Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

been a while

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by freestyleflow, Sep 9, 2005.

1. freestyleflow

freestyleflow New Jack

i registured back in 2000 and i dont know where it fucked up but i stopped doing graffiti all together except on paper. i stopped using the internet up untill about a couple months ago.
    i did throwies handstyles and simples when i first started to paint in 98 which the(few) more amature writers would aprieciat from a toy.

anyways im back on the scean which is almost none around here except for the bunch of nuts that are litterally vandalizing shit like "freak" with a devil arrow on the bottom of the "k"..
    not that i was really up but i had some stuff here and there which you could actually call apart of the graff scean that was out here before. i was feenin to get up in this ghost town so i hooked up with a friends cousin who used to get up around here about 6 years ago and is a good writer.

on my first night out with my new graff friend and his boy (whos a toy) hit up a roof top with a simple it was small compared to his bomb. he got iron balls compared to me cause hes been gettin up in some nice spots. ill only hit a spot in public if i feel safe, can hide or run and get away with it.
    i been ive been practicing this small chill spot along the rails that nobodies hit for ages. with a nice simple and a couple o bombs.

sorry Cracked for being apart of the critical mass but i got spots tht NOBODY hits and can day paint, and i wont waste them with simples or bombs.

i see alot of smart asses registured since i been gone.

2. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm in the same boat...had a couple of moves, lost contact...had to straighten up and fly right to pay bills, so graff seems to be more of a spectator sport for me nowadays. I kept up on my drawing, though, and maybe it'll come in handy someday...I don't plan that shit, I just work when the spirit moves me.

But, if it's in your blood, don't let anything slow your roll.

I'm definitely smart, but not as much of an ass as some would like to think. You'll see.

3. Home Time

Home Time Senior Member

Due to my job, my future doesn't look good on graffiti terms. I need to take BIG risks in painting, but to me its number one and I will carry that shit on until the day im not fit enough to outrun an officer of the law, reguardless of job, family or any other issues.

Im sure my views will change once I settle down and have a serious relationship, child etc. As the age gets older the things I do now will drift further away from me, and my views will totally change about the way I look at things now, but still, i can dream..

Living in hope.

Home Time.

4. freestyleflow

freestyleflow New Jack

having a kid made me want to paint more, lately atleast. my daughters almost 2 and the other day i showed her how a paint can works and that they come in different colors. i even showed her that some of the caps spray fatter than others. (shes smarter than you think)
    im trying to find a friend that will let me paint their basement so i can show her how you do graffiti.. i know she has potential to be some kind of an artist.. i think it would be awesome to be a crew with my kids than anyone else, i would learn from them as much as they would learn from me. i think any good writer should teach graffiti and graff saftey to their kids.

5. Home Time

Home Time Senior Member

6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

wow, very well said.

i feel the same way. i love doing graffiti but I'm older now and i stand to suffer a lot more if i get caught than per say when i was 17 or 18.

It's still fun but i don't take the risks i used to. These days it's more about a chill spot, a few marker tags here and there, etc.....

Guys like PUZL will always keep the torch of recklessesness(sp) burning

7. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

you never loved graffiti.
    graffiti never loved you.

8. Gunm

Gunm Banned

^^^

silence!!!!

9. NeRVe54

NeRVe54 Senior Member

although moved in a way by a few posts so far.. i still dont understand the point of this thread....?

although! i do agree, no matter how old i get or how much things change.. i still wanna say ****1 was here!