Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I had heard some good things about this show, but was always a skeptic, as I never really cared for the old one, and a lot of sci-fi shows just don't cut it for me these days (save for maybe some humourous ones like Lexx).

Well, I was wrong. My friend lent me the mini-series plus the first season on a burnt DVD, and I am in :heartbeat:.

For those of you who enjoyed shows like the short-lived Space: Above and Beyond, I implore you to watch this show.

As cool as the whole storyline is, I have a blast watching the character development. In the mini-series alone, I was surprised that I learned so much about the different characters in such a short time.

So...CHECK IT!!!! I don't know if it is on DVD just yet, though. Check your local listings or download it or something.

2. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

3. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

[​IMG]

boo ya!

yeah i never got into the new series. i think i need to give it a chance i guess.

4. villain

villain Veteran Member

I tried watching this one time...
    I found it to be too much of a space opera...

5. HATEBREEDER

HATEBREEDER Member

6. from the commercials alone i could tell the writing sucks. something about the enemy being able to appear as anyone of the good guys. led to some crappy writing on subjects that have been covered in many sci-fi shows before. they should bring back buck rogers.

7. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

If you'd just watch the miniseries, you'd see how wrong you are about the writing. I'm not sure who the writer is, but he has done a pretty darn good job, in my opinion.

Cylons do have the capabilities of appearing as a human, but it gets more intricate than that in a lot of ways.

I hear that the next season begins airing in July, so people should get on giving this show a try!

8. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Bump because I finally finished season 2.

You all should be checking this show out - from the beginning, though. Get the DVD!

9. hmmmm, nope. I would rather watch Ghost Hunter reruns.

10. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Well, it's become a pretty big hit with viewers and critics for a reason.

They're even launching a spin-off in a few months.

11. What of Ghost Hunters? That would be cool but I cant see a spin off unless they call it Two Dudes that work at RotoRooter and that would be no good.

12. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

Battlestar CALIgula!

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Lucy Lawless (Xena) and Dean Stockwell (the old dude from Quantam Leap) are both in BSG.

14. Unless there is Ghosts and hunting said Ghosts....then I am not in.

15. Spitfire15

Spitfire15 12oz Loyalist

Yea..there was a BSG marathon a few months back and i watched alot of it. The story line is alot deeper then robots fighting humans. There was some deep seeded religous type shit going on..sort of like Halo.