bar code graffiti

NeverSleep

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

simply painting a barcode onto a building means absolutely fuck all to me. I don't see what the big hoo-haa is. The idea itself is pretty cool but he should play about with it a bit more. I thought this was about changing barcodes like at the shop when you wanna buy comics worth $10 but only have $8.23 you may steal stickers off cheaper comics to fool the till guy, therefore allowing you buy comics and get change. see?

Originally posted by BASF

simply painting a barcode onto a building means absolutely fuck all to me. I don't see what the big hoo-haa is. The idea itself is pretty cool but he should play about with it a bit more. I thought this was about changing barcodes like at the shop when you wanna buy comics worth $10 but only have $8.23 you may steal stickers off cheaper comics to fool the till guy, therefore allowing you buy comics and get change. see?

if you take a look at the whole thing, theres a section called "science," it pretty much shows you how to make your own barcodes & tells u what each part of it does. it even links you to a site that makes almost any type of barcode for you.

do what you want with that information...

So how would one go about finding out what types of barcodes are used at what stores? There are a number of different types to choose from, and many of them look exactly the same. This could be really, really cool if someone could get it working.

In November 2000, I put this 3 1/2 x 5 foot bar code up on an abandoned building near my house in Savannah, Georgia (on Barnard St. near 37th St.) I worked on this high-tech-tag for about 5 hours in the middle of the day, with no disturbances. This bizarre vandalism simply says, "Scott Blake was here."

I worked on this high-tech-tag for about 5 hours.

"wow"

Originally posted by NeverSleep

if you take a look at the whole thing, theres a section called "science," it pretty much shows you how to make your own barcodes & tells u what each part of it does. it even links you to a site that makes almost any type of barcode for you.

do what you want with that information...

pardon my ignorance. this is much more interesting than i thought

:thumbup:

Originally posted by CAPiTA

So how would one go about finding out what types of barcodes are used at what stores? There are a number of different types to choose from, and many of them look exactly the same. This could be really, really cool if someone could get it working.

if you really want to know, its all about putting in work & doing your research.

BUMP

This is actually pretty interesting. I've incorporated barcodes into my pieces and stickers as well as stencils. I dunno I guess it's just a rebellious reflection of corporate America and their "barcoding" of everything. Plus seeing barcodes on buildings is actually poking fun at the new-age economy. It may also raise questions in the conscious and/or subconscious. Such as seeing an abandoned building as nothing more than a product waiting to be sold. It would be tight to get large fan-base of the barcode as they put it on everything imaginable. Buildings, blank billboards, large skyscrapers... anything.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I found that to be funny as well. 5 Hours? Christ...just stencil it.

nah stenciling is the easy way out. i think the fact that he took so much time to do it by hand & make it right is that much more fresh. it's like saying "damn, it took you 8 years to get can control like that? why don't you just use stencils?" sometimes its not about the easiest way to get job done. plus, he probably doesn't code the same thing in each piece. there's no point in stenciling something if you're never gonna use it again.

Someone should lock that guy in a room with

nothing but paper and empty Bics and have

him draw out all the barcodes for everything

for the rest of eternity...except right when he

gets down with one I run by real quick and

scratch at it and fuck it up real good-like. Then

someone else from Pacific Sunwear walks by

and compliments him on how 'super tite' his

barcodes are looking these days.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Someone should lock that guy in a room with

nothing but paper and empty Bics and have

him draw out all the barcodes for everything

for the rest of eternity...except right when he

gets down with one I run by real quick and

scratch at it and fuck it up real good-like. Then

someone else from Pacific Sunwear walks by

and compliments him on how 'super tite' his

barcodes are looking these days.

i wanna scan it

Originally posted by onesecondple

i wanna scan it

Hmm... there isn't going to be much time for

scanning between my fucking it up and the

douchebag compliment guy, but I think there's

an opening in golfshoe shin-kicking.

Please send a resume to:

Me

666 Elm St.

Mullberry Bush, SM 10101

Thank you for your time.

so say i was to make a barcode for somthing, then print it out: would a reader read from regular inkjet printer ink? and then, how would you go about disabling the barcode on whatever items you would want to steal? would u just cover it up? tape? monkey poo? i wanna try this at K mart. they got one of those self checkout things.

Originally posted by GucciCondom

fake barcode expensive items at stores where you can checkout yourself.

<span style='color:black'>The question i really want to know is "How do those machines differenciate between the various bills. Is it as easy as them reading those little strips that are in the money or what?" If so I will strip every 20 50 and 100 i come across and feed them into the machines taped to notebook paper. Some ones gonna be mighty hot. Then go back and return it at another store later that day for all the money back.

Hmmmm....</span>

Archived