Baggage thread.

soupBDC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I actually just got a new bag, I was thinking about picking up a messenger, but I don't know, I'd just look fucking goofy rocking it.....so I got this matix joint right hurr, on sale for 30 from 60

60420fh.jpg

all black colorway though, can't stand camo shit, but this sucka goes man, it literally eats stuff, only bag I need for weekend trips, plus you can tuck the straps in and turn it into a side carrier.

I actually just got a new bag, I was thinking about picking up a messenger, but I don't know, I'd just look fucking goofy rocking it.....so I got this matix joint right hurr, on sale for 30 from 60

60420fh.jpg

all black colorway though, can't stand camo shit, but this sucka goes man, it literally eats stuff, only bag I need for weekend trips, plus you can tuck the straps in and turn it into a side carrier.

i have this exact one.. got it for free. but if i had to pay for it, it wouldve been worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...

Mom says every man should have at least one item thas Burberry. I've yet to comply. I got a "build a bag" Timbuk2 gift cert. Seeing as $80 for a messenger bag is some serious shit and a custom bag is non-returnable I went with a regular black bag. Anyone know what I should be expecting?

Anyway I never posted what I use. A twenty year old Jansport hiking backpack, burgundy, hammydown from the father figure. And a kevlar wallet I made outta extra kevlar I was using for a resin mold. (Industrial design stuff) The thing's gotta be six years old now.

Got the "build a bag" bag from timbuk2 today. I'm a little dissappointed. I dunno if it's because I tweaked my back at work today but messenger bags are the most improperly situated bags in the world for bicycle commuting. The fact you can roll it over and put stuff in it without taking the bag off your shoulder seems like a complete gimick in comparison to the ease and shoulder weight distribution of a normal backpack.

If you've got a messenger bag and love it for riding, please put your two-cents-worth in. Maybe i've got it cinched up wrong as well.

That's a burn right there, but I'd say Reload and Chrome are more fashionable than Timbuk 2, what with their fancy belt buckles and artwork. I didn't pick Timbuk2, I got a gift certificate for $100 for xmas. So I can do all the flip flopping of Timbuk2 products I want, but has to be Timbuk2.

I changed my mind. The bag is great for up to 20 lbs. The chest strap keeps it from wiggling and I have no problem taking turns to where I'm leaning completely off the bike so the pedals don't scrape. If you commute to school and have like five classes in one day and need to carry all your books at once, go with a backpack or a bus.

The timbuk2's only flaw as a cycling pack is there's no compartment for my U-lock, which i have to put in the main compartment as it jabs me in the back on rides. If you go with a timbuk2 messenger bag, it looks like the laptop bags have padding for your back, which may be good for bike locks. I end up locking it around the strap or through a pant belt loop where it's usually fine, but a place for it to be away from my back would be nice. I just realized too it's got a nice little spot for a taillight right above the logo on the bottom center, which is damn useful. You gotta get a shoulder strap pad too. That strap digs into you.

In all I'm actually happy with the bag.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For bombing I rock an olive green and black Jansport back from the middle school days. For loafing around campus I got a grey and red TransNine backpack from when I used to skateboard. I got some cheap messenger bag too but don't use it anymore. Also unless I'm carrying a lot of paint, I've just been using grocery bags lately.