Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ATTN Toy nerds - Bearbrick - Qee - Dalek - Kaws

Discussion in 'Style' started by DITDxCULT, Dec 28, 2005.

1. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

If I wasn't saving up to buy a PowerBook I would bid.

Any more Qees for sale?

3. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

Nope, sorry. I already got rid of my OX OP Dalek and Biskup's.

4. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

aren't those little toys like $200 a pop?

5. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

It depends on how rare they are. The bearbricks you can buy indiviually for like $6-$8 but if you get one of the super rare ones you can sell it on eBay for like $100-$200.

6. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

whats the percentage shit?

7. merk or be merked

merk or be merked Member

do you have any of the kaws bus stop sets?

8. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

Bearbricks are blind assortment. When you purchase blind assortment figures they come packaged in identical boxes. The boxes are the same in every way and you can not see what is inside! On the side of the boxes will be a list of different possible figures. One of these figures awaits inside the box.

[​IMG]

The chances of you getting particular figures are listed as percentage rates. The percentages are based on a box of 24 figures. As you can see, you have a better chance of getting the BASIC figure as opposed to the ARTIST figure.

You sometimes have a chance of getting one of more than 12 different figures.

[​IMG]

When you open the boxes the figure will be wrapped in foil. At this point you STILL cannot tell which figure you got!

Foil is used to wrap the figure so people dont open the box and peek inside! It is also used so people don't scan the boxes under X-ray machines. (Believe it or not, it DOES happen!)

If by chance you get a figure that is not listed on the side of the box, Congratulations! You have found a rare 'chase' figure! Some of these figures are so rare and limited that people pay BIG $$ for them (We're talking hundreds here!).

<!--QuoteBegin-merk or be merked
    @Dec 30 2005, 04:24 PM
    do you have any of the kaws bus stop sets?
    [post=4239884]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]

I have the Kaws bus stop sets 1 and 2

9. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

Also - the Bearbrick series 8 and Aesthetic Apparatus Poopdog auctions are over. Te lot auction ends in 11 hours - as of 11:03 am, 01/02/06

10. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Why would anyone spend money on dumb shit like a toy with limited design value (but really at all)? I guess thats why you're selling it - trends suck when they end

11. sect ebc

sect ebc Member

I have the Kaws bus stop sets 1 and 2
    [post=4243438]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    fliks of the kaws

12. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

People spend money on dumb shit because they can. I find bearbricks, kubricks, qees etc aestheticlly pleasing - especially when there is a good artist designing them. I just couldn't keep up and wanted to spend my money on other things - like a new mac and shoes. If anything the trend is getting more popular - esp. in our little graffiti sub culture with all the dalek, kaws, ewok, haze, jest, etc.

<!--QuoteBegin-sect ebc
    @Jan 7 2006, 10:05 AM
    fliks of the kaws
    [/quote]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

I find strippers aestheticlly pleasing, but I probably spend $100 a year on them at the most...about a much as I spend on toilet paper and home cleaning products...it just seems like the most retarded thing ever unless you are afforded a lifestyle via a trustfund that lets you buy dumb shit for no reason, or you are inclined to blend in with the other people in the room wearing square glasses and rocking coy fish tats...

14. hungoverseas

hungoverseas Member

people actually buy these? every time i see this shit on hypebeast i think it's a joke.

15. merk or be merked

merk or be merked Member

are you selling the sets 1&2? i have sets three and four