Beer Goggles

Guest Canadiano

Guest Canadiano

Scientists say alcohol

makes others better-looking

Study finds even small amount of booze boosts sex appeal

LONDON, Aug 19 — Want to be more attractive? Then make sure those around you are having a drink.

BRITISH SCIENTISTS have found even modest amounts of alcohol will make the opposite sex appear better-looking.

“We have carried out experiments which show that what is known in the trade as the ’beer-goggle effect’ does actually exist,” Barry Jones, professor of psychology at Glasgow University, told Reuters on Monday.

The study of 120 male and female students found drinking up to four units of alcohol — about two pints (one litre) of beer or four glasses of wine — increased the perceived attractiveness of members of the opposite sex by about 25 percent.

Jones said alcohol apparently stimulates a part of the brain called the nucleus accumbens, which judges facial attractiveness.

“There is a strong link between facial attractiveness and signals about the quality of a potential mate,” Jones said.

The professor said the study had been prompted by the causal link between risky sex and alcohol consumption.

Its findings come at a time when young Britons are increasingly binge drinking, which has serious health risks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

haha.. only the brits!

I say BULLSHIT !

People dont get better looking when your drunk.

Your standards go down, that's why people go hogging!

my friends prove this every weekend.

i have too. i said i go on a date with someone, but when i saw them the next time i couldn't even recognize them, then my next thought was "what was i thinking?!?!"

i think they look better cuz they get more blurry and the flaws sort of melt into everything else.

Guest --zeSto--

Alcohol is a depressant.

the more you consume, the more sorry for your self you feel.

And nothing helps a bruised ego like some loving!

Admit it!

It's not that they look better when you're drunk.

It's that you're less choosy when you're drunk (and horny).

Guest uncle-boy

sometimes i really hate drunk people. including myself.

fucking ass hole mutha fucking peice of shit dont even talk to me shit face your so fake.:heated:

Guest mcpeepants
Originally posted by ubejinxed

i have too. i said i go on a date with someone, but when i saw them the next time i couldn't even recognize them, then my next thought was "what was i thinking?!?!"

i think they look better cuz they get more blurry and the flaws sort of melt into everything else.

awww are you talking about me??

hehe i had a really bad case of goggles and every one teased me about it in the dpc thread:(

Guest trampled
Originally posted by --zeSto--

People dont get better looking when your drunk.

Your standards go down, that's why people go hogging!

hogging...:lol: ...yes stansards do fall when drunk....

you're like: i know she's busted, but i don't fuckin care. i'm gonna get pussy (maybe she'll let me do her in the butt!) :lol: :o :lol:

Guest mcpeepants
Originally posted by trampled

hogging...:lol: ...yes stansards do fall when drunk....

you're like: i know she's busted, but i don't fuckin care. i'm gonna get pussy (maybe she'll let me do her in the butt!) :lol: :o :lol:

hahah sounds like a story i heard by a riverbed. hahahhaah

Guest platapie

does this come as shock to any of you? i find myself talkign to all sorts of busted chicks when im drunk and im sure they feel the same about me.;)

Guest platapie
Originally posted by mcpeepants

did you read my post ^^^ plats? heheheh, minus the busted part but the reast sounds about right haha

shhhhhhh.

gilrs im a really nice guy i promise........:p

shit, my friends encourage it and then trash me in the morning.

back in school my friends totally told me this chick was nails. I was waaaay beyond fucked up and still hesitant. they kept telling me they'd do it, so I took her home. the same fuckers that told me to do it came over to my house, let themselves in and proceeded to camp out in front of my bedroom door. they sat there for hours, just so they could see her leave. she opened up the door, saw them sitting there and then bolted. She straight ran out the front door and I never saw her again. I don't really know why, but this made me laugh my ass off. I was practically crying I was laughing so hard. Granted...I was probably still drunk.

Guest mcpeepants
Originally posted by ubejinxed

i have my reading goggles on rig tnow but thinkim feeling ube, heheh call me?

Guest --zeSto--

nice one Austin. some friends you got.

here's my beer goggles story...

So I'm with this friend (the infamous cockblocker of yore),

and we're taking to two ladies. His is way hotter, but she has kids.

He wasn't down with that, so he proceedes to steal mine.

I was pissed at the time, but looking back, he took a bullet for me.

how busted was she?

She was kind of fat, wearing a beer t-shirt with a "texas-tie" with a scorpion on it.

She had old LA Gear sneakers and bike shorts. ewwww......

he really did save me from that one.

NEW NEWS JUST IN:

BEER CAUSES PEOPLE TO FIND UNATRACTIVE FEMALES SUDDENLY TURN INTO MODELS!!

me: well.....huh....never knew that...

Guest Canadiano

zesto, that doesn't sound so bad except the beer shorts. I give her points for originality.

yeah, I've been saved by desperate cockblockers, as well.

Archived