Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

bay area graffiti

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by robotfuckr, Jun 1, 2002.

1. robotfuckr

robotfuckr New Jack

i know this is a real broad subject, being as it differs so much from place to place, and this post mainly concerns sf graf. where's it going? there's a lot less total ups now than, say, in '95 (I was just out, and it just isnt crushed like it was now -- I used to be able to count on walls being killed, even if they'd be buffed soon. No crew is really killing shit. where's it going? maybe i'm just sentimental, but i dont see too much i like out there. shit seems less special than before? Is it the increase in police force, whats-his-name (lol) -- mission is no longer a freebie.
    your thoughts?

2. starv

starv Junior Member

I think graffiti has just went underground for a little while to get rid of the Toy kids that bring to much heat. Also me and mine lay low for weeks and practice this one thing were doing then when we unleash it everyones like "Holy Shit!!!''

3. SkitzoLuni

SkitzoLuni New Jack

HAHAHAHAH, u sound like either a cop or a fuckin major dickrider. Well it dosnt sound like, you are. Why the fuck do you count on other people to make the graff scene in frisco, get off ur dickridin ass and creat the scene, bitch. And mother fucker you say no one is "killing shit" well what the fuck is ur definition of that? Theres tons of new talent in the bay area and of coarse graffiti has changed since 95. What the fuck do u expect you fuckin nark? Your nothin but a stary ass dickridin fag that all the true writers deal with daily but fuck stay off the internet and stay outa FRISKO biotch. Nark ass Sucker.

4. deadlydnut

deadlydnut Guest

more kids are getting more artsyer and worrying about how their peice looks and not how much they're up thats just my veiw, though, and I havent been to frisco in awhile...

5. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

i kno too many kids who are more about the quality of their latest wildstyle than getting up

6. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

Things needed to make SF like it was in '95-

1. Dot com fuckers to go away so there's pits and lots, and no one gives half a fuck as to what things look like. This would go well with an economic downturn.

2. SF to stop allocating so much money and time for graffiti cleanup.

3. More people. Simple fact, there's not as many people that make you say, "Woah, shit...". Don't get me wrong, there's still quite a few, but not as many as '95.

4. Less people on the internet bitching about how times have changed (such as myself), and more people out doing stuff.

7. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

i will continue to whiz on peoples doorsteps in SF...its not graffiti, but its for the cause:D

8. AR-15

AR-15 Guest

if theres no scene make one and if your not going to do anything about it stop complaining

9. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

i run with a small group of kids who are much more about getting ups than turning out a pretty ass full wall... this doesn't seem to be the trend however... these guys get clowned on a good deal because they don't stick with the standard hands and they don't get a lot of "pieces"... however, they absolutely crush most of the people bitching about them when it comes to simple ups... this isn't in SF, but it's close... and the same thing seems to be happening in sf...

10. deadlydnut

deadlydnut Guest

If the crew is serious, you could wipe them out, no one would even know who they were if you just bombed over their peices since they dont get much ups, that shows what really matters...

11. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo Member

In the era that robotfuckr is referring to, people got ups but also managed to do it with some style and individuality. You may not remember because you didn't know what graff was...you and your toy friends from the East Bay. Ups aren't everything, I'll tell you that much. If you don't execute it with style, it's nothing, it's garbage - and what's worse is that is attracts the police and the buff.
    In this era of internet graff, every fucking tag regardless of style is jocked by all these art fag graff worshipers, who take flicks of every fucking thing everywhere and post it on their websites. To prove they are down maybe, I don't know, you tell me - you seem to know alot.

12. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

why don't you all JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP....

thanks.

you want to see really graff?....come to NYC.

13. chester copperpot

chester copperpot Junior Member

ive never lived there, but have gone there occasionally for the last ten years to check shit out and 95 and 96 are probably the worst years i can remember, most of the shit i remember seeing those years were low risk lots, pits, and roofs, and it was mainly out of town art kids doing it ? maybe im wrong. give me 93, or late 97-98.

14. robotfuckr

robotfuckr New Jack

fuckers

yeah look how many posts i gots. i'm not on the net too often -- i dont own a computer. so shut the fuck up. yeah, there's still graf, but it's just all not as fun as it was. i'm not even saying so-and-so and myself arent killing shit, i was just all bummed when i was out and seeing spots that would always be crushed that are all empty now -- just not enough excitement in the sf graf scene that's all.

15. sitka/xxxxx

sitka/xxxxx New Jack

xxxxx

remember when they put thse palm trees in?
    that's when we lost SF....
    (that's was the marker of what was to come...)