bad brands/ colors

jah

im sick of buying shitty colors that dripp like mad or have crazy overspray or the lines are totally transparent or blochy...... so i thought everyone could list brands / colors of paint they knew were shitty. also, brands / colors that wont work over eachother. some paint just wont coat over other paint. some premium decor wont go over krylon and vice versa.

heres a few

1. belton: white - dripps like crazy (at least for me today)

2. kyrlon gloss: cherry red, royal blue, sun yellow, pumpkin orange? white, black.

3. premium decor: powder white (dope color)- overspray

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah,sun yellow is useless and it took a full can of pumpkin orange for one letter that really wasn't all that huge..last time I ever used it.-Violet also sucks.....don't know about Belton-never used it before.I have had good luck with Red Devil lately.

all colors will work under the right circumstances. that popsicle orange will work like a champion over a yellow/orange/red background. violet over a baby blue background...etc etc. if you plan ahead a little bit youd be surprised what you can do with shitty paint. dont rule them out, use them in the right situations.

on a semi related note, be careful of grape satin krylon. it will tint lighter colors sprayed over it. your white cuts just might turn out to be pink.

Guest wakassOATH

krylon hunter green is the best paint on the planet im so glad those geniouses at krylon decided to get rid of terrocotaa and stick with huntergreen :rolleyes:

Guest SilpherGirl

which is the best store that has the most selection of paints? i went to walmart the other day and they didn't even have krylon or belton.. just some other brands i dunno of. do u think revy or home depot will have some? btw i live in canada. anyone can help me out?

Would everyone on this thread (except beardo who has the knowhow and patience to do otherwise) please switch to Rustoleum products. All complaints about watery, thin, not cutting, etc. will magically vanish. (And be replaced by "what's with that stutter when you first depress the cap".)

Originally posted by SilpherGirl

which is the best store that has the most selection of paints? i went to walmart the other day and they didn't even have krylon or belton.. just some other brands i dunno of. do u think revy or home depot will have some? btw i live in canada. anyone can help me out?

I certainly like Hobby Lobby's selection of Krylon.

Originally posted by SilpherGirl

walmart wont have bleton because its a german brand of paint that is usually only found in america in stores specifically for writers (at least in my experiences). i dont know if its the cold or ive been using the wrong belton colors but they all seem a little watery to me. theres dope colors tho. as far as cracked ass's comment... that would greatly reduce the selection of colors available. ive never used a rusto that was watery or had much overspray but ive never found it great for outlines or shells. i usually stick to fills with rusto. it covers good. montana is dope. solid, thin, lies, dope color selection.... i have had some drips but i again i dotn know if its from the cold or what...

Guest montanaman

pt or rustoleums ....are good paint but theres not much of a color selection and trust me with montanas u dont have that problem over 89 colors and the gloss black it looks like a mirror when ur done with it trust me its an all good paint regardless of the prices.. im sure u guys pay arond five bones for some of those canz ... u guys are hating ... cause i seen the mom and pops stores they tax fo sure...invest a bit in montanas and all ur problems will go away... and u might still be able to use pt once in a while for a fill or for bombin... and yes those beltonz are watery there practicly made for detailing they do have a wide selesction of colors too.... but there basicly made for canvases and more of detailing with the tips are supper thin and the paint is actually thinner... the impression i got fom montana was like i was using the old skool can of krylon and red devil cause its thick and it dryes in minutes and it wont lose the pigment in the sun... they work great in all the weathers too...

Guest professor poopatronic

for all you would-be valspar users here's the colors i've used that were shitty-

satin black

aztec clay

daffodil

thats about it i think the rest have been really good

when they were still in the northeast (are they anywhere now?), Pergament used to sell a brand called Rollakote. 99 cent jammies in two tone blue cans..black and white only. no matter what you did, how you handled it, or who you prayed to, it would drip no matter what. amazing really.

uhh, i'm starting to wonder how i got over with krylon for years now that metal is the medium of choice... oh yeah, krylon was actually less watery once. try to get epoxies and polyurethanes.

rusto is darn good paint, the only problem is the only caps I've been able to use on these rusto cans are german outlines and rusto fats. montana stocks work too. does anyone else have problams with caps not working on rusto ? I tried a german jumbo and almost cried, it ran all over my new kicks....

......MAKES ME LAUGH.......

...............ALL THESE COMPLAINTS............ the solution is MONTANA PAINT! Yeah it's a pain in the ass to get but your stress goes away. Yellows over WHATEVER.... whites that have mad control. Any montana color goes on thick and I'll be dahmed if I can get it to drip. Anyway, we sell it. Get some. Get one free can of Montana with every order through February.

(Krylon flatball terocatta and ultra flat black is still king for bombing though. Glad I got 200+ cans of the old school, but it will suck when it runs out)

Lates

CAPS................ had the struggle , then I found the grail of paint.

http://sprapex.com

Montana paint and stuff DIRT CHEAP

Yo CAPS , your continual marketing scheme is getting annoying , yes we all know you sell montana , whoo hoo , but this isnt an advertisement board..........if you wanna drop the ads and just contribute to the forum then fine , but please dont use everyone of your posts to hype your own site

Archived