Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bad Brains

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Cracked Ass, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

OK, they get mentioned enough in other threads, it's obvious that people know, it's time they had their own thread, the BAD BRAINS, quite possibly the best band to ever rattle the earth.
    Many subtopics suggest themselves, so expound on those that stir you most.
    DR. KNOW owns all of you, and has since the late seventies.
    BLACK DOTS seems to have been slept on, even by some friends of mine who otherwise know what's up. This is their first real recording session, complete with tuning noise and chatter between songs, and a couple of numbers I haven't seen on any other album (Redbone in the City, Another Damn Song, Send You No Flowers). In fact I slept on this release for nearly a year, assuming it was a greatest hits-type rehash with 2 new songs from the God of Love time frame. I was mistaken.
    Perhaps an even more dedicated follower can fill the gaps in my discology, if any. I am aware of the following recordings:
    Black Dots
    Omega Sessions
    The self-titled, best punk album ever made which begins with "Sailin' On"
    Rock for Light
    The Youth Are Getting Restless
    Another live album I can't find among my tapes (what is it called?)
    I Against I
    Quickness
    Rise
    God of Love
    ?????????
    Obviously "Rise" is hard for the real fans to regard with any enthusiasm: no HR, cheesy computer art cover, cheesy ballad. But because I worship Dr. Know I find myself listening to this thing once in a while, just to hear his contribution, and I must say the riff to the title track is immensely fun to play on the guitar.
    To close your doors...
    So soon no more...
    My, my
    I let you down...
    Upon the ground...

2. deznatori

deznatori Veteran Member

Why is there only one reply? I remember being in like 7th grade and hearing them for the first time. I was just kinda like huh. Why haven't I listened to this before? When Omega Sessinons first came out it stayed in my cd player for awhile. I refuse to listen to anything without HR.

3. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

these guys are in the permanent top 5 for me. HR's vocal range is just silly and the guitar and bass licks are like listening to coffee. pure tear shit up punk rock at it's finest. i'm much more a fan of the older stuff before they made that metal conversion. bring on BIG TAKEOVER and BANNED IN DC anyday.

4. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

bad brains= badass!!

5. EL MASKO

EL MASKO Elite Member

Yes indeed, Bad Brains is one of the best.

6. Are2

Are2 Guest

..a piece of wisdom..
    from our hearts!!!

bad brains rule

i saw em at 12 (!i feel old!)
    at a small spot downtown..it was supposed to be their "last show"

7. BIG T

BIG T Member

never got to see them when HR was in, but i caught their return to DC show a few years back----always on of my favorites!!!!!!:king:

8. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

i caught them in nyc over the summer. they didn't go all out but it was dope nonetheless.

9. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

10. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

Bad Brains, deffinetly worthy of their own thread. One of my favorites.

"Don't care what they may say we got that attitude. Don't care what they may do we got that attitude. Hey we got that PMA..."

11. jah

jah Elite Member

this bitch gave me bad brains the other night.

12. mopius

mopius Guest

13. THE LAW

THE LAW Guest

ROIR Sessions also.

recognize.

14. NumbNuts

NumbNuts New Jack

Cracked Ass,have you heard HR's solo project-Human Rights?It's good,albeit a little bizarre...Pay to Cum-that song gets me fucking pumped.Bad Brains will be the soundtrack to governments being toppled.
    "Leaving this Babylon,Leaving this Babylon,Will not be too long..."

15. eros

eros Senior Member

bad brains are incredible, "Quickness" is not