Band Of Brothers

Weapon X

I will buy this on DVD when it comes out. Produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.

I know it's old news, and I've seen every episode at least 4 times, but it's an amazing mini-series that I can't imagine ever getting sick of.

Beautifully done, every episode. Lots of violence and gore. Very touching, and very sobering.

http://www.gridlockmag.com/eye/images/hbo_bastogne.jpg'>

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/bandofbrothers/bblogo.jpg'>

http://www.cinesite.com/lo/in_depth/band_of_brothers/images/carenton.jpg'>

http://www.mconstantine.pjww.co.uk/i/bandofbrothers.jpg'>

everything from training, to D-Day, to VE Day. Based on the book by Stephen Ambrose.

Accompanied by a separate film "We Stand Alone Together", a telling documentary featuring interviews from actual veterans from Easy Company 101st Battalion.

The most expensive television movie. I love this movie. Ten hours of great work. Check it out!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, I haven't heard of it coming to DVD yet. I know that it's on the fifth episode on Global (a tv station in Canada), and it's shown weekly. I guess after it does it's stint on free tv, it'll be released on DVD. TMN (the movie network) still shows it from time to time.

for those who don't know, imagine Saving Private Ryan, only a lot better and many hours longer.

Originally posted by krie

i love war movies, i was hooked on Saving Private Ryan :king:

As war movies go that was shit, I mean Tom Hanks playing a part of a soldier get real, dude should stick to other shit..The beach landing is the only decent bit..Apocolypse Now is one of the best war films and the obvious , Platoon , Full Metal Jacket etc..

yeah, Saving Private Ryan wasn't that good except for the first and last big scenes. Band Of Brothers blows that shit right out of the water, I'm telling you.

Platoon was good. Guns Of Navarone - too many to name, actually. Full Metal Jacket is a good movie, but not a good war movie, to me.

Band Of Brothers - best war movie ever made, hands down.

Guest imported_sofarok

they filmed lots if it near where i went to uni, lots of mates are extras, some have speaking parts, sort of. also there's loads of actors in it who are from british tv.

they fil,es saving private ryan and gladiator around the same area, at one pint you could walk round all theese crazy earth work that were part of the first big battle in gladiator....im boring myself now...

I liked Band of Brothers a lot

And I taped every episode. It was a "made for syndication" TV thing, and will absolutely be released as a syndicated series eventually. That's why they have those long, long lead-ins. Commercial breaks.

I liked "Saving Private Ryan", too. It was loosely based on genuine events as well. The law that exists now which prohibits two members of the same family from serving in combat at the same time (the Sole Surviving Son law) came from an incident in which a Navy battleship being sunk that had FIVE brothers (the Sullivan brothers) on it, and all five were killed.

My Dad and three of his brothers were all in various branches of the armed forces during the last part of WWII, but fortunately, none were killed or wounded.

I think that there is a lot of difference between the people that fought WWII and the present generation of young people, but if the shit hit the fan, that this generation would rise to the occasion and do it's duty. It's really a matter of perspective. Today's young people are much more knowledgeable than the WWII generation. But they are no less brave.

I love World War Deuce. And I am watching Band of Brothers and thoroughly enjoying it. My only problemis that it's classic "America takes on the World" shit. I like how the only time there has been any mention of any of the other countries was when they went to save the helpless, stranded British Troops. Great job guys. And where are the black guys that were first to be sent out, and the racism towards other ethnicities??

Still, I'm just a sucker for war movies.......

Well, I guess they didn't want to bring more of the negativity of the war into the movie, as they needed some action and some camradery to go with it. I mean, the movie shows some pretty tough, gruesome shit, it shows some aspects of the whole "war is hell" thing. I suppose the vets are being commemorated in a more glorious tone, rather than in a bad tone. That's proper.

Archived