Backpacking across Australia

WISE

I leave in about two hours.

I will fly into Sydney, stay with there a week or two, and then two months later I catch a plane back home out of Sydney.

What happens in the middle is still very wide open.

What are some cool towns to check out?

I plan on hitting most of the big cities on the Eastern side of the country.

Know any cool spots in any of those cities?

I literally have no plan, so I'm game for anything - tourist stuff, bars, muesums, skate parks, secluded beaches, ski resorts, universities, anything that might lead to a fun time.

next time I check this I'll be half way around the world, wish me luck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by WISE

I leave in about two hours.

I will fly into Sydney, stay with there a week or two, and then two months later I catch a plane back home out of Sydney.

What happens in the middle is still very wide open.

What are some cool towns to check out?

I plan on hitting most of the big cities on the Eastern side of the country.

Know any cool spots in any of those cities?

I literally have no plan, so I'm game for anything - tourist stuff, bars, muesums, skate parks, secluded beaches, ski resorts, universities, anything that might lead to a fun time.

next time I check this I'll be half way around the world, wish me luck.

Email me. ded_end@hotmail.com.

in my opinion sydney sux brisbane alright but kinda boring melbournes alright to and thats were i would go to get out to ski resorts.

for skate parks there every were visit http://www.skateboard.com.au/ they have ratings and pictures for just about every skate park in the country. theres good bars clubs in every city it just depends what your into.seclueded beaches everwere aswell but i would make sure to visit the goldcoast before i left the country.but as for universities we dont have ones like other countries over here there more like schools for adults an noone lives on them im dorms or anything like that.anyway im sure youll have fun.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

come down to melbourne and gimme a holler. we'll get drunk and i'll steal your clothes and duct tape you to a street light

Hey, quit sharking in on my plans. Why do you think i left my email addy.

I'll split his shit 50-50 with you.

Bob - thanks for all the info, I'll be sure to check those spots out. that's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.

So far Sydney is cool.

I've only been here for half a day and have already been to the NSW art museum and walked around downtown, went through hyde park and the gardens...saw a bunch of big ass bats.

I was really expecting more of a culture shock. Sydney reminds me of a mix between NYC and San Diego, it doesn't feel very foreign. Maybe some of the other cities will. Also the sound that the crosswalk makes when you're allowed to walk sounds like an 80s bboy beat, it pretty dope.

I plan on hitting up Canberra, Melbourne, Adelade, Alice Springs, Queenslade, fraser island, etc.. working my way back down to sydney.

I'll make posts along the way, and hopefully if I can figure out how to do it post flicks.

Bro in addition to the two words chinatown I must add BBQ KING restaurant to that It's in chinatown open till 3am (fuck I should get money off them for advertising)Paintwise Isenbergs is your option but avoid the younger aussie guy who doesn't paint but feels free to be a smart arse about your colour choices. Post some flicks of what you see I haven't been home in 18 months!:P

Haha, yeah I heard about that.

Also I got to disagree with White, I don't mind Canberra... the general consensus is it's a hole. But I find it kind of quaint and relaxing...

Edit** If you were to bar any of those cities my personal suggestion would be Adelaide .. now that place is a fucking hole.

Yeah thats very much the impression I got.

You guys have some nice girls there though. It seems everywhere I go people are easier going than they are here.

**edit missed words.. this is what happens when I get 4 hours sleep for a 48 hr period .... boo-urns