someone else offered to post more info other ones. What's your problem?

Guest imported_Europe

Use the 12oz search function. There is a ton of info on Berlin on here already.

Berlin is the greatest and cheapest city in Europe. And has the biggest graffiti secene too.

Get going, quit complaining.

Shops you can check out:

Overkill Shop - very nice

Mad Flavour in Krummestrasse.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Berlin last year, I fucking loved it.

Bittebollen or something from the bratwurst man.

I remember at the end of the first day, I was cold/hungry/tired/ mildly lost and getting depressed. And I saw, like a shining star, an fresh espo tag, recently dated, and I thought to myself, if espo is here and bombing, then I had better pull myself together, have a cigarette and get on with it.

Great city.

I met Charlize Theron there.

im gonna be doing some more europe travelling in maybe april or may, looks like ma buddys have other commitments so maybe doing it alone, anyone else going away, and wanna share experience and travel costs?

Im lookin at berlin for sure, then maybe copenhagen, but unsure at the moment.