because Mr. Mental is sleeping.... ROB BREZSNY

Guest --zeSto--

Guest --zeSto--

I'm not stealing your fire, just wanted to help out the other horroscope junkies!

ARIES (March 21-April 19)

Happy Valentine's Day, Aries! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how skilled you are at wriggling free of unproductive jams. I admire the way you change yourself into a fresh creation when you've gone as far as you can with the old model. I am delighted by how robustly you rebel against your past and fling yourself open to the unpredictable sweep of the future. There are so many other ways I adore you, my dear, but there's only room to mention one more: I am enchanted by how you always seem ready to build a castle in the wilderness if this world ever fails you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAURUS (April 20-May 20)

Happy Valentine's Day, Taurus! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love the fact that you're a spiritual animal. I adore how you can lose yourself in passion but never forsake your commitment to the good and the true. I am delighted by your sacred quest for pleasure in all its varieties -- from eating ice cream and stealing an extra half hour of sleep to noticing beauty in the smallest details and making love with tender abandon. More than any other sign of the zodiac, you work diligently to create the miracle I love most -- the miracle named by poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning when she wrote "Earth's crammed with heaven."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEMINI (May 21-June 20)

Happy Valentine's Day, Gemini! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how you never bear a grudge against the mountains that are in your way, but rather just set to work getting around them. I adore the way you catalyze interesting chemical reactions everywhere you go. I am delighted by how you bravely follow the leaps of your effervescent intelligence -- even when it means you treat life as if it had a fast-forward button. Last but not least, Gemini, I am quite fond of how you can yack on your cell phone and ride your bike and snack on corn chips all at the same time.

CANCER (June 21-July 22)

Happy Valentine's Day, Cancerian! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how in recent months you've been making yourself more and more open to "truths in their wild state" (philosopher Gilles Deleuze's phrase). Primal magic has come calling for you, not the tame stuff you'd been satisfied with before. In the past you've flirted too often with excitement that didn't turn out to be all that useful or healthy; but lately you've been hungry for the thrill of unknown adventures that are also very good for you. I love you for that!

LEO (July 23-Aug 22)

Happy Valentine's Day, Leo! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how well you're maintaining your sanity as you weave your way along the curvy uphill path with the wasteland on one side and the fake paradise on the other. I admire the fact that your sense of humor is expanding, not shrinking, in the face of floods of ambiguous data. And I adore the fierce poise and openhearted skepticism you're able to muster as you struggle against all odds to be true to yourself. You're my hero, Braveheart.

VIRGO (Aug 23-Sept 22)

Happy Valentine's Day, Virgo! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love your urge to avoid hanging around places where everyone wants to be somewhere besides where they are. I'm also enamored of the wisdom you demonstrate by keeping a corner of your world messy, thereby avoiding the dangers of excessive perfectionism. Maybe most of all, my dear, I'm delighted by your steadily growing talent for putting things back together again after you have dismantled them to see how they work.

LIBRA (Sept 23-Oct 22)

Happy Valentine's Day, Libra! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how you always manage to drum up a "delirium of solutions" (in William Carlos Williams' phrase), and how many of them are elegant. I am delighted you're developing an ever-more-finely honed knack for knowing precisely when and how to give your abundant gifts, and I'm also excited by your growing sense of when to cut back on your giving so as not to overdo it. I'm almost out of room here, but I want to add that I love how you're no longer trying to get fixed by influences that can't fix you, and how you're learning to recognize the magic that really can heal.

SCORPIO (Oct 23-Nov 21)

Happy Valentine's Day, Scorpio! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. First, I love how you have desires for seemingly impossible things. It's your most scary and winsome quality. But there are so many other weirdly adorable things about you, too. I love how you don't run away from the cracks that open up in the world but brazenly peer into them to scope out the mysteries that lie on the other side. I love the fact that you seem to be the reincarnation of a sacred temple prostitute who is hell-bent on expressing your exotic wisdom in this profane world. I'm even delighted when you brilliantly analyze the clockwork of the universe so that you can mess with that clockwork.

SAGITTARIUS (Nov 22-Dec 21)

Happy Valentine's Day, Sagittarius! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. First and foremost, I adore it when you give your companions a sweet, personal version of the higher octave of love: the primordial force of nature described by French philosopher Teilhard de Chardin. "Some day after we have mastered the winds, the waves and gravity," said de Chardin, "we will harness for God the energies of love; and then for a second time in the history of the world, humans will have discovered fire." There's another way I love how you love, Sagittarius. More than any other sign you put into action the ideal expressed by French writer Antoine de Saint-Exupery: "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but looking outward together in the same direction."

CAPRICORN (Dec 22-Jan 19)

Happy Valentine's Day, Capricorn! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how you're peeling off the psychic suit of armor you've worn for so long. I am delighted by the way you're exploring all the hiding places in your heart. I'm thrilled by how sympathetic you're becoming to Thoreau's belief that "There is no remedy for love but to love more" and to Pascal's assertion that "If you do not love too much, you do not love enough." And Capricorn, my dear, I'm exceedingly pleased that you're now receptive to what poet Ezra Pound once wrote: "What thou lovest well remains,/ the rest is dross/ What thou lov'st well shall not be reft from thee/ What thou lov'st well is thy true heritage. . . ."

AQUARIUS (Jan 20-Feb 18)

Happy Valentine's Day, Aquarius! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how you name things that don't quite exist yet, because by doing so you help those things to be born. I adore it when you unleash your imagination from its enclosure and let it fly far away to gaze at forbidden sights and feed on outrageous nourishment. And I am delighted when you shape your experiments so that they're not weird and selfish but rather natural and generous, not decadent violations but exuberant homecomings. Wait! Here's one more throb of appreciation. I love how you can be so wildly serious, loudly soft, thoughtfully garish, lyrically logical, and chaotically organized.

PISCES (Feb 19-March 20)

Happy Valentine's Day, Pisces! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love how unflinchingly you peer into the heart of your own darkness. I adore how resourceful you are about turning difficulties into assets and how smart you are about healing yourself. I am delighted that you've stepped up your commitment to deciphering the code you left for yourself before you came into this life. Welcome back to the Source, Beautiful!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...heh zesto its cool...if i ever dont make it out alive, i want you to acrry the flame...ofcourse i woulda labled it "i have a crush on rob brezney", gotta stay current, and you spelt his name wrong, but heh its a start...

adding to dusty's comment...remember you are beautiful even when your ugly....

Archived