BCS IS BULLSHIT!

CoffeehouseFunkstar

yo tell me how a team that didn't even win their conference, LET ALONE THEIR OWN DIVISION IN THE CONFERENCE gets to the National Championship game...

it's bullshit, pure unadulterated bullshit.. plain and simple..

Oregon was ranked number 2 by both voting polls, and ends up 4th in the BCS computer rankings! WHAT?! )more bullshit...)

Colorado, who ended the regular season by handing Nebraska their asses (62-26 I think was the final score) get's ranked behind Nebraska in the BCS..(more and more bullshit..)

I need input.. I am an Oregon fan(I was born in Eugene where the U of O campus is) and I can't believe this, what is Oregon's coach supposed to tell his seniors?

"sorry guys, but you just got shit on..."?

wackness all around!

thanky you for your support

College Football

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

colorado has 2 losses. yeah, nebraska did get spanked... but, oregon would deserve it over colorado. colorado got their ass whooped by texas, why are people forgeting that!?!?! bcs is smart. they put the team with the biggest nationally following against miami...

i swear these are real organizations:

texans for cornhuskers...

northern california nebraska fans.

they have an undisputed following and ARE one of the best teams in the country.

fuck you, go big red.

I'm sayin, they said there was not as much emphasis on margin of victory, but Nebraska gets smoked, Oregon wins by 2 scores (17-6) in monsoon conditions the next week, and Nebraska moves ahead of Oregon? what the hell!?

AND they said Harrington blew his Heisman chance cause he had a mediocre game passing(in monsoon conditions).. how did Couch not blow his, throwing how ever many picks and getting hammered?

BULLSHIT!

BCS SUCKS!

GO DUCKS!

Originally posted by blood & guts

colorado has 2 losses. yeah, nebraska did get spanked... but, oregon would deserve it over colorado. colorado got their ass whooped by texas, why are people forgeting that!?!?! bcs is smart. they put the team with the biggest nationally following against miami...

i swear these are real organizations:

texans for cornhuskers...

northern california nebraska fans.

they have an undisputed following and ARE one of the best teams in the country.

fuck you, go big red.

Nebraska didn't win the Big 12. Period. If you don't win your conference, you don't belong in the championship game.

After thinking about it for a little longer than 3 minutes .. I agree that Oregon should get the nod over Colo. based on Colo.'s 2 losses. But the fact remains ... no matter how much you love the Huskers, they don't belong in Pasadena.

i understand the conference championship argument. but, 2 losses is 2 losses. if oregon wins their game, they should get co-championship. i do agree that oregon is getting a bit of a shaft here. but, BCS wants ratings. i know Oregon has a following, but nebraska has a following, tradition, a MUCH more marque player, and a fan base that travels unlike any other.

also, look at the non-conference games each team scheduled...

nebraska played a pretty good TCU team, and a pre-season favorite in Notre Dame.

Oregon had Wisconsin as there season kick off. bleh.

we all know non-conference games make a strength of schedule, and they also built nebraskas tradition... nebraska shared their program with florida state in the late 80's... scheduled non-conference games with them for years, and built them into the respected program that they are...

go big red. big 12 has gotten screwed in the past by bcs too! kstate always gets fucked by the system...

but, whoever isnt in the game should be bitching. its understandable.

wow i was in portland awhile back and i was amazed how seriously you yakees take college basketball and just sports in general , im not saying it bad bc i fell the college ball too , its much better paced then nba but im just saying its wierd to me bc here in canada college ball might as well be elementary school ball , okay i am exxagerating but its WAY less a big deal , like 1-2 hundred fans is considered a huge crowd. so ya i was just wondering why its such a huge deal there

and on another note yall's sportscentre is crap , the one here on tsn is way better than urs on espn and ya i know we prolly borrowed the format from yall but ours is still way better coverage , ohh and our 'sportsnet' and 'the score' sports networks are way better than any i saw there.

no beef intended just debate

true Wisconson fell off, but if you remember, they were pre-season #6 in the polls... AND schedules get made at least 2-3 years prior to the season, and Wisconson (and Ron Dayne) were a powerhouse then..

I also get cranky cause basically the only nationally televised games from the Pac-10 come on Fox sports and kick off usually isn't till 700 PST that's a 9:00 kickoff East coast.. No one wants to stay up till 1am to watch a game...so I think the west coast needs some more publicity.. Notre Dame is on EVERY weekend(they have a contract with ABC) reguardless of their record... Oh well, I'm not mad at Nebraska, just the situation.. So for now..GO BIG RED(in the RoseBowl) and GO DUCKS and maybe we can be co-national champs...

Archived