bear vs. shark

Guest im not witty

Guest im not witty

this is a good band.

apparently it's a book title as well

and nothing short of a entertaining ninja vs pirate type concept on its on.

discuss any one of these great topics at your leisure.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

disagree sir.

the shark is a chomp, hold & squirm type of attacker... he couldn't do shit to a bear, especially a grizzly. by the time he sunk in his hundreds of teeth, he'd be mauled like a motherfucker (keep in mind, 1 grizzly paw swing and the human head goes flying off like barry bonds hitting off a tee).

victory- bear.

Guest im not witty

my friends played a show with these guys and they were nuts, running around, humping on a synthesizer and all kinds of shit. i was blown away.

then later we listened to the album. the first three songs are amazing and frantic, then it kind of slows down, didnt really get me as much, but im sure it will grow on me. all in all, very impressive i think

Guest im not witty

i think the concept of the fight is that it takes place in enough water that the shark can manuever, but not too deep that the bear cant. thats the concept for the book i think, like a huge deal in vegas type prize fight. anywho...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Naaaah dude, even on land it's gonna be tough. The shark is gonna be flopping around like a maniac, and the bear will have to assume a sort of humping position to stay away from the mouth. If he fails, he's fucked. The bear can't bite at anything other than fins and tail, cause his mouth isn't big enough to go for the body. It will paw and tear shit away with its claws, but it'll take quite some time to get through the zillion layers of fat to get at the vitals. On the other hand, bears have tons of lovely protrusions that are gonna come off immediately if the shark gets to them, along with main arteries that are gonna spew out like a water fountain, AND sharks have a huge fucking mouth that could tear off giant chunks right off the body.

Sharks, dude. Sharks all the way.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

the bear will have to assume a sort of humping position to stay away from the mouth. If he fails, he's fucked.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I'm assuming we're pitting best of the best here, which would be a polar bear vs. a great white. Not like, a black bear vs. a silly whitetip.

simple: Bear (even in water)

why?

Shark = One point of attack (the jaw)

Bear = Five points of attack (four claws and the jaw)

The claws make all the difference.

I wonder how easily a shark could rip through the thick hide of a bear. And I wonder if a shark's jaws could crush a bear's bones. But a bear probably couldn't swing it's claws around fast enough under water. That would be an interesting battle.

Guest Pilau Hands

haha we're all weirdos

but if we're gonna get serious here, we've got to think of the attack space of the bear and shark. is there really a depth of water for the shark to maneuver in with the bear still freely capable of attacking? we know the bear can stand there and grab/bite/swipe, but how much area does the shark need. if it's like a steel cage match, in a small space, i'd give it to the bear. hopefully, it'd be smart enough to move out of the way of the shark's jaws, humpgrab it, and just start tearing into the thing. if it's like a dark alley one night, i'd say the shark. mofo's too fast foh yah.

i thought about that too ube...you'd have to starve the shark to the point where it was hungry enough to take on something the size of a grizzly bear. and you'd have to somehow make the bear think the shark was attacking it's cubs or something. how? i dont know...fake movie? flash cards?

candygram

Nerds to the Rescue!

from this very nerdy site...

These are game statistics for various sorts of animals, gathered from numerous White Wolf sourcebooks. Vampire: the Masquerade Revised, Blood-Dimmed Tides, the Werewolf Revised Storyteller's Companion, Mummy: the Ressurection and more. Only the physical stats have been included, as Pooka generally keep their own Social and Mental Attributes when in their Animal Miens.

Bear

Strength: 4/7/7, Dexterity: 2, Stamina: 4/6/7

Attacks: Claw: Str +2 Lethal, Bite: Str +0 Lethal

Notes: Black Bears are represented by the numhbers to the left of the slashes. Brown and Grizzly Bears are the center number. Polar Bears are the number on the right.

Shark

Strength: 2-5, Dexterity: 3-4, Stamina: 3-5

Attacks: Bite: Str +2 Lethal

Notes: Variable Attributes cover the different breeds of shark, with Great Whites at the high end.

the Bears take it!

Man, you guys are all backwards.

First off, a shark can EASILY tear into the thick hide of a bear. They've found mangled pieces of chewed up STEEL in shark's bellies. A shark chomps down on something with intent to tear and you can kiss that shit goodbye.

Second, many points of attack vs. one point of attack doesn't hold up in this case. It's like pitting a tank with a huge fucking rocket launcher against an armored humvee with 5 big machine guns. By the time the machine guns have caused significant damage, the tank would've blown the shit out of the humvee.

Thirdly, you gotta take into account that a great white can lift itself clearly out of the water in one jump, a feat that requires so much strength it will shit your pants. Even if the bear manages to humpgrab it, it will probably be able to toss it with a couple of good tail swipes. I got tail slapped in the chest by a measly 22-pound dorado last Saturday and it nearly knocked me on my ass, I don't wanna imagine what a ton-and-a-half shark can do.

Fourth, let's not get into unnecessary variables like how to get them riled up to fight. Everyone knows both bears and sharks ALWAYS want to fuck shit up and kill things.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

simple: Bear (even in water)

why?

Shark = One point of attack (the jaw)

Bear = Five points of attack (four claws and the jaw)

The claws make all the difference.

I beg to differ.

(in water)

shark = two points of attack (jaw and the water which the bear will drown in once the shark has bitten into the bear)

shark team whut.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Bear

Strength: 4/7/7, Dexterity: 2, Stamina: 4/6/7

Attacks: Claw: Str +2 Lethal, Bite: Str +0 Lethal

Notes: Black Bears are represented by the numhbers to the left of the slashes. Brown and Grizzly Bears are the center number. Polar Bears are the number on the right.

Shark

Strength: 2-5, Dexterity: 3-4, Stamina: 3-5

Attacks: Bite: Str +2 Lethal

Notes: Variable Attributes cover the different breeds of shark, with Great Whites at the high end.

That's bullshit... they completely pussified the shark's specs. Strength 5? A great white is a 20ft. giant muscle with a gianter mouth. Also, they forgot to add "Fucking Huge Tail Swipe of Death" to the attacks list, which would be Str +5 Lethal.

Archived