before the shit hits the fan...

Guest MR BOJANGLES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry but i see no traces of any sort of letters and so i dont like it. looks worse than the stuff i did when i first started. but thats just my opinion, so i hope no one takes this the wrong way like everyone usually does. you got your opinion, i got mine.

Originally posted by Elmo_Hope

sorry but i see no traces of any sort of letters and so i dont like it. looks worse than the stuff i did when i first started. but thats just my opinion, so i hope no one takes this the wrong way like everyone usually does. you got your opinion, i got mine.

....its called wildstyle... all of them say Sek except for one. How long have you been writing?

Originally posted by Elmo_Hope

you have got to be joking...those outlines are tight as hell.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

hahahaha! i love the newjacks that tried to come sideways on my wildstyles...get a clue rookies. one love to all of you...even the toys.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

and to the dude askin about the tape...i used frosted tape on purpose...you can see i cut designs in the edges. thats a closeup of the cover of my piecebook.

Guest --zeSto--

....its called wildstyle...

I wouldn't call any of those 'wildstyle' (in the traditional sence)

They're all made up of bits and pieces. chunk here, line there....

'Wilsdtyle' in the traditional sence has much more flow (interconnections) to it.

example...

http://www.graffiti.no/exem/skisser/wildstyle.jpg'>

see the connections from one letter to the next, to the next.

but that's just my $0.02

I like the first one,

the second one looks 'mid-80's' to me.

third... hmmm

Guest --zeSto--

I dont know what I'd call it?

There's so many styles that it's alost impossible to name them all.

I personally think that 'wildstyle' should be reserved for the classics.

The closest thing to that styls is done by sew,per,all the fx, webs etc.

(just my opinion on the letterforms)

I'd call it 'bojangles' style'... 'cause there's really no other way to describe it.

I'm not the authority on the subject, but I think wildstyle is whatever ou want it to be as long as it's wild. It doesn't have to look like some NYC shit to be a dope wildstyle. Expand your horizons a bit and you'll see there's a lot of dope "non NYC" writers out there, Bojangles included. I don't think there's anyone "qualified" to be an authority on the subject of style unless you maybe write Phase2, Joker, Seen or Bates.

Archived