Automatic or Stick

Guest FUGITIVE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FUGITIVE

cmon help me out here....im getting a car and i dont know what to get, i know how to drive both but some people tell me to get auto cuz its easier in traffic and some people tell me to get Stick cuz its faster and more fun driving, but i live in a city and i was thinking ill probably get tired of shifting but i cant decide.......

Get a car with a stickshift then......they are fun to drive even if you have some piece of shit Datsun B-210....you actually get the feel more in control of the car. They are good in the snow and if you get stuck or whatever. They suck in heavy traffic.

stick is the better of the two

Originally posted by FUGITIVE

OK, well this isnt getting anywere......how bout this......whats the difference between the two?

STICK:

costs less

faster(get more out of every shift)

less maintenance fee's

easier to upgrade( hook up engine and all)

good cars come in stick

better cars come in only stick

the fastest street legal car on the world comes in manual only

AUTOMATIC:

costs more

has a governor chip(doesnt allow u to go as fast as u want)

for lazy ppl

neck snap factor (press gas too hard whiplash will own u)...so will arthritis.

^^wriot said it the best

i wont ever buy an automatic ever again, most things have been mentioned... although another thing with standards is that they keep drivers more alert, less cause of accidents and falling sleep at the wheel.

and i dont know if this is weird but i'am way more attracted to a guy that drives a standard then an automatic..heh.

Guest imported_Tesseract

automatic aint even driving...you might aswell use cabs or buses for transportation....

driving is all about control.

Automatic: When i was a hard core raver back in the day, I appreciated automatics because regardless of how much dope was in my system, the automatic transmission did about 3/4 of the driving for me (i.e. total no brainer). They are also great for when you are stuck in traffic. Having to continuously shift between 1st and 2nd gear gets irritating after about 5 minutes especially when you're enduring gridlock on 880 in oakland around 5:30

Standard: Dude........you drive stick and you are one with your car. There are all sorts of neat-o acceleration tricks and techniques for coming to quick stops you will never, ever get with an automatic.

Chicks dig a guy that knows how to rock a stick.....no pun intended assholes. You can take off from a stop wayyyyyyyyyy faster with a stick.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by mr.yuck

If driving drunk is a priority in your life then i would recomend an automatic.

heh, if driving drunk is a priority in your life then i would recommend not to buy a car at all.

get an automatic, i hate driving a stick, specially if you live in the city..

VRRR UP UP UP UP *Car pulls out* DOWN DOWN DOWN UP UP UP *RED LIGHT* DOWN DOWN DOWN

it gets old and annoying, and if youre new to driving a stick youre guranteed to blow your clutch, which is $600, almost everyone does it, not only that but if you arent good with a stick it sucks up gas like whoa:D

Archived