Baseball and youth

Weapon X

What's happening? These days, when I talk to kids younger than myself, they all say that they hate baseball. I don't understand. When I was young, I lived for baseball cards, going to games, etc.

Kids these days can't tell you what teams Babe Ruth played for, can't tell you who Ted Williams is, or even Alan Trammel (unless their from Detroit, maybe).

What happened (besides that player lockout a few years back). Do dads take their kids to games anymore?

On that note, I'm off to the shower; gotta get ready for the Jays game. I'm gonna try and get an autographed bat from batting practice.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ctrl+alt+del

i think parents are ruining that shit for their kids. always trying to control everything. i always hated practices.

when i was driving yesterday i saw a game in progress. ever notice how little kids run like chimpanzees?

yeah im from florida and its too fucking hot to stand around in the sun.

i like basketball because its more fast paced, more physical, and more fun.

theres a baseball field near where i live. it must be an all-girl field or something because there is never guys teams playing. anyway, for fun i like to drive by there..wait until the pitcher is about to release the ball..and i honk the fucking horn loud and hold it a second..just to distract the batter. i crack up like none other when i do that, gets me every time! :lol:

Originally posted by mapo returns

anyway, for fun i like to drive by there..wait until the pitcher is about to release the ball..and i honk the fucking horn loud and hold it a second..just to distract the batter. i crack up like none other when i do that, gets me every time! :lol:

I do the same shit to golfers, they get pissed as hell. They react with anger so fast it doesn't even look like they are enjoying themselves out there in the first place. Fucking slobs.

as a kid i loved baseball, and still to this day i watch and play the sport. i used to collect cards and autographs, but that was in the past. i played other sports as well (basketball, hockey, bmx and skate), but none of those things top baseball. maybe people are tired of players crying about money or something. i just enjoy going to the games and screaming my head off till i lose my voice. i've been kicked out of a few games already :D:

weapon x who did you get during bp?

Originally posted by banjo bob

i played little league and came to the conclusion that playing baseball sucks unless you pitch or catch. i did both and it was the only fun i had when i played. all the other positions involve a lot of standing around.

of course it sucked that was little league :lol: . if you kept on playing then you would realize that other positions are good because the kids will actually hit this time. i've played every position except for pitcher, my 2 fav were left field and shortstop

Originally posted by mapo returns

yeah im from florida and its too fucking hot to stand around in the sun.

i like basketball because its more fast paced, more physical, and more fun.

tell me about it.. the heat/humidity sucks. you sweat just going to the mailbox. and i've always hated baseball... the real intelligience is in the basketball... gyms = air conditioned courts kids.

as for collecting cards n shit.

my brothers' and i have tons of cigar boxes full of of sean kemp, charles barkely, Michael jordan, and etc cards. i hope they're worth something. kids of today would just rather play sports on video games...

baseball

theres a baseball field near where i live. it must be an all-girl field or something because there is never guys teams playing. anyway, for fun i like to drive by there..wait until the pitcher is about to release the ball..and i honk the fucking horn loud and hold it a second..just to distract the batter. i crack up like none other when i do that, gets me every time!

I do the same shit to golfers, they get pissed as hell. They react with anger so fast it doesn't even look like they are enjoying themselves out there in the first place. Fucking slobs.

this was funny

my parents tryed to act like they were normal and got me into soccer and baseball as a kid...I was good but I fucking hated it and quited...bmx, I realised was not worth it when I shattered my arm...I guess judo is a sport? that's the only thing relatively close to a sport I can say im doing now..

I cant stand watching sports on TV