Because im a cop, and that means i can do that.

High Priest

Police Use of Stun Guns on Children Riles Parents

Officers Taser Boy, 6, and Girl, 12

Broadband Video:

Police Taser 6-Year-Old Boy

MIAMI (Nov. 13) - Miami-Dade police have acknowledged using a stun gun on a second youngster just weeks after subduing a 55-pound first-grader with a 50,000-volt shock.

In the second instance, a 15-year-veteran officer used his Taser to immobilize a 12-year-old girl who was playing hooky from school.

Police Director Bobby Parker defended the decision to shock the 6-year-old boy on Oct. 20 because he was threatening to injure himself with a shard of glass he was holding, but he said Friday that he could not defend the decision to shock the fleeing girl, who was apparently drunk.

According to the incident report, officer William Nelson responded to a complaint that children were swimming in a pool, drinking alcohol and smoking cigars about 11 a.m. on Nov. 5.

Nelson said he noticed the girl was intoxicated and told her to get dressed so he could take her back to school.

"While walking the girl to the police car, she took off running through the parking lot," Nelson wrote in his report.

Talk About It

· Chat | Post Messages

Nelson, 38, said he chased her and yelled several times for her to stop. Nelson said he pulled out the Taser and fired when the girl began to run into traffic. The electric probes hit the girl in the neck and lower back, immobilizing her with 50,000 volts.

Nelson said he fired "for my safety along with the girl's safety." Paramedics treated the girl, who went home with her mother.

Parker said department policy permits officers to use the Taser to apprehend someone, but he said he expected his officers to use better judgment, especially when police had no plans to arrest someone playing hooky.

The first incident had already exposed the department to more criticism for its use of Tasers, which it has begun distributing in greater numbers to officers.

"The police could have handled this better," said the 6-year-old boy's mother, Kathy Rojas. "They did not have to shoot him."

Parker said that, in light of the disclosure of the second incident, the department will review its policy.

11-13-04 11:40 EST

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If this story is true, Im happy they got tazered. In FACT, they should have tazered the kids, gone to their homes, and been like Hey Parents, look what I can do! and tazered the kids again, THEN tazered the parents, and then again, and again until their brain was fried back to normal and they realized what it means to be a parent and what it means to keep ALCOHOl out of your children's hands at 12 YEARS OLD.

Good those fucks' kids got tazered, I hope they learned their lesson.

man if i was a cop i would so run around tazing little kids for the fuck of it. but i will never be a cop so i doubt i will ever taze little kids for the fuck of it.

Guest willy.wonka

you keep hearing things and wonder how long they've actually been going on.. i bet somewhere in america they have a whole basement filled with 6 year old and cops go down and taser them after work

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Nov 14 2004, 02:52 AM

your country is fucked. completely fucked. i cant even believe this really happened.

Our country will be bombing a country near you ;)

But anywho... I as well agree that the drunk girl needed it.... But i beleive the 6 year old boy that was tasered before was unnescessary. The fucking fat ass oinker shoulda jumped in the water and pulled the kids ass out instead of pumping full of electricity.