be true to rourselfand you'll never fall

PHATLIP

Ok first off, my title might be rookie, but please don't take that into consideration as you read this. I'm a 20 years young, growing up in Grand Rapids, MI. Pursuing a carreer in graphic design. My statemant to all of you is, Please do your graffiti for yourself, I've alwayz been told that I was a real swell artist, but untill just a few years ago I had no real out-let for my art, I used to see the graffiti subculture so,,,umm,,,sacluded,,,but at the same time, in the face of the puplic eye, I've now read all the books (Bomb the Suburbs, Getting Up, The Art of Getting Over, etc) Live the underground life and also unfortunatly served time. Now the true lesson i've come to comprehend is , no matter "how hip-hop" I am, or how often I get up, or even how much recognicion I get from my crew, to me it's all about the ART, is that not the true meannig behing Graffiti? Don't get me wrong, the bigger the piece the closer i am to my krown. What I'm strayin away from is the point i started out spitin. I just want all of you to reconsider the reason why you do what you do. weather your a toy or the dopest wildstyle teck. If your hole heart and soul isn't into the sport, well then,,, put your cans, blackbooks, and masks, on the shelf and find yourselfz, try to discover the true meanning behind beeing "True"!!! I want to appoligize for any misspelled werdz.

keep your eyes open for some soon to be posted threadz @ the bench.

DEKA TCVcrew

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

from your post im not exactly sure if you still live in "GR" or still write..but i just moved to Grand Rapids about 2 months ago and havn't seen an ounce of graffiti..so if you know of some spots or maybe lookin for another to go bomb with let me know...i don't know anyone here..and i havn't gone out to hit anything with all this shitty ass cold

Guest drip one

there is no right or wrong way to write. besides a couple standard guidelines to keep everyone safe. thats what always causes the arguements. graff is all opinion. so do what you like and have fun.

Originally posted by taxer

graffiti means somthing different to everyone, i do it to get bitches.

hahahahaha.... nine times outta ten tho... the bitches been standin around watchin us paint and they aint got masks on so they are easy kill.

CAPS........ funny minkey tubby fat

more of a personal development thing for me....and an addiction....plus its fun....and i meet pretty decent people, however, unlike taxer, i have yet to meet any womenfolk doing graffiti :D....if i wasnt such i bum maybe id have more things to do than paint....

i started to paint because i liked the fame and the "cool" aspect to it, the destruction also appealed to me. the raw fucked up ness of it.

now its still for fame, but i like to practice my handstyles and shit to express myself. non writers see a writer in a different light, it means a bit to me now. i like going into nyc and seeing a tag and knowing who did it, i like being able to read something nobody else can read (non writers) and other shit like that. its just cool..

true... true.

feelin' you on the hotwings,

but seriously.. I agree with what this guy has to say. To me, knowing why you're in the game and what's driving you to get up is the difference between a toy and a writer. To me, it's not lack of skills that make a toy, it's lack of knowledge.

peace,

Archived