Beats

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAMMER HEAD

if you're brand new to step writing... hammer head will have

you up and going in no time and it looks like there's a few good

sound banks on their site. (like actualy 505 sounds and more)

I'd say check out that app before you get scared by anything more involved.

my big problem with hammer head...

there's no indicator light to tell you where you are

and it doesn't tell you which measure you're on either.

still it's good for free!

Guest porksandwich

Hammerhead is what i started out with too, but once you learn that, fruity loops should be a snap. if you're working with loops and not programming your own beats you can try Acid Pro. Thats a halfway decent program, plus you an record shit on it and arrange it that way(like vocals or whatever). I wasnt a huge fan of rebirth, especially because you can do the exact same things in Fruity Loops.

yep...:rolleyes:

used to have a Yamaha RM1X... cool little toy... only really useful for breakbeats, all the leads, pads, and other melody bullshit were kinda cheese-oriented.

forget fruity loops and rebirth. although rebirth is pretty cool, its better for using in conjunction with another program rather than on its own but i guess that depends on what you wanna do with it.

try kazaa,limewire etc and search for cubase 6. its THE fucking shit preeze bereeve.

Guest porksandwich

Damn Kilo, I just noticed you have Reason. Thats one of the best/most fun programs I've ever used. Unfortunately, I only had the 20min demo, in which you can do absolutely nothing. If you bought it, how much did that set you back? if you dont mind.

i'm proud to be one, too...i just don't say much about it. at one time in my life, i had over $300,000 worth of audio software...cubase, soudforge, a 5.1 digital encoder (that one was worth $100k plus you had to have a license to use it in the professional world), i had acid pro, every loop cd that they had out for that time, tons of dx plugs, a ton of hard to find plug ins for cubas and whatnot....gah, too much to list.. i was a junkie and a half...

Originally posted by casekonly

i'm proud to be one, too...i just don't say much about it. at one time in my life, i had over $300,000 worth of audio software...cubase, soudforge, a 5.1 digital encoder (that one was worth $100k plus you had to have a license to use it in the professional world), i had acid pro, every loop cd that they had out for that time, tons of dx plugs, a ton of hard to find plug ins for cubas and whatnot....gah, too much to list.. i was a junkie and a half...

yeah spot on.. sounds similiar to my homeys set up but he doesnt have the digital encoder. he's got so much shit for cubase its ridiculous. im not hating on fruity loops, just think its a bit limited in its functions compared to any of the above.

Originally posted by casekonly

quarter of a million dollars (which i find amazingly hard to believe) worth of software and you did what with it? :rolleyes:

i just got my mpc out of storage recently. havent had time to plug it in though. besides, other than for programming drums, im trying to keep everything in reason...if i can find another copy of the one cd i need that is.

Originally posted by Vanity

if you can't figure out how to use fruity loops, you prolly shouldnt be making beats.

Word.

I've got Logic Platinum 5.01, Sonar 2, Reason 2.5, Fruity Loops 3.56 and the half-bastard FL Studio 4.1... I've also got an Alesis SR-16 for dicking around on.

You need more than one program to make quality beats.

Archived