1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

beardo's saturday night post

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by beardo, Jul 21, 2001.

1. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo's saturday night post

Discussion started by beardo - Jul 21, 2001

well.. its dark outside, its officially saturday, and i feel like typing so here it goes...

walking.
    im a weird dude.
    it dawned on me this evening, a few blocks after getting that 'are you crazy' look from a co worker at 1:30am... i like walking. so much so it seems that after working 16 hours i stood outside a waiting cab and decided to walk home. 24 blocks to the left then turn right for about another 10. youre giving me that look right now aren't you. so i said, 'see ya back at the homestead' and started on my way. passing all the pretty people out at all the hoppin spots, i decided i never want to go on a date wearing a suit. a block or so later after noticing about the third camera watching me, i thought how much i really dont like being watched. somewhere along the line there was a cool ass building... and thats when it hit me. in a moment of oddly placed self reflection i noticed that my thoughts were totally drifting. so i sez to myself, i sez, 'self, what the hell are you doing?'
    'im thinking'
    continuing my way home, thinking about how i caught myself thinking and 'the look' i received, i began pondering.. why did i decide to walk home instead of taking the cab? well, 20 thought drifting blocks later i came to this conclusion- i walked because its kind of like meditating to me. my mind is free. i didnt even notice that i had been walking for about 45 minutes if thats any indicator of how spaced out i was. now that i figured out why i always liked to walk, it was time to think about that for the last few blocks. turns out, if memory searves, i've made a lot of important decisions while walking. interesting. standing on the stoop when i got home, looking up at the sky, feeling the nice night on my arms, i was glad that i walked home, and i said to myself, i said self, im glad we had this little talk. (ka boom- crash)

its all so clear! viva la shoes!

2. Remy Martin

Remy Martin Guest

Remy Martin - Replied Jul 21, 2001

your a cool dude beardo

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Jul 21, 2001

first thing I did when I got to Vermont was take a three hour walk... I used to walk for two hours to get to and from work, and I was a doorman at a club, so I mostly stood up... I don't tend to measure walking in distance, only time... I have trekked some pretty impressive distances hampered by drugs, alcohol and injury as well... all 3 together, each seperate, and in all possible pairs... yeah, walking is good for the soul...

oh, my relatives have walked all over Europe, literally taken trips to go walking...

------------------
    2 Can Sam

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jul 21, 2001

you should have said to yourself

"self, lets walk to seekings an then help him pack an then we can drive across the country hitting all the freights in the mountains. maybe we can even stop off an see abysmal for a bit. yes self, i think thats what we'll do. what we most certainly will not do is go se 'the score' featuring robert deniro and edward norton because its not good."

or maybe not, what do i know...

lets get this cd trade up.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Gnes 37

Gnes 37 12oz Veteran Member

Gnes 37 - Replied Jul 21, 2001

dont sleep on big walks!!!

Gnes 37 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber 12oz Senior Member

taco bell bomber - Replied Jul 21, 2001

i believe it was raplh waldo emerson who said
    "when someone visits the woods all mean egotism vanishes, we return to reason and faith,.... and nothing can befall you in life which nature cant repair." i guess in this case it wouldnt be the woods it would be the concrete jungle..think about it.
    peace
    tacoISDEEP

taco bell bomber - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber 12oz Senior Member

taco bell bomber - Replied Jul 21, 2001

YEA YOU MIGHT WALK INTO SOMTHING

taco bell bomber - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. Dusty Lipschitz - Replied Jul 21, 2001

i was confused
    i thought we were cabbing it after you waited.
    i was down to troop, i just couldnt

epiphanies are the hit dun

------------------
    Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

9. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Jul 21, 2001

haha i WAS cabbing it till i got to the cab!

10. OGBforMumia

OGBforMumia 12oz Member

OGBforMumia - Replied Jul 21, 2001

many of my friends call me crazy or weird when i wanna walk somewhere. they're like "we can give you a ride, we're going there too" and i just walk out the door and meet them there. I like walking, sometimes there are those days where nothin else can be more exciting than the walk you want to go on. That has to be the only thing that i look forward to in life, walks...

and im with smart. i judge walks on time not distance. i like "hmm itll only take me like 45 minutes to walk there". and my friends are like "are you stupid its like a 8 mile walk...weirdo" fuck stupid friends!

OGBforMumia - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Jul 21, 2001

walking hurts my back. i prefer to cycle, i get the same results though.

12. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO 12oz Senior Member

DISCO BRYSO - Replied Jul 21, 2001

ahh.. I too, love walking. and I'm glad you decided not to take the cab. sometimes you just have to walk, it is and always will be that simple. I think it's a human reflex, something that we can no longer understand because we've been riding in cars for so long and because our entire generation has already run out of patience. but I digress. Thoreau actually wrote the best piece on walking I have ever read. strangely enough it's titled, Walking. I actually prefer hiking, trying to listen to myself amongst the noise of a city is often too difficult. one of my favorite bumper stickers is: my other car is a pair of boots.

DISCO BRYSO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Jul 21, 2001

...enjoyed reading that.....r

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Jul 21, 2001

beardo i know what you are sayin. i go on bike rides at 2am almost every night. very amazing.

------------------
    $$$666MAKROS666$$$

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  15. skullfucker

skullfucker 12oz Junior Member

skullfucker - Replied Jul 22, 2001

walking is gay!

skullfucker - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages: