Avoid a Paper Thread

cultural me

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^That's weird, I just wrote a paper dealing with similar:

Two nights ago I had to write a persuasive paper explaining my position on the expansion of the bilingual education program in a hypothetical city with references to 4 New York Times articles and one online article. The second part of the essay was explaining why assimilation is necessary and what role education plays in the functioning of a progressive society.

Needless to say I pulled an all-nighter and cranked out 6 pages of solid gold. I'd like to thank Marlboro, Mt. Dew and Foldiers Coffee.

The thing with college is that it is much more than just a way to get a good job and an edge over other people when being considered for a well-paying position....although that is one of my motivators for going.

Unlike your town or city where you stick to your groups and cliques, you're suddenly surrounded by people you would never even dream associating with much less talking to or spending 1-2 hours in a lecture hall with. At first you think "Man, fuck these people, they don't know a thing about me and the streets and battle with so and so from so and so crew...."

But that's not the case. Unless you're a narrow minded dumbass, you come to appreciate the diversity of lifestyles, attitudes, viewpoints, ideas, etc... all these different people have to offer. Of course you'll reject some of these things but you'd be suprised at the new perspectives that you come to develop. Your mind begins to expand and grow past your old boundaries and suddenly....wow, i am looking at things in a new light! As a result, you become smarter, more aware of the world and you feel.....well....elite. Your brain grows from college...no joke. my problem solving and anlytical skills got so much better as a result.

That and there's all kinds of discounts you can get for being a college student, there's all kinds of hot girls running around, bad ass parties (You'd be suprised at how much fun jocks are to party wit), you interact with professors that know a lot about the world, establish good contacts, networking out the ass, job assistance, etc....

I'm not saying this experience applies to everyone....some folks I know went to college and hated it. But don't knock it until you've given it a chance.

Word, I'm with stupid. I just got done sitting with 6 people i would never give a fucking thought about before. it's tight, and you get to write shit on what you care about and learn the shit that each person has in them where you go "oh shit, im actully really interested in this and would like to take a look at it instead of smoking alot of herb (which still happens) and talking about doing shit."

thats at least my personal account. of course there are other influences that may waver my opinion some. but all in all, thats the goal. so tip your forties and go to class.