basically i hate nyc

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HESHIANDET

see another reason why i hate the place. i knew when i posted that some "real" ny'r would say something like that. nothing personal to you bro, i like you.

Guest HESHIANDET

truth be told i love the city its self. like the buildings and the neighborhoods and the history. its the fucking people. i hate the people here. everyone thinks they're joe fucking cool and they're the gayest places like nebraska or some shit. its like non stop lieing and fronting....plus all anyone does is talk about themselves or try to make moves and get over to further themselves. sickening

yo HE$H, I'd say avoid areas like park slope and wburg when you feel like this. It'll only perpetuate the situation.

New York is waaaack. It's gotten really boring in the past 5 years.

All these kids who come to NY for school from like wisconsin need to fucking stay at home on their farm and churn their butter. Nahmean.

Kids from Jersey who go to school in Manhattan then claim to be from Brooklyn really piss me off.

BX boro son, lean back.

Guest KING BLING

*RANT*

Yeah when I lived there I lived in Red Hook near Carrol Gardens in Brooklyn. I found the people from the projects and old Italian areas to be open and hospitable. I loved the city. Good food, funny ass stories and never felt like I was out of place.

But the point about out of towners is so true. I was there on my own dime and working check to check 60 hours a week just because I could and I wanted to experience New York. The only way most of the young people that live there afford it is because they don't - there parents cover the bill. And I'm not talking about little sums of money, I was an apartment broker there so I was the one putting up all these out of towners who are going to NY to be artists. And all the Jersey tough guys. And the aspiring models. And all the fresh out of college hot shots. The only kids who go to art school in New York are trust fund babies, this I knew. NOW I can say that unless you're born with an adventurous heart and a solid hustling mind the only reason you're in New York if you weren't born there is your parents money, I'd say 95% of them. Very few are anything else, the cost of living is just too steep. Some might tell there friends something else, but I have seen the parents taxes and checking balances. And that disgusts me, not that you have parents give you everything, but that you act like it's your money that got you there. Be humble, study and excel - don't do coke and party with the Williamsburg trash yuppies (hipsters) on your dead grandfathers money than act like an entitled asshole in your day to day activites...

I miss the pizza...

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@May 29 2005, 04:13 PM

You can always come by flatbush and blaze a forrest

this is the first place i came to(and always go to) when i drove up top this mornin. where the west indians take me in, show me love, let me smoke up their trees with and unlimited heinekens, cook me pilourie with beef patties, and go out there way to spin long, arduous reggae sets for me into the early morning. i usually go no where else.

I'll probably get a ton of hate for this, but these feelings are deeply rooted.

The thing about the city is that people who live there can't stop talking about it. I should clarify. The people who can't stop talking about their beloved city are either artists, hipsters or writers. NYC is so fucking full of itself it's about to explode. It's like bro, I'm glad you're proud of where you live, but to make it a part of your description as a human being is just a step too far. I'm so fucking tired of hearing about how fucking dope you are because you're from the rotten apple. Awesome, bro. Two thumbs up.