Being a Genius

Gnes 37

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--
and when you do know everything you learn nothing new.

because There's nothing left to learn ...you allready know it all!

genius schmenius!

Guest Dyptheria

being a genius has nothing to do with knowing nothing or knowing everything. it's about thinking of things, concepts, ideas, or solutions that your contemporaries are unable to think of.

Guest --zeSto--

to continue to poke holes in the paradox...

how could someone possibly know everything to mankind.

They cant! There is no finite limit.

being a genius means knowing nothing cuz the more you learn, you learn that you know nothing

The other side of the spectrum... but equally impossible, again NOT finite.

Knowing nothing is not existing.

can I rephrase..?

A smart man knows that there is always more to learn.

Originally posted by Gnes 37

what does it take to be a genius??

being able to not be here nor there

think somethins right or wrong just knowing it "is"

not knowing the answers to everyones questions, but to know how to obtain the answer to any question

my boy coco has in been and out of prison/programs etc... because he has this problem with authority and being told to do shit on a regular schedule (school, showing up to court, etc.)

but his i.q. is 160, he tooks some test with his psychologist

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Pistol

you guys read the Tao Te Ching?

yeah.. among others

I Ching

Tao Te Ching

The Tao of Pooh <= suprisingly good!

The Way of Chuang Tzu (the old master)

The Tao of Zen (a brilliant comparison)

The Tao of War (same general category)

some taoist works are very hard to read untill you have a base understanding

of the other works. They were designed to be read in a day, or over the course of a life.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

it takes liquid swords !

Werd! http://members.tripod.com/rzarecter/Gza/gza.jpg'> Real Name: Greg Grice

First Album: Words from the Genius

Gza aka Genius aka Maximillion

One of the 3 founding members of the clan, Gza is a lyrical mastermind. He is described by the other clan members as "The best rhymer they have ever met."Gza's Debut album since the clan's begining was in the smashing Liquid Swordz.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by --zeSto--

how could someone possibly know everything to mankind.

They cant! There is no finite limit.

Well, if a person had a brain powerful enough to process every single quantum fluctuation of all the particles in the universe, this person would know all there is to not just mankind, but existence itself. Furthermore, knowledge of all the current probability functions leads to being able to predict with great if not perfect accuracy everything that will happen everywhere at anytime. This person would be God.

Then again, this is just bullshit science and we'll never know if its real or not. Disregard everything I said. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Furthermore, knowledge of all the current probability functions leads to being able to predict with great if not perfect accuracy everything that will happen everywhere at anytime. This person would be God.

my fellow bar stool prophet...

The main roll of a 'God' thought most faiths, is one of 'Creator'.

I agree that the possesion of the absolute knowledge would 'rock supreme',

but what good is that knowledge with out the ability to apply it in creation?

This 'God' of yours would be akin to the wisest critic of Shakespeare, but not the Bard himslef.

I understand what you mean, it is true that "God" is commonly referred to as the Creator, but I guess I was referring instead to his other, less-important role, as the All-Knowing.

However, somebody with the ability to calculate real-time large-scale complex quantum fluctuations should have no problems gathering a few particles or strings, applying a Rule 30 function to them, and placing them within a Planck-sized black hole. The contraction of the black hole's gravity would cause these strings to decrease their vibrations along one axis and inveresely increase the vibrations along another. This would set off a "Mini-Bang", where the new universe, according to our perspective, would contract infintitesimally smaller, but would exhibit characteristics exactly like our expanding universe. The rule 30 ensures that complexity arises with time, and eventually you'll have your very own populated universe. With your incredible computational ability, you should be able to predict everything that will ever happen in that universe as well. This would make you both the Creator and the All-Knowing, making you indeed God. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest --zeSto--

^ oh yeah... prove it!

and from Rule 30...

The left side seems to grow in a fairly orderly fashion, but the right side is unpredictable. One might expect that a simple rule would lead to a consistent order in the entire output, but the eventual result is still fantastically complex (right).

^

thereby negating the argument that this post-mini-bang world would be identical to ours.

and to move out of the metaphysical arena...

With your incredible computational ability, you should be able to predict everything that will ever happen in that universe as well. This would make you both the Creator and the All-Knowing, making you indeed God. Beer,

^

But you still wouldn't be able to control the things you created.

You may push the snowball down the hill, but you cant avoid the yellow snow, despite knowing exactly where and when the snowball will encounter it.

So maybe there's a passive 'lesser-faire' omnipotent deity out there,

but he still doesn't get to throw lightning bolts.

Zesto, the article states that it's unpredictable because it's almost impossible to conceive of anything able to compute so many steps in advance. Trust me, a being that can compute all existing quantum fluctuations would have no trouble at all predicting what a universe created with rule 30 would be like in billions of years. The way rule 30 would work is as follows: You lay basic groundwork for the first quantum states. From that first step, you can predict all the possible outcomes. All of these are weighed according to their probablity waves, and the result is a combination of how each outcome would affect the other. Generating results from even just 3 factors can be an incredibly taxing calculation; ask the astronomers running parallel processor supercomputers to mathematically define the gravitational field around ternary star orbits. As the number of outcomes increases, it becomes more difficult to calculate how they would affect each other. Eventually, after a significantly small number of steps, our calculating abilities come up short.

Second, I have never agreed that a God has the ability to directly intervene, although that is also common religious belief. When a God does intervene, it is because prior to the creation of the universe, He foresaw that His intervention was going to be needed at that specific time, and adjusted his initial rule 30 so it produced results that were to be interpreted as "interventions". You set your snowball atop the hill, and if you don't want it to roll over the yellow snow, you don't point it in that direction. Or maybe you carve your snowball asymmetrically so it descends in a curved path and misses the snow. People watching the snowball would claim that God intervened and moved it out of the way.

Gnes, that's very true. I bet God was like "This geometry will yield forces, which will lead to basic particles, which will lead to subatomic particles, which will lead to atoms, which will lead to molecules, which will lead to proteins and amino acids, which will lead to big reptiles, which will lead to huma... shit, I'm gonna have to send someone to help." Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived