banksy strikes again

mrvesa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by caffeine@May 20 2005, 10:01 AM

How does this guy not get busted?

It's because he never admits to being who he is. I've met him at a gallery he did and i wanted to ask him a couple of things about his technique but he kept saying 'i don't know what you're talking about' whith a wierd grin on his face - the guy was wearing a dress and a father christmas hat i might add.

Come to think of it he was probably just a bum

anyways, the point is that I don't know what I'm saying

i just spent about 20 minutes reading that link and i don't know if it's banksy or the people who wrote that - but someone is a dick

What exactly did banksy do to get them so pissed at him?

yeah i can see the sellout thing, but some of their 'clues' went completely over my head

i was hoping someone else would be able to make sens of it aswell, just. i cant see their main point either. As i said before, ive got mixed opinions about him. fair doo's, some of his stencils are good, but i think the public and the media seem to suck his cock. there are far more creative graffiti writers who are just branded as criminals. also, i dont like how banksy goes over other tags/throwups sometimes.

just my opinion.

Originally posted by El Producto@May 24 2005, 04:04 PM

i was hoping someone else would be able to make sens of it aswell, just. i cant see their main point either. As i said before, ive got mixed opinions about him. fair doo's, some of his stencils are good, but i think the public and the media seem to suck his cock. there are far more creative graffiti writers who are just branded as criminals. also, i dont like how banksy goes over other tags/throwups sometimes.

just my opinion.

for sure - i get the feeling he sees writers as his minions that just create backdrops for him. I own a really nice print by him and his stuff can be excellent, but i see what you are saying. The most impressive thing about him is how prolific he is - i've met at least two people so far who thought that he was a collective rather than an individual

Originally posted by JUSTONE@May 24 2005, 03:44 PM

i just spent about 20 minutes reading that link and i don't know if it's banksy or the people who wrote that - but someone is a dick

What exactly did banksy do to get them so pissed at him?

yeah i can see the sellout thing, but some of their 'clues' went completely over my head

same here, a big piece is missing?

Things are not neccesarily black and white... its not entirely unlikely that Banksy is a bit of a pretentious dick, and its very likely that the guy from the Afflicted Yard site is a total dick. Banksy definitely does some awesome shit though. If you push the limits that much, you can get away with being a bit of a douchebag I suppose.

I read the article... whatever. Grafitti artists are just as ego driven as gallery artists. This shit happens when you are a high profile street artist. I'm sure he was prepared for this. He blurs the line between gallery and streets, and thats a good thing in my opinion.