Before They Were Famous

8onus

we hear it time and time again: "man his new shit eats hippo dick, i only fuck with his underground shit."

ah yes, how corporate pressure does have that effect on artists of every media and genre.

so post those favorite pre fame albums, lets get sentimental on this bitch. music, film, art whatever...post em.

**IF THE ARTIST IS STILL UNDERGROUND, LEAVE IT FOR ANOTHER THREAD, THIS IS FOR PRE-FAME ALBUMS OF ARTISTS WHO HAVE LONG GONE MAINSTREAM.

B00001IVOV.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

xzibit - at the speed of life 1996

first heard "enemies and friends" a dawon song viseo freshman year, had no cable all of childhood so i had very little idea of who he was. no album after this one has topped it in my mind.

B00000HZG9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

jay-z resonable doubt 1996

one of my favorite rap albums, beats are fucking smooth, lyrics are well compposed. classic.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Vanity@Apr 10 2005, 10:33 PM

word.. at the speed of life is ill... half his songs, he's talking about his present day self.... but almost every established rapper had a dope first album and wack shit after that.

what killed me about that album for real, is that when i first heard it i thought it was east coast, sounded like it and this was at the height of the whole west east war BS, he didn't seem to give a fuck, and his lyrics with those beats was pure tightness.

Guest KING BLING

Except for the Xzibit and 50 cent referances <neither of which are an underground try> all of these albums were major successes.

How about:

The Roots "Organix"

The Wiggles where Australia's top money earner's last year, raking in a cool $45 Million Dollars.. All for wearing a coloured shirt, dancing with people in animals suits and driving around in a big red car.

Originally posted by smokejuda+Apr 12 2005, 07:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smokejuda - Apr 12 2005, 07:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-smokejuda@Apr 11 2005, 01:08 AM

you all are talkin underground but in reality your just spitten out rappers first albums...

didnt anyone see this the first tiem i posted it

[/b]

its probably because their first albums were "before they were famous"