BAD BRAINS

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mr_president

bad brains is better than no brains, and getting new brains is better than getting brains, unless its some really good brains...

:lol:

haha. i have to admit when i saw the title of this thread. i thought of you.

• 4 years later...
Just saw Bad Brains last night, one of the single most goofiest performances ever. Dude's on crack.

They played with:

bollweevils

dillenger 4

and mother fucking SLUGWORTH, First time they've played since 2001

wow, that bad? I saw them (soul brains) in 2003 in D.C., one of the best shows I've ever been to, hands down. They alternated between their reggae and hardcore songs, so good.

Oh no... no, no, no, no. No you didn't. No you did not just give Minor fucking Threat more cred than Bad Brains. Minor Threat is by far one of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Not to mention having to listen to Fugazi on more than one occassion because friends loved that shit. That whole deal is horrible. I'd rather listen to midgets clapping the theme to Dallas with their feet for hours than have to stomach one note of anything Ian MacKaye put time into.

Maybe I'm biased having lived in DC during that time and going to those shows... who knows, but I cannot stand by and let you make such statements without standing up.

Fuckin' Minor Threat is better than Bad Brains... christ... you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 1

Guest shai_hulud

This fall has been good for shows in SF.

I heard the original Bad Brains lineup was playing, and was bummed I missed it. Then SUNN0))) and Weedeater played, then Flipper, followed by Boris, then Crime. Arrgghh...I either have other plans or no money whenever the good shit happens.

I heard the Bad Brains weren't all that great. The other shows killed it, though. They are a great band, but I think they are past their prime.

Fishbone is playing here in Berkeley next week, but I doubt I'm going to go. It's in a basement and the cover's $20.

Oh no... no, no, no, no. No you didn't. No you did not just give Minor fucking Threat more cred than Bad Brains. Minor Threat is by far one of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Not to mention having to listen to Fugazi on more than one occassion because friends loved that shit. That whole deal is horrible. I'd rather listen to midgets clapping the theme to Dallas with their feet for hours than have to stomach one note of anything Ian MacKaye put time into.

Maybe I'm biased having lived in DC during that time and going to those shows... who knows, but I cannot stand by and let you make such statements without standing up.

Fuckin' Minor Threat is better than Bad Brains... christ... you should be ashamed of yourself.

^^To each their own. I understand where you're coming from and I in no way intended to imply that I did not like Bad Brains. I'm just stating my opinion (despite the fact that I did not grow up in/experience this era/have the privilege of seeing either band play live)

p.s. not ashamed of myself. I can't understand why you think so poorly of Ian MacKaye. Explain?