Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Beck- Sea Change

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dusty Lipschitz, Jul 16, 2003.

1. good album
    i know im late...
    but good fucking album

2. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

Agreed, very good album. I really like his older stuff too, and then i'm not much of a fan of odele and i think midnight vultures, but he definitely came through on sea changes.

3. space base

space base Senior Member

I'm a loser babae so why don'tchu kill maeee......

4. im not really a big fan,
    but i really like the vibe and feel of this album

5. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

I haven't heard sea changes, but mellow gold was one of the defining albums in my young life. I'll have to check this new one out for old times sake.

6. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

just dont expect the same stuff, and dont try to compare the two.

7. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

im liking it. i like sunday sun. its more...laid back and mellow than his other stuff. im still a big fan of his more...mmm i guess, poppish sounding songs, like devils haircut.

8. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

I should be alright with whatever style changes he has made over the years, so long as he is still making (what seems to me as) honest music. That was one of the appealing things to me when I picked up mellow gold, it was so loose in it's approach, and I loved that. While I'm not exactly a huge fan of more electronic leaning tunes, when they are done right, they can straight blow my mind. Cake is a pretty good example of what I am talking about. While Motorcade of Generosity is and always will be my favorite album, their newer stuff is great as well.

9. $360

$360 Elite Member

ive always liked beck. but this album is an exeption to his usual goofy-ass songs. good stuff, for sure

[​IMG]

10. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

MTV makes me wanna smoke crack
    fly out of a window and I'm never comin back
    MTV makes me wanna get high
    something somethin...
    where every thing is happy and everythings bright...

Man that is sooooo 8 or 9 years ago. What a great song.