be original

bemflix

being from the Birthplace of mordern graffiti i might be bias..but is it just me or has anyone else noticed......

niggas need to come up with their own names... looking in the metalhead section i noticed several freights but guys with names like booze, spek, and0 jeers.. there are many more(i wont bring up the names like dash)

dont these silly bastards know. booze was a partner of tkid's back in the early 80's. he work is well documented. spek has passes on and still has tons of work in the streets of nyc also well documented. and jeer went all-city back in 89 and still puts in work again well documented.

could it be that if your from the sticks in west bumble fuck people think they can just snatch peoples names.... cause in NYC niggas catch lumps for shit like that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bemflix

being from the Birthplace of mordern graffiti i might be bias..

i thought Philly was the birthplace of modern graffiti

and it's not only nyc writers whose names get jacked..

how many jases are there now?

and i don't think any of 'em are from nyc

the graf world is filling up..there are some morons around my way with names like Ghost..

i guess if one wants to keep a claim on their name, they have to be as up as possible at all times..

and that is certainly not gonna prevent someone from trying to grab that name for themself...

if someone is that concerned about another out there with the same name, we all know how that should be handled...

being from the Birthplace of mordern graffiti i might be bias..but is it just me or has anyone else noticed......

niggas need to come up with their own names... looking in the metalhead section i noticed several freights but guys with names like booze, spek, and0 jeers.. there are many more(i wont bring up the names like dash)

dont these silly bastards know. booze was a partner of tkid's back in the early 80's. he work is well documented. spek has passes on and still has tons of work in the streets of nyc also well documented. and jeer went all-city back in 89 and still puts in work again well documented.

could it be that if your from the sticks in west bumble fuck people think they can just snatch peoples names.... cause in NYC niggas catch lumps for shit like that.

how about these theories:

maybe some of these dudes that have the same name as these NY guys because:

A)theyve never been to NY.

B)they dont go on the internet for graffiti.

C)they dont look at graff mags.

D)maybe they wrote their names long enough to make a name for themselves in west bumblefuck, then later realizing someone 500-2000 miles away writes a similar name, and dont feel like making a name change.

E) like you said, maybe they just bite.

Guest krowteN

with all that being said i still think its rediculious to write shit like

daze, case, duro, seen etc.

com' on. i find it hard to believe these mo fo's have never seen subway art or style wars.

...there are lots of writers that are all-city in ny and other big cities that no one except fro the people from there or have lived there know about...Do you know the names of all the kids that are all city across the country?...i seriously doubt anyone does unless they travel constantly(or live on 12oz)...

....there is huge difference between writing the name of someone across the country and writing the name of someone in your own city or region...

it just gets me heated

philly being the birthplace of graff is absurd. why cause in the early 70's cornbread took a tag. please. graffiti as it is known today is because of "style wars" and "subway art" both of which featured NYC.

but again thats not the point. we can save that for another discussion.

krowteN

said it best

"i find it hard to believe these mo fo's have never seen subway art or style wars."

where do you think these kids got the idea in the first place.

it justs makes me mad thats all

whats next i should start writing duro3 and cap2 or dondi4 maybe cope6

bem

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

im relatively positive that the "metalheads" spek that you are refering to has been writing the name as long as the since passed on spek from nyc. not only that, but if you came to "east bumblefuck"(boston, think thats a whole 3 and a half hours north of the birthplace of graf?)...you would see the kid has made a bit of a name for himself. paints more than anyone i know, fr8s, walls, whatever, still gets up, and is a damn good painting partner...

Guest krowteN

Re: it just gets me heated

philly being the birthplace of graff is absurd. why cause in the early 70's cornbread took a tag. please. graffiti as it is known today is because of "style wars" and "subway art" both of which featured NYC.

but again thats not the point. we can save that for another discussion.

well bem you know im not trying to start no shit with you, but i gotta say this. philly is the birthplace of graff, or better yet writing. New york took it to that other level, and yes if it wasnt for new york the world would know nothing of writing. but the trains were demolished in pilly before nyc. this is not just my words-hell im a new yorker to the heart dunn, but i gotta give the propper respect where its due and deal with the actual factual, ya know. ask old first generation writers about philly-ask them about top cat from broadway. ask phase2, and he'll prolly tell you the same thing. and he was right there when it started in nyc. hey i love new york as much as the next new yorker and i still regard nyc as the mecca of graff, but philly writers were first at writing their names with ink and paint on public transportation vehicles. this was back in like 65-66. didnt begin to show up in nyc until 69-70. like i sed no dis to you or nyc. just making a point.

Guest MONSTERKIDZ

i agree with Bem totally but

im not gonna fight battles for Booze or Blade or whoever

cause i know damn well no one is fighting my battles

shit

I for one, dont know shit about those movies, in fact, I rather watch euro train movies. I never saw those wildstyle or whatever the fuck, thats tacky 1980s shit. second, I lived in Staten Island, I liked to see graff in brooklyn and manhattan but the real graff to me was that shit in my own borough, pieces in my own handball court or bball court. Only last year I started pantin freights, I never lived near freights, Ide never see them,you think when i was a kid i would travel to shitland nowhere to see freights? fuck that, I hold my own rep. where I'm from and wherever I go I make sure I tour the streets at least once or twice just for the fuck of pissin of seeing my name up.(damn, i'm goin bombin, fuck this shit)

Archived