Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Au Revoir, Expos!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Last night was their final *home game, played at Olympic Stadium, aka the Big O. I was fortunate enough to have watched it, though not in it's entirety. Call me a pussy, but I went out drinking instead, since the thought of watching the final inning would have been too hard on me.

Quebec has the richest baseball history in Canada, and the Expos have been around since 1969.

Blame goes around to different people, depending on who you ask.

Me? I blame the fans. Sure, there have been multiple greedy owners of the team, and sure, the stadium was a mess. But the city just couldn't support them because people had no interest in going to the games, nor watching them on television.

My heart goes out to all the loyal fans in Mtl. I don't know what I'd do if the Blue Jays left town. I hate the fact that in Canada, only hockey rules. That's why it's the ONLY goddamn thing we're good at. C'est pathetique.

So...I guess the Jays are next, huh? Unless some serious things go down, like stadium renovation, and a winning team. I seriously, seriously, seriously hate Canadians for only liking hockey, and not giving a shit about anything else. Bunch of one dimensional morons.

Au revoir, Expos, salut, Senators! Let's see if Washington can become winners this time around.

2. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Larry Walker

Moises Alou

Vlad Guerrero

Pedro Martinz

Rusty Staub

Tim Wallach

Tim Raines

Pete Rose

There's plenty more where that came from...what a history.

4. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I'M GOING TO POUR LIQUOR FOR "1994'S BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL".

TOO BAD THERE HAD TO BE A STRIKE THAT YEAR. THINGS WOULD PROBABLY HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IF THE 'SPOS HAD WON IT THAT YEAR.

5. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

andres galaraga

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

yep... it sucks.... but that's how commerce works.

7. rebsBK

rebsBK Member

fucken pete rose....that movie on espn about him was niceeee.

8. KRON KING

KRON KING Member

ill pour some of my 40 out for the expos:(

9. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

i didnt know you were from mtl. tell some young french girl's i said "holla"

10. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

The Expos are a tight team it is a sad day in baseball when they leave Montreal.A tip of my Expos hat to them.Fuck the Wasshington whatevers...

11. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I'm from Toronto. I'm a baseball fan, though.

But next time I reach, I'll be sure to say "Hesh says 'holla'" in my best drunken French.

I wish I saw that Pete Rose flick on ESPN.

It's nice to see that there are Americans who sympathize with the mtl fans. Sure, there ain't that many these days, but it's sad to think about the loyal ones.

30,000 peeps showed up at the game last night. Quite a few loyal fans were quoted as saying "Where were these people before?"

12. Flow ish

Flow ish Member

I blame both the fans and the management, more the latter though. If they would've pushed the team more, not traded off the good players, advertised and other things, the team wouldn't have faded as such.
    It would've been nice if they would've built that downtown park too but by the time they announced all of that, it was already too late.
    http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20040928/expos_68750.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.e-cookbooks.net/aprons/expos.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.steinke.us/baseball/pictures/expos-olyseat.jpg'>
    Tim Raines, my favorite;
    [img]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20020927/raines_78550.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/2212/expo89-1.gif'>

What woulda/coulda/shoulda been;
    [img]http://www.baseballxxl.de/Download/expos_640.jpg'>

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Yeah, the owners did what is known as a ‘fire sale’ after the ’94 year. If they had only kept that team together, they could have won the pennant in ’95, if not the World Series.

I didn’t even realize that they were talking about making a new park. I’m sure that would have helped. But as you insinuated – too little, too late. That park looks sweet!

Tim Raines…what a character. A cocaine user, too.

At a crucial game against the Orioles last year, I almost yelled at Tim Raines Jr. (who has since been sent down to the Ottawa Lynx) that his dad was a cokehead when he was up to bat. But that would be terrible. He talked to my buddy who was wearing an Expos hat for a bit, and gave him his batting gloves.

14. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Didn't they only get like a cpuple hundred people showing up for games? Everytime they showed them on TV the stands were 90% empty. You can't survive without support. People there probably won't even notice they're gone.....

15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

yeah, a lot of the people in montreal won't. But I know that there were those loyal fans, and it's those people I feel most sorry for. It's the same thing with the Jays. We don't have terrible crowds like the Expos (not a couple hundred...more like a few thousand - but that's still very bad), but believe me, there are quite a lot of big fans...me being one of them.