back. on. the map.

Mr. Mang

not yet. the site will take at least another month to be completed. til then feel free to browse through some images at : http://jilbert.punkinatcha.com/images

below are the newest ones. you see them first because i <3 u chillydawg.

http://jilbert.punkinatcha.com/images/social/amdream.jpg'>

http://jilbert.punkinatcha.com/images/hoodmask/helpinghand.jpg'>

http://jilbert.punkinatcha.com/images/handi/wheelmurder.jpg'>

http://jilbert.punkinatcha.com/images/else/amchinese.jpg'>

http://jilbert.punkinatcha.com/images/cats/snaggle.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

YOU'RE EITHER...

...a total genius that can transform its brain activities into the ones of a three year old and copy his drawing style perfectly and I'm just to dumb to understand your genius OR you are in fact a three year old because that stuff looks like shit and you're trying to make us believe it's art.:mad:

Re: YOU'RE EITHER...

Originally posted by KRAUT

...a total genius that can transform its brain activities into the ones of a three year old and copy his drawing style perfectly and I'm just to dumb to understand your genius OR you are in fact a three year old because that stuff looks like shit and you're trying to make us believe it's art.:mad:

I'm going with genius.

Re: YOU'RE EITHER...

Originally posted by KRAUT

it's me taking a pen and marker to paper. nothing less and nothing more. i could care less if it's "art" by whoever's standards. cheap shots on message boards don't change anything though.

Hey Mang I both like and dislike your stuff. I commend you for one becuase your actualy saying something, as a opposed to many writters who haven't advanced graf and are to self involved with getting their name up to think outside the box. I know some would say that just that act of graffiti itself is thinking outside the box, but graffiti has become a trend and some writters are just trendy rather then trend setters. I wish I could read the writting, I feel like I miss a lot of what your saying as a result, although this may be your intent. The image of the man in the wheel chair with the Ak is fucking genious, a cripped nation, or people who feels the only way to deal with the problems it has been directly involved in creating is to just shoot back. Of course a man in a wheel chair is still a sitting duck no matter how many rounds he pumps off. (this is what I got from it). I will say though that with your art at times does look as if you are trying to draw and create images that are simplistic and child like, which is cool the thing is the child artist does this because it doesn't know or care about anything but pure expression, while the adult artisit can get caute up in how it looks, and what the audience will think. ALso sometimes your coloring is more advanced then the outlines and seems give it away (your process I mean) Of coures maybe I'm misreading your work and you have been able to completely seperate yourself and just not give a fuck, either way props to you.

ain't got time to be tired cause the tired move to slow

ain't got time to be tired cause we've got a long long way to go

yeah I mean the messages are okay and funny sometimes but man why are you drawing kindergarten style???

cheap shots on message boards don't change anything though.

and what are you trying to tell me? I've posted pics:confused:

Guest -MOE LESTER-

haah mr mangs sketches rock...all you fucking haters cant fade that shit.....retards in wheelchairs shooting AK-47s...damn thats cool

Guest RaiD

mang no offense to your art work at all .... infact i like it alot but do you actually draw graffiti?

i'm not even going to say i used to. i tried it a few times and realized it just wasn't me. no use trying to front like i was really into it.

i might, however, do some similar activites (wheatpasting, stickers,etc.) which can neither be confirmed nor denied.

thanks to all for the input and comments from everyone. it's great to see others' interpretations.

Guest euthana5ia
KRAUT ...a total genius that can transform its brain activities into the ones of a three year old and copy his drawing style perfectly and I'm just to dumb to understand your genius OR you are in fact a three year old because that stuff looks like shit and you're trying to make us believe it's art.

you have extemely limited thinking...that is one of the worst qualties someone could have i think....

they are good but i think using the flag and cross is overused symbolism...i like the other ones more.

Guest eleven17

picasso....used his life to try and draw like a little kid........haha..... and mr mang makes it look so easy...fuckin nice shit man....peace cry81

Guest Agt. Adopus

Alright. Here is how I see it. Mang is posting his stuff to show the mind that was put into it. Not to show how he could draw clean lines, or fill in good. He is stepping away from the status-quo that most writers are put in. Most writers here are so limited in this way of closed minded thinking were if it is not "abstract" or "wildstyle" it's not "art". But really what gives any one the gull to view things with aesthetics and decide what is art and what is not. I personaly love Jilberts art. I find it amazing how he sits down and says forget the status quo, forget aesthetics. I'm going to draw what I want to draw, because it feels good. I'm going to use my creativness and draw things that some people cannot even comprehend. So next time you want to make a rude comment about his stuff. Compare it to yours and see what is more advanced and what is more creative.

Archived