Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

be true to rourselfand you'll never fall

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by PHATLIP, Mar 1, 2002.

1. PHATLIP

PHATLIP New Jack

Ok first off, my title might be rookie, but please don't take that into consideration as you read this. I'm a 20 years young, growing up in Grand Rapids, MI. Pursuing a carreer in graphic design. My statemant to all of you is, Please do your graffiti for yourself, I've alwayz been told that I was a real swell artist, but untill just a few years ago I had no real out-let for my art, I used to see the graffiti subculture so,,,umm,,,sacluded,,,but at the same time, in the face of the puplic eye, I've now read all the books (Bomb the Suburbs, Getting Up, The Art of Getting Over, etc) Live the underground life and also unfortunatly served time. Now the true lesson i've come to comprehend is , no matter "how hip-hop" I am, or how often I get up, or even how much recognicion I get from my crew, to me it's all about the ART, is that not the true meannig behing Graffiti? Don't get me wrong, the bigger the piece the closer i am to my krown. What I'm strayin away from is the point i started out spitin. I just want all of you to reconsider the reason why you do what you do. weather your a toy or the dopest wildstyle teck. If your hole heart and soul isn't into the sport, well then,,, put your cans, blackbooks, and masks, on the shelf and find yourselfz, try to discover the true meanning behind beeing "True"!!! I want to appoligize for any misspelled werdz.

keep your eyes open for some soon to be posted threadz @ the bench.

DEKA TCVcrew

2. a1koolaid

a1koolaid New Jack

from your post im not exactly sure if you still live in "GR" or still write..but i just moved to Grand Rapids about 2 months ago and havn't seen an ounce of graffiti..so if you know of some spots or maybe lookin for another to go bomb with let me know...i don't know anyone here..and i havn't gone out to hit anything with all this shitty ass cold

3. dai

dai Senior Member

i couldn't agree more.

4. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

pure enjoyment...that's why i do it.

5. kodak

kodak Member

i do it because it gets me off. literally i have orgasms when i go bombing. damn!

6. zen

zen New Jack

must be messy

7. drip one

drip one Guest

there is no right or wrong way to write. besides a couple standard guidelines to keep everyone safe. thats what always causes the arguements. graff is all opinion. so do what you like and have fun.

8. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

9. CAPS

CAPS Member

TRUTH..... one

CAPS..... saw a green eyed nematoad today.

10. taxer

taxer Junior Member

graffiti means somthing different to everyone, i do it to get bitches.

11. cmeup

cmeup Veteran Member

gettin all deep n shit... word.

pretty on point... i guess.. like your screenname.

teaser<~

12. CAPS

CAPS Member

hahahahaha.... nine times outta ten tho... the bitches been standin around watchin us paint and they aint got masks on so they are easy kill.

CAPS........ funny minkey tubby fat

13. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

more of a personal development thing for me....and an addiction....plus its fun....and i meet pretty decent people, however, unlike taxer, i have yet to meet any womenfolk doing graffiti :D....if i wasnt such i bum maybe id have more things to do than paint....

14. metallix

metallix Elite Member

i started to paint because i liked the fame and the "cool" aspect to it, the destruction also appealed to me. the raw fucked up ness of it.

now its still for fame, but i like to practice my handstyles and shit to express myself. non writers see a writer in a different light, it means a bit to me now. i like going into nyc and seeing a tag and knowing who did it, i like being able to read something nobody else can read (non writers) and other shit like that. its just cool..

15. unoprimero

unoprimero Guest