back to basics

flik

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hello Flik, yes i have some advice. if you live in a city, great, tag your block/ area to hell, then the surrounding blocks. then make friends with writers in your area by going down to the legal wal once or twice. dont be cocky and always respect them. get them o helop you out with throw styles and piece styles. dub (throwup) your whole block and surrounding blocks. then go down to the legal wall again and do about 5 pieces over the course of a few months. so people know you're serious. you ARE a toy until experienced people ask to paint with you, which will be at least 2 years. then once that has happened, go and paint trains. find the yard, and i would recomend going with someone, alone is risky. i havent painted them, but i've heard. i've been painting for almost a yea now, and i am still hated in my area as a toy, despite there being people who are worse than me with more respect. i think i've had it the hard way, so for you make sure you dont ask cocky questions or say arrogant things either. thats the main ppoint. also, dont tag over peoples stuff, until you are sure you could burn them. dont tag productions, and get used to people not beliving you if you say you didnt tag their productions, even if you really havent, that happened to me. anyway enjoy and see you in a year when you are good. x

sorry i forgto to mention. caps you get fats, mediums, softs, skinnys and super skinnys.

fats- up to about 10 fingers wide, good for throwie fills or big tags

medims- i use these for piece fill ins as they are small enough to be accurate and fat enough to cover a good area

softs- low pressure

skinnies- a thing line, you can usually hold these about and inche from the surface with out it dripping, about 2-3 fingers thick.

super skinnies- for extreme detail, 1 finger thick, use for piece detail. low pressure.

INKS- put them into flow pens or big mops, can be thinned for extra drips. dont use the shit in "paint markers" they dont stain,, but the marker it self can be emptied and used to put ink in. make sure you get a good width of pen. 1inch is usually the standard.

corio-good very staining but can be buffed, drippy.

nero d'inferno- difficult to buff, messy, drippy.

On the run- very staining, hard to buff but not too drippy.

i'd recomend those.

i dont use stickers, fucks sake, use a marker and tag shit, no one usualy cares, i live out of the city so have to do most of my city tagging during the day, no one cares. the most you might get is a "what the fack are you doing you piece of shit" or similar, but i think stickers are pointless. and for the love of god dont get hyped about putting a sticker up, literally you can take your time, its hardly an offnse. and for gods sake dont tag your shool, if you still go to one.

He pretty much layed it out, but I think that you should truly try not to be cocky I am still a toy and I face similar situation where I paint better than lots of people here who have more respect than me just cause theyve painted longer so dont try and rush it with time you'll get better learn technique and how to add your own style, when i first started drawing I would try and draw tooo wild for my skill and it ended up looking like $hit try simple block letters till you get the hang of it then add your own style dont expect to be great after a week or two it takes time dude piz

thanx for the help much apretiated an di live in a small town calle dluton in the UK and there are no graffiti artist who take graf seriously and does any1 know anywere were i can get caps for my spary? and how do i know if the spray is a good spray

and oops i kinda tagged my schl a lil 2day only little pices on the p.e shed and one on a lil window nuthin to serious and should i stick with teh same name "flick" as i cnat think of any good techniges to do with that name