beardo's saturday night post

Guest beardo

Guest beardo

well.. its dark outside, its officially saturday, and i feel like typing so here it goes...

walking.

im a weird dude.

it dawned on me this evening, a few blocks after getting that 'are you crazy' look from a co worker at 1:30am... i like walking. so much so it seems that after working 16 hours i stood outside a waiting cab and decided to walk home. 24 blocks to the left then turn right for about another 10. youre giving me that look right now aren't you. so i said, 'see ya back at the homestead' and started on my way. passing all the pretty people out at all the hoppin spots, i decided i never want to go on a date wearing a suit. a block or so later after noticing about the third camera watching me, i thought how much i really dont like being watched. somewhere along the line there was a cool ass building... and thats when it hit me. in a moment of oddly placed self reflection i noticed that my thoughts were totally drifting. so i sez to myself, i sez, 'self, what the hell are you doing?'

'im thinking'

continuing my way home, thinking about how i caught myself thinking and 'the look' i received, i began pondering.. why did i decide to walk home instead of taking the cab? well, 20 thought drifting blocks later i came to this conclusion- i walked because its kind of like meditating to me. my mind is free. i didnt even notice that i had been walking for about 45 minutes if thats any indicator of how spaced out i was. now that i figured out why i always liked to walk, it was time to think about that for the last few blocks. turns out, if memory searves, i've made a lot of important decisions while walking. interesting. standing on the stoop when i got home, looking up at the sky, feeling the nice night on my arms, i was glad that i walked home, and i said to myself, i said self, im glad we had this little talk. (ka boom- crash)

its all so clear! viva la shoes!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

first thing I did when I got to Vermont was take a three hour walk... I used to walk for two hours to get to and from work, and I was a doorman at a club, so I mostly stood up... I don't tend to measure walking in distance, only time... I have trekked some pretty impressive distances hampered by drugs, alcohol and injury as well... all 3 together, each seperate, and in all possible pairs... yeah, walking is good for the soul...

oh, my relatives have walked all over Europe, literally taken trips to go walking...

------------------

2 Can Sam

you should have said to yourself

"self, lets walk to seekings an then help him pack an then we can drive across the country hitting all the freights in the mountains. maybe we can even stop off an see abysmal for a bit. yes self, i think thats what we'll do. what we most certainly will not do is go se 'the score' featuring robert deniro and edward norton because its not good."

or maybe not, what do i know...

lets get this cd trade up.

i believe it was raplh waldo emerson who said

"when someone visits the woods all mean egotism vanishes, we return to reason and faith,.... and nothing can befall you in life which nature cant repair." i guess in this case it wouldnt be the woods it would be the concrete jungle..think about it.

peace

tacoISDEEP

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by beardo:

after getting that 'are you crazy' look from a co worker at 1:30am...

i was confused

i thought we were cabbing it after you waited.

i was down to troop, i just couldnt

epiphanies are the hit dun

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

many of my friends call me crazy or weird when i wanna walk somewhere. they're like "we can give you a ride, we're going there too" and i just walk out the door and meet them there. I like walking, sometimes there are those days where nothin else can be more exciting than the walk you want to go on. That has to be the only thing that i look forward to in life, walks...

and im with smart. i judge walks on time not distance. i like "hmm itll only take me like 45 minutes to walk there". and my friends are like "are you stupid its like a 8 mile walk...weirdo" fuck stupid friends!

ahh.. I too, love walking. and I'm glad you decided not to take the cab. sometimes you just have to walk, it is and always will be that simple. I think it's a human reflex, something that we can no longer understand because we've been riding in cars for so long and because our entire generation has already run out of patience. but I digress. Thoreau actually wrote the best piece on walking I have ever read. strangely enough it's titled, Walking. I actually prefer hiking, trying to listen to myself amongst the noise of a city is often too difficult. one of my favorite bumper stickers is: my other car is a pair of boots.

I walked alot today to.I had to get up at 7 to walk to work for 9.I didn't mind the walking but the legs couldn't handle yet another 12 hour day of straight standing.

