Bboys/bgirls, dancers in general...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll post up what Kujo wrote on another forum:

After nearly 2 years of conceptualizing, filming, editing, and constant bickering, "Detours" is almost ready to go. Originally conceived by Elsewhere and myself, this video demonstrates the unorthodox and experimental aspects of our dance forms. Featured are Midus, Robzilla, Elsewhere, and Kujo, as well as many of our friends who have chosen to take a detour along the path less traveled. Included are Circle of Fire, Havikoro, Sour Patch Kids, Knuckle Head Zoo, and others. Together, we attempt to blur the established boundaries that separate our dance forms and, in turn, separate us from one another; we attempt to show that, ultimately, we are all One.

This collaborative effort is by no means an attempt to overshadow or discredit any established dance forms or established dancers. We are merely demonstrating, through our movements, the infinite potential of the human body. Though our manifestations may not adhere to the strict formulas that now comprise the world's myriad dance forms, we are here to show that we, too, have something to offer.

A trailer will be online and available for download within the next few days. We hope that you will enjoy what you see. Peace.

Kujo

Haha, if you've ever seen Kujo or Elsewhere dance, you'd think it's the farthest thing from breakdancing. Like Seeking said, breakdancing is so '79. These guys are light years ahead. Beer,

El Mamerro

Yeah Kronos dude you should post the link to that trailer when its out ...

Definately going to check this out, cause i fucken LOVE ORB ... dude does shit that i have to rewind look at again and go huh ? I admit that i completely bit his 9000 though ... and i'm not ashamed at all.

Dubya, I can guarantee this video contains 0% competitive asshole attitude. All of these guys hate that shit. Kujo, well, you've seen him, he doesn't even like to be called a bboy... Elsewhere, I've only seen one clip of him and he made me shit my pants twice. I guess you'd call what he does popping, but it's the strangest and most abstract popping I've ever seen... Robzilla does really weird stuff, haha... his style is all about little details and doing really simple things that no one would've ever thought of... and Midus just DANCES. He does no breakdancing, no popping, I have no idea what he does... You could call it freestyling but it doesn't even look like what freestylers do, he's just funky and creative as fuck. AND, without even bboying, he managed to take out everyone in the Out for Fame (the biggest national bboy competition in the US) 1-on-1 competition to win the title.

The rest of the guys in it... You've seen Circle of Fire. Knucklehead Zoo is my favorite crew out right now, and they're abstract as fuuuuck. Tons of bizarre styles, impossible freezes, and the stuff that makes old schoolers cringe. Haven't seen Sour Patch, but I've heard they're on a similar tip than KHZ. Havikoro is the most "normal" crew in it, but they still got an innovative edge and have every single aspect on lockdown. They're pretty much the best crew in the US right now, they represented the USA at Battle of the Year in Germany, the biggest event in the world.

I just gave myself a hard-on. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS: Knowledj, what's Orb's 9000? I'm guessing it's something he does on his head, haha

Guest imported_sofarok

fairy flying

'aggresive street dancing'

my bro got the kujo water buffalo video the other day, props to him for being mad fresh and trying somthing new but it look a bit stupid....on the other hand i cant b boy for shit.

i guess its the equivilent of new 'wierd' graf styles coming through, people are always scared of change and the unknown.

Heh... We made Kujo's video intensely stupid on purpose. Made you laugh, didn't it? But it's true, liking Kujo's dancing is usually an acquired taste. By the way, that video is getting pretty old now, he's on some waaaay harder shit now. For example, you know those front flips he does at the end, where he both takes off and lands on his hands? He can now do a flare, flip over when he gets to the back, and do another flare... his feet never touch the ground. Beer,

El Mamerro

He says he's got footage of it, but I don't know if that's coming out in this video. He's probably saving it for the second solo video. And yeah, I totally know what move you're talking about now... that's a hard-ass move, you need really good 90's before you get em, so props if you can.

Kujo auditioned for Cirque, and they bugged the fuck out with him, and "hired" him on the spot. Problem was, they didn't have any acts to fit him in, so until a part shows up, he's kinda stuck. Beer,

El Mamerro

Ladies and gentlemen...

...my pants have just been shat upon multiple times. The trailer is up:

Damn.

It's gonna be available in February. I can't fucking wait. Beer,

El Mamerro

damn nice.

i cant break at all but i love that shit.

i only have out for fame west coast and east and midwest finals and FS 5...but thats dope shit.

kujo is nice...but he is werid that way he moves. its dope but odd.

ill get that video, thanks for informing kids about it.

• 5 months later...

SUPERASTROMASSIVE<span style='color:green'>BUMP ERONI!!!!!! </span>

I was the first to post about it, and probably the last to actually get it... GET THIS FUCKING VIDEO NOW. It's so incredibly fucking amazing you will want to shit your pants in manners and ways you have never shit your pants before.

It's exactly what dancing/bboying should be about... true personal expression, free of stupid rules that hinder the progress of the dance. It's just fucking sick. I'm gonna go watch it again, bye. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived