B-More Heads

Guest Jive Turkey

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Jive Turkey

Hey Mamerro, have you heard of Deadly Venoms Crew (baltimore) or Natural Elements (DC)? hope I'm not out of line here, but are you from the west coast?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yeah, I know about both of them. I talk to Deesko, the house DJ from NEC quite often, too.

And no, I'm not from the west coast, although a lot of people seem to think I am, hehe. Are you from the Jive Turkeys in Texas? Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest Jive Turkey

Nah, I dont know a ton about different crews, never heard of the Jive Turkeys. Are they the guys from Texas that rock the Marilyn Manson/Punk rock look I've been hearin about? I DJ for DVC so I know alot of the cats in NEC. Yeah Rob is a cool mofo, he said their record was doin pretty good, but I haven't heard it yet, have you? Do you mind me askin what crew you're in?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I know Jive Turkeys are an unorthodox crew, but I'm not sure if they're rocking the glam style... you might be thinking of Slick on the Monkey Bars, Sour Patch Kids, or Floorgazms. Don't think any of em are from Texas though.

I haven't heard Deesko's newest mixes, I still have to get back at him with my addy so he can send it, but I do have a couple of his older tapes, they're fucking SICK.

I'm not in any crew in particular, I practice and hang out with GroundFX crew in RI. Were you at Breaker's Delight 3? Are you gonna be at the next one? Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest Jive Turkey

Deeskos record selection is crucial. I was talkin about him and Vortex producing tracks under "The Right on Brothers".

GroundFX is pretty bigtime right, I've heard of them. RI is bangin, I had to go to Newport for work a couple months ago, I love it up there.

Nah, I dont make it to too many of the contests, In fact I missed out on the RSC Party, and our boy Poly won the MC Contest, he's gonna be huge. If you know Shogun, Loko, and Kato, you should check out some of the tracks we did here . Dont joke on them too hard though, they are a couple of years old, and the first beats I really made. I was goin through my "underground-the only way to be cool is to be experimental- even though I dont really know what the fuck I'm doin" stage. But fuck it, you grow and you learn, and I'm glad they are atleast good for a laugh.

these are the first references to breaking i've seen on 12oz. i've been writing for 12-13 years and breaking for almost 10. i'd give breaking up for writing of course, i'll always be a graff nut, but it's nice to hear about you guys breaking. i knew some of ya'll did, mandatory, but it just hadn't come up yet.

jive turkeys is un-orthodox for sure, but they definitely don't goth out. i'd rely on mammero's info in that one. jive turkey's style reminds me of the headhunters, similiar in a lotta ways. i pretty much have never been to a breakin function in the east coast, just dirty south and the left coast.

i wonder who else breaks on 12oz?i wonder if i'm the fossil of the bunch?

Archived