Bandwagon Jumpers Need to Get Hurt Bad!

Weapon X

I get a text message from a fag I know that says "oh yeah, my Blue Jays are looking good this year."

Cool. They are looking good. Really good. The owner put tons of money into the payroll this year.

Funny thing is, I asked him months ago to name THREE players in ALL OF BASEBALL - PAST OR PRESENT, excluding the few who were in front of congress this year. He said - "Kelly Hrudey" (who was the goalie for the LA Kings in the 90's - he meant Kelly Gruber) and stopped there.

This girl who I thought was a dear friend...well, I'm gonna have to make her check herself. I distinctly remember inviting her out to a ball game two years ago, and her answer was "Baseball sucks." Her current MSN picture is of Roy Halladay.

And this girl I used to go out with, she was a useless vegetarian alcoholic who knows NOTHING about sports (a lot of her friends are the vegan hip hop type or some shit), and everytime I see her on MSN, she's talking about how she loves "da Leafs" and wants to have Tucker's babies.

I hate this city; for real. So many people don't give a fuck about sports, but they pretend to. Motherfuckers giving people like me, who will fight to the death in honour of Tony Fernandez and Willie Upshaw, a bad name.

And if any of you read ESPN Magazine, you should check out Bill Simmons' article in this latest issue. Comparing Boston sports fans to LA sports fans...funny stuff.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I hear you man. It's like here, nobody gave a shit about the Flames a few years ago when they were the worst team ever. Now the suddenly start winning, and we get the "Red Mile", and all this faggy shit. Granted Calgary is a hockey town, and I know a lot of people that were fans even when they sucked, but 90% of the people at the games nowadays couldn't give a fuck a few years ago...

I hear you man. It's like here' date=' nobody gave a shit about the Flames a few years ago when they were the worst team ever. Now the suddenly start winning, and we get the "Red Mile", and all this faggy shit. Granted Calgary is a hockey town, and I know a lot of people that were fans even when they sucked, but 90% of the people at the games nowadays couldn't give a fuck a few years ago...[/quote']

I believe that. Wait until the Flames start charging $165 for semi-decent seats and all those oil company suit and ties buy them all up.

You go to a Leaf game, all the Platinum seats are empty for the first few minutes of the period. They're busy eating shrimp cocktails and discussing business. It makes me feel so bad for the homeless dudes sleeping on top of subway vents with their Leafs toque warming them.

Shit, try having a team like the Bucanneers... NOTHING for 20 years, and I admit I wasn't living here when they first started, I was loving the Saints at that time. No difference in my mind because when I moved here neither of those teams had won anything. So, I just switched teams because they were both bottom of the barrel.

Now, realize that in my life I have only had 3 'teams'... First it was the Steelers, from like '75 - '81 but that was mostly because I liked their uniform and all the other kids were getting Dallas Cowboys stickers from Boog Powell (he owned a marina around my home). Next it was the Saints because where I lived was basically between Atlanta and New Orleans and I just liked NOLA better as a city. Then I moved here, and I explained that.

So, imagine my disgust when, after 10 years of gut wrenching loss and failure. we finally started fielding teams that had a chance AND SUDDENLY the fan base jumped up about %25. Then by the time we finally made it to the bowl suddenly EVERYBODY had some stupid flag in their car window and a sticker on their bumper... and now, just a couple short (and tough) years we're back down around the original+25% fanbase size...

At this point in my life though I only speak with strangers about sports in VERY general terms. I have friends to talk secific with... the rest of the folks just get a smile and a wave...

"Oh yeah, Jax-ville/Atlanta/Minnesota/Whoever has QUITE a team this year, should be a good one..."

Guest nutsonmychin!

49ers TILL I DIE.

our bandwagon has been long since emptied out.

they all jumped over to the Raiders (aka 49er retirement camp)

Then by the time we finally made it to the bowl suddenly EVERYBODY had some stupid flag in their car window and a sticker on their bumper....

I hate those flags that you put on your car windows. Every cunt-fuck here has once since last hockey season. My friend and I would go around and brak them off, strictly on principle.

I went to the bank today and all the tellers were wearing Flames jerseys. I was tempted to ask them if they knew the names of any of the players other than Iginla and Kiprusoff...

Guest nutsonmychin!

im in the O but i dont have a scraper,

i got a BART ticket till i stack more paper

the town, oakland is where i stay

but i stay reppin frisco all damn day

yaddIrrrmien??