1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

be original

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by bemflix, Oct 9, 2002.

1. bemflix

bemflix 12oz Senior Member

be original

Discussion started by bemflix - Oct 9, 2002

being from the Birthplace of mordern graffiti i might be bias..but is it just me or has anyone else noticed......
    niggas need to come up with their own names... looking in the metalhead section i noticed several freights but guys with names like booze, spek, and0 jeers.. there are many more(i wont bring up the names like dash)
    dont these silly bastards know. booze was a partner of tkid's back in the early 80's. he work is well documented. spek has passes on and still has tons of work in the streets of nyc also well documented. and jeer went all-city back in 89 and still puts in work again well documented.

could it be that if your from the sticks in west bumble fuck people think they can just snatch peoples names.... cause in NYC niggas catch lumps for shit like that.

bemflix - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

TrustEvil - Replied Oct 9, 2002

you're wasting your time......

3. cheesecurd

cheesecurd Guest

cheesecurd - Replied Oct 9, 2002

sad, but true

4. rusto-man

rusto-man 12oz Member

rusto-man - Replied Oct 9, 2002

i think some writers just dont care anymore...i would check anyfool who tryed to write my name or anything similer to it. and i think thats how shit should be...

rusto-man - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. Southern kid

Southern kid 12oz Elite Member

Southern kid - Replied Oct 10, 2002

word to that last comment..

Southern kid - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Oct 10, 2002

i thought Philly was the birthplace of modern graffiti

and it's not only nyc writers whose names get jacked..

how many jases are there now?
    and i don't think any of 'em are from nyc

the graf world is filling up..there are some morons around my way with names like Ghost..

i guess if one wants to keep a claim on their name, they have to be as up as possible at all times..
    and that is certainly not gonna prevent someone from trying to grab that name for themself...

if someone is that concerned about another out there with the same name, we all know how that should be handled...

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  7. The Dude

The Dude 12oz Elite Member

The Dude - Replied Oct 10, 2002

how about these theories:
    maybe some of these dudes that have the same name as these NY guys because:
    A)theyve never been to NY.
    B)they dont go on the internet for graffiti.
    C)they dont look at graff mags.
    D)maybe they wrote their names long enough to make a name for themselves in west bumblefuck, then later realizing someone 500-2000 miles away writes a similar name, and dont feel like making a name change.
    E) like you said, maybe they just bite.

The Dude - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. krowteN

krowteN Guest

krowteN - Replied Oct 10, 2002

with all that being said i still think its rediculious to write shit like
    daze, case, duro, seen etc.

com' on. i find it hard to believe these mo fo's have never seen subway art or style wars.

9. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied Oct 10, 2002

...there are lots of writers that are all-city in ny and other big cities that no one except fro the people from there or have lived there know about...Do you know the names of all the kids that are all city across the country?...i seriously doubt anyone does unless they travel constantly(or live on 12oz)...

....there is huge difference between writing the name of someone across the country and writing the name of someone in your own city or region...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. bemflix

bemflix 12oz Senior Member

bemflix - Replied Oct 10, 2002

it just gets me heated

philly being the birthplace of graff is absurd. why cause in the early 70's cornbread took a tag. please. graffiti as it is known today is because of "style wars" and "subway art" both of which featured NYC.
    but again thats not the point. we can save that for another discussion.

krowteN
    said it best
    "i find it hard to believe these mo fo's have never seen subway art or style wars."

where do you think these kids got the idea in the first place.

it justs makes me mad thats all
    whats next i should start writing duro3 and cap2 or dondi4 maybe cope6
    bem

bemflix - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

TrustEvil - Replied Oct 10, 2002

funny that you mention Duro3....we got one already, and well...ah fuck it, nevermind.

12. BIGMETALCIRCUS - Replied Oct 14, 2002

im relatively positive that the "metalheads" spek that you are refering to has been writing the name as long as the since passed on spek from nyc. not only that, but if you came to "east bumblefuck"(boston, think thats a whole 3 and a half hours north of the birthplace of graf?)...you would see the kid has made a bit of a name for himself. paints more than anyone i know, fr8s, walls, whatever, still gets up, and is a damn good painting partner...

13. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

TrustEvil - Replied Oct 14, 2002

...that was so sweet. bnsf reefer anyone ?

14. krowteN

krowteN Guest

krowteN - Replied Oct 14, 2002

Re: it just gets me heated

well bem you know im not trying to start no shit with you, but i gotta say this. philly is the birthplace of graff, or better yet writing. New york took it to that other level, and yes if it wasnt for new york the world would know nothing of writing. but the trains were demolished in pilly before nyc. this is not just my words-hell im a new yorker to the heart dunn, but i gotta give the propper respect where its due and deal with the actual factual, ya know. ask old first generation writers about philly-ask them about top cat from broadway. ask phase2, and he'll prolly tell you the same thing. and he was right there when it started in nyc. hey i love new york as much as the next new yorker and i still regard nyc as the mecca of graff, but philly writers were first at writing their names with ink and paint on public transportation vehicles. this was back in like 65-66. didnt begin to show up in nyc until 69-70. like i sed no dis to you or nyc. just making a point.

15. BIGMETALCIRCUS - Replied Oct 14, 2002

only if i dont get the door this time...