Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Before They Were Famous

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 8onus, Apr 10, 2005.

1. 8onus

8onus Banned

we hear it time and time again: "man his new shit eats hippo dick, i only fuck with his underground shit."
    ah yes, how corporate pressure does have that effect on artists of every media and genre.

so post those favorite pre fame albums, lets get sentimental on this bitch. music, film, art whatever...post em.
    **IF THE ARTIST IS STILL UNDERGROUND, LEAVE IT FOR ANOTHER THREAD, THIS IS FOR PRE-FAME ALBUMS OF ARTISTS WHO HAVE LONG GONE MAINSTREAM.

[​IMG]
    xzibit - at the speed of life 1996
    first heard "enemies and friends" a dawon song viseo freshman year, had no cable all of childhood so i had very little idea of who he was. no album after this one has topped it in my mind.

[​IMG]
    jay-z resonable doubt 1996
    one of my favorite rap albums, beats are fucking smooth, lyrics are well compposed. classic.

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

word.. at the speed of life is ill... half his songs, he's talking about his present day self.... but almost every established rapper had a dope first album and wack shit after that.

3. 8onus

8onus Banned

what killed me about that album for real, is that when i first heard it i thought it was east coast, sounded like it and this was at the height of the whole west east war BS, he didn't seem to give a fuck, and his lyrics with those beats was pure tightness.

4. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

[​IMG]
    I dont know what to say, after this he lost his way. I cant even fathom how the guy who made the chronic is now producing alot of the garbage that pollutes the radio waves and passes it off as "hip hop."

5. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

6. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

mac dre - young black brotha

he blew up in the bay, especially after death, but most people don't know about his early shit. simple beats, but the shit is lava, for serious.

7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

indeed.

also:
    anything wu-tang prior to the double album (excluding ghostface & ODB)
    eminem's first album
    tribe called quest - from midnight marauders backwards

8. smokejuda

smokejuda Member

you all are talkin underground but in reality your just spitten out rappers first albums...

9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

10. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Any Eminem you can find before his 1st album....

11. krie

krie Guest

12. saraday

saraday Senior Member

^^ aahahahahahha.

13. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

:lol: :lol: :lol: yo, i was thinking the same thing.

14. smokejuda

smokejuda Member

wiggles.. they are gettin kids startedyoung these days. dust blunts

15. smokejuda

smokejuda Member

wiggles.. they are gettin kids startedyoung these days. dust blunts