believe in god?

MANIK DEK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe in God, i go to church, i try to read the Bible when i can...

but i don't show it, nor do i preach to my friends and try to force them to come to church. i am often hypocritical bcuz i still do the things that i shouldn't be doing, my mouth is just as foul as the next person, my mind is distorted, so i keep quiet. nor am i better than the next person bcuz i know God.

religion on the other hand is another subject. it's very difficult to explain, but many people use it as an excuse, or a thing to hide behind. dunno, can't articulate.

but yes i do believe.

Originally posted by slave_one

i believe in God, i go to church, i try to read the Bible when i can...

but i don't show it, nor do i preach to my friends and try to force them to come to church. i am often hypocritical bcuz i still do the things that i shouldn't be doing, my mouth is just as foul as the next person, my mind is distorted, so i keep quiet. nor am i better than the next person bcuz i know God

religion on the other hand is another subject. it's very difficult to explain, but many people use it as an excuse, or a thing to hide behind. dunno, can't articulate.

but yes i do believe.

we are two peas in the same pod

yeah... mams has a point.

did you mean 'god' in the dogmatic sence?

I'm a firm believer in a higher power and I pray daily.

I couldnt really classify myself into a set faith, and I dont

want to be a 'fairweather catholic' if you know what I mean.

Certainly the one thing I'll believe untill the day I die is that

'god' is manifested in every living thing and in every event.

I also believe that if you want to find 'god', then go to where

the poorest, most downtrodden people live and you'll find 'god' there.

God is not on the sidelines of the superbowl no mater how much any team prays.

(but he might have had a hand in the halftime show)

i do believe in a God. i don't go to chuch because i find most people who go to curch to be hypocrits. I believe in God but not in organized religion. I do believe in prayer.

and BOOGIE HANDS!

in name only. i have done much searching on religion and my views on it. i only hold onto that name based on the fact i started with a christian based view.

in my view god is bigger than religion and all worship the same god under diffrent names, and diffrent views. religion is for the weak ... people who cant stomach faith without having thier view agreed upon by others. at the root of all religions are allmost the same values and lessons of treating others with respect and love, the only diffrence is who you are giving $$ to. organized religion is in my view the first big business to take its place on the map.

Originally posted by slave_one

many people use it as an excuse, or a thing to hide behind.

ding!

*edit: I have a low tolerance for these people.. even though I try my hardest to get along with everyone.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

yeah... mams has a point.

did you mean 'god' in the dogmatic sence?

I'm a firm believer in a higher power and I pray daily.

I couldnt really classify myself into a set faith, and I dont

want to be a 'fairweather catholic' if you know what I mean.

Certainly the one thing I'll believe untill the day I die is that

'god' is manifested in every living thing and in every event.

I also believe that if you want to find 'god', then go to where

the poorest, most downtrodden people live and you'll find 'god' there.

God is not on the sidelines of the superbowl no mater how much any team prays.

(but he might have had a hand in the halftime show)

Amen. </span>

yeah i believe in god.

raised catholic, but not a practicing catholic anymore really. i think all religions are "true"/valid when you erase all the political and dogmatic bullshit (caste systems, etc.)

i'm actually probably being initiated into haitian vodou in about 3 years, and it's a very inclusive religion. it has to be, since it's basically a mix of catholicism, ancient african religions, native american beliefs, and freemasonry.

anyway....i don't believe in a judging god that condemns activities commonly viewed as "sinful fun."

if you drink, smoke, party, even steal a little (from bloodsucking clothing companies that is), i don't think that there is a god who would "judge" you.

judgement as we define it is such a human quality that i don't think any higher power could possess it.

Archived