Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Beer Goggles

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Canadiano, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

Scientists say alcohol
    makes others better-looking

Study finds even small amount of booze boosts sex appeal

LONDON, Aug 19 — Want to be more attractive? Then make sure those around you are having a drink.

BRITISH SCIENTISTS have found even modest amounts of alcohol will make the opposite sex appear better-looking.
    “We have carried out experiments which show that what is known in the trade as the ’beer-goggle effect’ does actually exist,” Barry Jones, professor of psychology at Glasgow University, told Reuters on Monday.
    The study of 120 male and female students found drinking up to four units of alcohol — about two pints (one litre) of beer or four glasses of wine — increased the perceived attractiveness of members of the opposite sex by about 25 percent.
    Jones said alcohol apparently stimulates a part of the brain called the nucleus accumbens, which judges facial attractiveness.
    “There is a strong link between facial attractiveness and signals about the quality of a potential mate,” Jones said.
    The professor said the study had been prompted by the causal link between risky sex and alcohol consumption.
    Its findings come at a time when young Britons are increasingly binge drinking, which has serious health risks.

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

haha.. only the brits!

I say BULLSHIT !

People dont get better looking when your drunk.
    Your standards go down, that's why people go hogging!

3. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

i think this was posted a day or two ago....

4. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

when im trashed ill hump anything thats not fat and has a cunt

5. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

my friends prove this every weekend.

i have too. i said i go on a date with someone, but when i saw them the next time i couldn't even recognize them, then my next thought was "what was i thinking?!?!"

i think they look better cuz they get more blurry and the flaws sort of melt into everything else.

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

Alcohol is a depressant.
    the more you consume, the more sorry for your self you feel.
    And nothing helps a bruised ego like some loving!

Admit it!

It's not that they look better when you're drunk.
    It's that you're less choosy when you're drunk (and horny).

7. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

sometimes i really hate drunk people. including myself.

fucking ass hole mutha fucking peice of shit dont even talk to me shit face your so fake.:heated:

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I took an old scuba mask and glued a pair of bottomless Schlitz cans on them.

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Straight stole my topic and made a new post out of it.... nice.

10. mcpeepants

mcpeepants Guest

awww are you talking about me??
    hehe i had a really bad case of goggles and every one teased me about it in the dpc thread:(

11. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

12. trampled

trampled Guest

hogging...:lol: ...yes stansards do fall when drunk....

you're like: i know she's busted, but i don't fuckin care. i'm gonna get pussy (maybe she'll let me do her in the butt!) :lol: :eek: :lol:

13. Grandola

Grandola Senior Member

very true.

14. mcpeepants

mcpeepants Guest

hahah sounds like a story i heard by a riverbed. hahahhaah

15. platapie

platapie Guest

does this come as shock to any of you? i find myself talkign to all sorts of busted chicks when im drunk and im sure they feel the same about me.;)