On the way home it started to rain and I fell in to this like semi-depressed state where I question the sincerity of most things going on around me.I felt like I could of cried, today's walk sucked.Yesterdays walk sucked to I can't stand going out with my girlfriend any more in the city she's slow and is like a tourist.

I have a friend nicknamed The Walkman.....he's a Forest Gump seriously.He used to walk down town to down town of each major city with in distence of each other ever Friday,Saturday night just looking for something to do or people.I felt bad for Erik and times.

I liked walking for a long time but then I thaught to much about what was really going on....I had to stop talking those long long walks because some times I didn't want to go back to my normal life at home.

Guest Pilau Hands

walking is good. it's interesting how you can multitask...even if it's only walking and thinking. i'll wake up to realize that i've walked 10 blocks...without really looking up sometimes. most of the time i like to glance around and take everything in...but when you're got stuff on your mind...just watch out for the trucks.

Guest Pilau Hands

I just realized that I'm in a really fucking great mood today! Hit me outta nowhere...time to go do stuff and...stuff...you know...shut up!

WOOHOO

i walk too much, i also ride my bike too much. its fun, and youre completely free. bring water though..i often end up in areas with no way of getting something to drink, which sucks when its hot out.

------------------

"pound the shit out of all that control the masses of their rightful sanity..designate the powers of intrusion...grade a plot- bury all authority."

Guest SPLINTER

today i went to my friends birthday party walking, i didnt hear no music when i got there, i saw her mom but her whole family is like umapproachable so i just kept walking, went to my elementry school and went to an old friends house but he wasnt home, i went back to see if the party had started but it hadnt i got all confused and paranoid (lots of coffee this mornin) and thought i had slept a whole day, and that it was sunday and the music coming from the direction of this house yesturday was the party and i heard it in my sleep. i checked my phones calender and indeed it said sunday july 22 and i was like hold up thats my brothers birthday, he would be home today(he wasnt) my dad would be at work(he wasnt) my mom would be on her day of (she wasnt) i got all confused. then i went home and after a while decided to call the birthday girl, it was saturday(i checked my comp) and the party had been canceled due to a funeral for a guy who lived across the street from her who got shot a week earlier. i felt better iwasnt crazy after all. and on my walk i found out that i have to more days of required football practice untill i get a break and only have to go to scholl to weightlift which i actually enjoy doin. whoa that was long.

Damn.

I thought I was weird for enjoying walking.

Theres a park which is 3 miles from my house.

I like to walk there and back just for the hell of it. Its the most relaxing thing in the world. My mind just feels free and relaxed, its like meditating. I pretty much spend the whole time daydreaming. And plus I feel like each step gets me in better shape.

It really is a great way to just reflect on your life.

• 4 weeks later...

*bump* for an appropriate quote from Nitzsche:

"On ne peut penser et ecrire qu'assis [One cannot think and write except when seated] (G. Flaubert). There I have caught you, nihilist! The sedentary life is the very sin against the Holy Spirit. Only thoughts reached by walking have value."

When I heard about Nace I went for a long walk...just thought the subject could stand further discussion before being fully burried in Channel Zero...

woohoo....finaly moved in, just finished hanging paintings, ran out of heiniken...switched to amstel...probably be schrumping within the hour...oh, must i mention i got a job within 24 hours of sending out my resume??? things are good...we'll see how long this lasts...

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

blah, stuck at home just like every saturday night and when i think about it, its just like every night. seams like the only time i go out its for painting or to score dope. ese, got any good nitzsche recomendations? im making a trip to the book store tommorow to pick up some of his stuff but still want some input on what to get. *sigh* another saturday night spent alone reading, so much socartic dialogues, so little time. all my friends are gone, all my dope was smoked and all im left with is the inevitable doom of my next 2 years of boot-camp starting september floating over my head.

Guest cracked ass

I'm glad this thread got resurrected. Big ups for walking. But better than the city is walking the tracks. (Not if passenger trains or higher speed freights run on them...if so stick to the path along the tracks.) Or the woods. Anywhere there's some scenery and no people is good. And word to whoever said bring water.

Archived