ATTN Toy nerds - Bearbrick - Qee - Dalek - Kaws

DITDxCULT

Any toy collectors in here? Fans of Kubrick, Bearbrick, Qee, Dalek, Vanimal Zoo etc? Well ...

I am saving up to get a new mac so I am selling a ton of my toys.

Bearbrick LOT - Series 1-8

DSCN1631.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bearbrick Series 8 - seven figures

bb-s8.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Qee OX-OP Aesthetic Apparatus Poopdog *Unopened*

poopdog_lg.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by BEEFEATER+Dec 30 2005, 05:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BEEFEATER - Dec 30 2005, 05:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats the percentage shit?

[/b]

Bearbricks are blind assortment. When you purchase blind assortment figures they come packaged in identical boxes. The boxes are the same in every way and you can not see what is inside! On the side of the boxes will be a list of different possible figures. One of these figures awaits inside the box.

blind2.jpg

The chances of you getting particular figures are listed as percentage rates. The percentages are based on a box of 24 figures. As you can see, you have a better chance of getting the BASIC figure as opposed to the ARTIST figure.

You sometimes have a chance of getting one of more than 12 different figures.

blind3.jpg

When you open the boxes the figure will be wrapped in foil. At this point you STILL cannot tell which figure you got!

Foil is used to wrap the figure so people dont open the box and peek inside! It is also used so people don't scan the boxes under X-ray machines. (Believe it or not, it DOES happen!)

If by chance you get a figure that is not listed on the side of the box, Congratulations! You have found a rare 'chase' figure! Some of these figures are so rare and limited that people pay BIG $$ for them (We're talking hundreds here!).

<!--QuoteBegin-merk or be merked@Dec 30 2005, 04:24 PM

do you have any of the kaws bus stop sets?

I have the Kaws bus stop sets 1 and 2

Guest KING BLING

Why would anyone spend money on dumb shit like a toy with limited design value (but really at all)? I guess thats why you're selling it - trends suck when they end

Originally posted by DITDxCULT+Jan 2 2006, 11:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DITDxCULT - Jan 2 2006, 11:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by BEEFEATER@Dec 30 2005, 05:03 AM

whats the percentage shit?

Bearbricks are blind assortment. When you purchase blind assortment figures they come packaged in identical boxes. The boxes are the same in every way and you can not see what is inside! On the side of the boxes will be a list of different possible figures. One of these figures awaits inside the box.

blind2.jpg

The chances of you getting particular figures are listed as percentage rates. The percentages are based on a box of 24 figures. As you can see, you have a better chance of getting the BASIC figure as opposed to the ARTIST figure.

You sometimes have a chance of getting one of more than 12 different figures.

blind3.jpg

When you open the boxes the figure will be wrapped in foil. At this point you STILL cannot tell which figure you got!

Foil is used to wrap the figure so people dont open the box and peek inside! It is also used so people don't scan the boxes under X-ray machines. (Believe it or not, it DOES happen!)

If by chance you get a figure that is not listed on the side of the box, Congratulations! You have found a rare 'chase' figure! Some of these figures are so rare and limited that people pay BIG $$ for them (We're talking hundreds here!).

<!--QuoteBegin-merk or be merked@Dec 30 2005, 04:24 PM

do you have any of the kaws bus stop sets?

I have the Kaws bus stop sets 1 and 2

[/b]

fliks of the kaws

Originally posted by KING BLING+Jan 7 2006, 04:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KING BLING - Jan 7 2006, 04:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why would anyone spend money on dumb shit like a toy with limited design value (but really at all)? I guess thats why you're selling it - trends suck when they end

[/b]

People spend money on dumb shit because they can. I find bearbricks, kubricks, qees etc aestheticlly pleasing - especially when there is a good artist designing them. I just couldn't keep up and wanted to spend my money on other things - like a new mac and shoes. If anything the trend is getting more popular - esp. in our little graffiti sub culture with all the dalek, kaws, ewok, haze, jest, etc.

<!--QuoteBegin-sect ebc@Jan 7 2006, 10:05 AM

fliks of the kaws

s-kwskbk1-1.jpg

s-kwskbk2-1.jpg

Guest KING BLING

I find strippers aestheticlly pleasing, but I probably spend $100 a year on them at the most...about a much as I spend on toilet paper and home cleaning products...it just seems like the most retarded thing ever unless you are afforded a lifestyle via a trustfund that lets you buy dumb shit for no reason, or you are inclined to blend in with the other people in the room wearing square glasses and rocking coy fish tats...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...