Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

bad brands/ colors

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by jah, Feb 2, 2002.

1. jah

jah Elite Member

im sick of buying shitty colors that dripp like mad or have crazy overspray or the lines are totally transparent or blochy...... so i thought everyone could list brands / colors of paint they knew were shitty. also, brands / colors that wont work over eachother. some paint just wont coat over other paint. some premium decor wont go over krylon and vice versa.

heres a few
    1. belton: white - dripps like crazy (at least for me today)
    2. kyrlon gloss: cherry red, royal blue, sun yellow, pumpkin orange? white, black.
    3. premium decor: powder white (dope color)- overspray

2. 455

455 Guest

yeah,sun yellow is useless and it took a full can of pumpkin orange for one letter that really wasn't all that huge..last time I ever used it.-Violet also sucks.....don't know about Belton-never used it before.I have had good luck with Red Devil lately.

3. beardo

beardo Guest

all colors will work under the right circumstances. that popsicle orange will work like a champion over a yellow/orange/red background. violet over a baby blue background...etc etc. if you plan ahead a little bit youd be surprised what you can do with shitty paint. dont rule them out, use them in the right situations.

on a semi related note, be careful of grape satin krylon. it will tint lighter colors sprayed over it. your white cuts just might turn out to be pink.

4. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

which can be used to your advantage.

5. miz303

miz303 Banned

the other day we used purple for the buff paint and then used pistachio for one of the letters and it came out green.....

6. Spoter

Spoter Senior Member

satin grape is crap regardless.it'll turn to teal green after a while.trust me.the color in general is not a good grape.it's too grayish.try american accents grape if you can find it.

7. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

krylon hunter green is the best paint on the planet im so glad those geniouses at krylon decided to get rid of terrocotaa and stick with huntergreen :rolleyes:

8. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

huntergreen is definetly a keeper, i love how clean and solid it fills pieces, but id have to say AA summer squash has had the most overspray on my pieces than any color ive ever used, also it always ends up clogging my caps

9. sound

sound New Jack

it seems like when i mix two shitty paints (like walmart colorplace) then I get better colors and better paint that goes on smooth.

10. SilpherGirl

SilpherGirl Guest

which is the best store that has the most selection of paints? i went to walmart the other day and they didn't even have krylon or belton.. just some other brands i dunno of. do u think revy or home depot will have some? btw i live in canada. anyone can help me out?

11. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Would everyone on this thread (except beardo who has the knowhow and patience to do otherwise) please switch to Rustoleum products. All complaints about watery, thin, not cutting, etc. will magically vanish. (And be replaced by "what's with that stutter when you first depress the cap".)

12. sound

sound New Jack

I certainly like Hobby Lobby's selection of Krylon.

13. pinchecabron

pinchecabron Guest

sun yellow(krylon)pumpkin orange(krylon)stone grey(krylon)hierloom white(amerikan accents)..i refuse to use these colors!!

14. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i use whatever i can get and try to make the best outta it , but gloss black and white suck in every brand , silver is good in almost every brand

15. jah

jah Elite Member

walmart wont have bleton because its a german brand of paint that is usually only found in america in stores specifically for writers (at least in my experiences). i dont know if its the cold or ive been using the wrong belton colors but they all seem a little watery to me. theres dope colors tho. as far as cracked ass's comment... that would greatly reduce the selection of colors available. ive never used a rusto that was watery or had much overspray but ive never found it great for outlines or shells. i usually stick to fills with rusto. it covers good. montana is dope. solid, thin, lies, dope color selection.... i have had some drips but i again i dotn know if its from the cold or what...