beardo's saturday night post

Guest beardo

Guest beardo

there were a lot of topics to choose from this week but at the end of the day, it came down to this.

its a strangely satisfying feeling after sharing an interesting situation with people you hardly know. its 7:30am sunday morning. i just got home from spending my saturday day and night at work. that in itself supplies our 'interesting situation' what started with a simple "who has seen the new planet of the apes..?" turned into 6 hours of very entertaining banter and debate. it was myself, rodney, augie, pojo, and carey (who punked out and left at 3am). no one had seen the movie because we've all been at work for the last week solid... hell, rodney literally moved in- had 7 days worth of clothes in his dufflebag. this is not to say that everyone didnt have their opinion of the movie. the conversation snowballs into a near screaming match. selling out, artistic merit, action sequence, dialoge..etc all these things would be scruitinzed about just about every typical movie to be found on a top 5 list. its not hard to imagine that same conversation as it pertains to music, we had it. and dont forget the manditory whos hot whos not on the beautiful woman circuit. at about 5am the conversation cools off enough to do a little inventory. 100 more pages to go. a week of blood, sweat, dialated pupils and food on the boss has boiled down to this. (cue footage of chris farley saying "its go time") 6 o'clock rolls around and everyone is done. LETS GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. standing outside as everyone heads their separate ways, something is different. i hadnt really talked to any of these dudes before, gotten to know them at all in the 4 months i worked there. a lot of opinions were thrown around over the course of the night. respect earned and insight into minds of people i otherwise wouldnt have had the opportunity to explore. if anything, we kept each other awake, and i guess thats all anyone really needed, but in the process built a sort of camaraderie. it happens all the time. adverse situations bringing motley crews together. it just struck me as kind of cool as i headed home.

should you feel moved to share with the class your experience, feel free. as usaul these are just some thoughts floating around my head.

see ya monday.. oh wait.. thats tomarrow....................

edited cus i knew i spelled camaraderie wrong

[This message has been edited by beardo (edited 07-29-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well take it how it is....i love the graveyard shift but then again i hate it...i had alot of cool interesting people to work with though..probably the same situation...we were all cool with each other..we brought in stereo's instead of minding our own with our headsets on....but there were those who we didnt let into our circle....oh well....good morning havin those body twitches must feel nice while you take that first step to lay down...

------------------

its better than jacking off!!!!

I feel you. When I was signing up for the Army we felt that. They make you spend all day there and lots of us were there a few days in a row. We had never seen each other before, but our common denominator was that, for better or worse, we were signing the next few years of our lives to the US military. Especially the group I was sworn in with. There was about 10 of us. Some black, some white, some Hispanic. Some Navy, some Army, one Air Force, one Marine. But we all put up our right hands and swore to defend the country 'against all enenmies foreign and domestic' and also swore to pretty much do whatever Dubya says.

I know in boot camp they purposely build a commoradere. All of us look alike (well..all dressed the same, all shaved heads) we're all being giving more physically than we ever thought we could, we all want to drop - but for some reason we dont, and we all depend on each other to get through alot of missions. I know for alot of the speed missions their motto is 'youre only as good as the slowest member of your team.' Especially infantry, we're gonna be the ones that have each others backs on the battlefield.

Also, basketball players definitely feel a strong sense of commoradere.

good post.

My dad always says he can't wait until we discover life on other planets, because that will build up an unbreakable commoradere between everyone on the entire face of the planet. As sci-fi as it sounds, it's true. Right now, we only have ourselves to unify for or against, which divides us and puts us against eachother. When we're all working for the same cause, can you imagine what can be accomplished? It'll be grave shift work bonds times a million. We kindof caught a small glimpse of that with the Y2K scare.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !:

good post.

My dad always says he can't wait until we discover life on other planets, because that will build up an unbreakable commoradere between everyone on the entire face of the planet. As sci-fi as it sounds, it's true. Right now, we only have ourselves to unify for or against, which divides us and puts us against eachother. When we're all working for the same cause, can you imagine what can be accomplished? It'll be grave shift work bonds times a million. We kindof caught a small glimpse of that with the Y2K scare.

Wasnt that the plot in Independance Day? Its very true though. They say the way to get people to work together is to give them a common goal, or a common enemy. And its very true.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived