1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Autoracks

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by metaljockey, Aug 13, 2002.

1. metaljockey

metaljockey 12oz Junior Member

Autoracks

Discussion started by metaljockey - Aug 13, 2002

How many people out there have cuaght stamped or bottom-buffed autoracks? Just wondering.

metaljockey - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ski Mask - Replied Aug 13, 2002

I see lots of numbers on the bottom stamped over pannels. But I dont ever see buff on the holed pannels themselves. I think if they want it gone completely they just replace the pannels and buff the frame, then you never know it was there. seldom do they paint it and leave a big buff cube to let you know.

Ski Mask - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. schick1

schick1 Guest

schick1 - Replied Aug 13, 2002

what i dont get about autoracks is if they hold cars doesn't the paint go through the holes and get on the cars? it seems like this would be a problem for them right? or do they not cary automobiles? round here we call em holy rollers. im not cunfused am i?

4. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

Fox Mulder - Replied Aug 13, 2002

if you paint them when they are loaded then yes, the cars do get paint on them.

Fox Mulder - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

iloveboxcars - Replied Aug 13, 2002

and thats why you dont paint the lines with cars in them.

iloveboxcars - Rank: 12oz Royalty - Messages:
  6. postaholic

postaholic Guest

postaholic - Replied Aug 13, 2002

thats gotta be hard to see tha cars in tha darkness.. it would suck balls to get caught painting them shits and then find out your paint got on all tha cars and they just happened to be tha new line of 2003 lexus's...

:lol:

7. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars - Replied Aug 13, 2002

actually.. its pretty easy to see the cars inside the..cars.. there is always some kind of light source on the outside.. just look inside from different angles.. its really easy to see the cars.

8. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Aug 13, 2002

it would suck to buy a car and find paint specs alll over it

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  9. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

TrustEvil - Replied Aug 14, 2002

painted loaded autoraks is tricky, and not recommended....it brings more heat to the spot sometimes and let's just say if you get caught throwing down on some full autoraks, you aren't walking away with a small fine or a slap on the wrist.

10. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied Aug 14, 2002

...a lot of the time the cars are shipped covered in plastic to protect the paint jobs from dirt and debris from the train and also from spraypaint...this is not always the case however and i believe from what i heard it fluctuates regionally...i only paint empty racks though...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars - Replied Aug 14, 2002

my auto racks only have the necessary plastic on them.. (the white stuff over the top and acouple other places) its never fully covered. but yea, just stay off of filled autoracks.

12. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars - Replied Aug 14, 2002

i meant the cars in the autoracks, not the autoracks themselves.

13. canfucker

canfucker 12oz Junior Member

canfucker - Replied Aug 15, 2002

I wondered that for a LONG time but i never asked because i haven't ever seen one in real life yet.

canfucker - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  14. metaljockey

metaljockey 12oz Junior Member

metaljockey - Replied Aug 15, 2002

My question was actually askin if anyone ever sees these things painted, but the bottom is switched or buffed out. Makes a big difference when tryin to decide to either squish your train onto the hole part, or just sayin fuck it and going to the bottom.

But stickin to the discussion, paintin hollyrollers with cars in em is a fat burn. For one, it makes the car comps pissed off as hell, and second, autoracks with cars usually always are accompanied by a bull if they are layed up. I once had to duck out for a few hours till the bull left to cut out of the yard.

metaljockey - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

TrustEvil - Replied Aug 15, 2002

...you're taking a chance painting any fr8...they can potentially suffer the same buffing fate...but keep in mind that autoraks are on a pool-system, (much like wheaties and some reefers) which means they are carried by every and any RR Co. at any given time and are ususally in high demand since they are a priority car, so they often don't get pulled into the shop unless it's for essential repairs.