1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ATTN: Seeking

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Aug 6, 2004.

1. casekonly

casekonly 12oz Veteran Member

ATTN: Seeking

Discussion started by casekonly - Aug 6, 2004

first off, where's my postcard? did you send anyone cards? you lazy bastard!

ok, now for the serious question:

i know you're pretty open about having bad teeth and whatnot, i was kind of wondering if you had discussed with your dentist vinyl tooth replacements?

the reason i ask is because i've got a canine that might eventually need to be pulled and i'm not too keen on missing one of my front teeth.

so, yeah...prices? pain experience with canine(s) being removed? any other comments or suggestions?

casekonly - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Aug 6, 2004

vinyl teeth? haha. thats a new one to me.
    and i resent your claiming i have 'bad teeth'. i have...emotionally troubled teeth. there's a huge difference. they just need some love and attention.

anyway, i dont know anything about vinyl teeth. the options i know of is bridging, when they make a fake tooth and bond it to the two on either side. i dont know what it costs, but i know it's expensive as shit. i think my cost, even after insurance, is going to be something absolutely retarded, like $1500, which seems completely psychotic to me, and makes me want to be a dentist. the other option is they go into your jaw, and implant a 'post' that sticks up above the gum line. they then attach a fake tooth to that. this is even more expensive.
    the ooootther way i know of, is a removeable 'retainer' sort of thing. it's like a regular retainer kind of, but instead of bars in the front, it just has a tooth (or teeth) attached to it, so when you put it in place, they fill the gap. 'partial dentures' i guess they're called. no idea on the pricing.
    i'd suggest talking to your dentist, because insurance (and whether you have it or not) will play a huge roll in the cost. if you dont have it, i would call around to local dental schools. you can get much cheaper prices from them.

and no, i havent sent anything to anyone. i suck.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. Hoblow

Hoblow 12oz Senior Member

Hoblow - Replied Aug 6, 2004

My friend crashed his dirt bike last week and knocked out his two front teeth. From what i can remember about what he told me, what they're gonna do to him is surgically insert a titanium bar that runs through his gum, to which they will SCREW in 2 false teeth, which will later be capped. So there's an option for you. He said the cost of that is about $4500AUS per tooth. Maybe not an attractive option, but thems the breaks.

Hoblow - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist 12oz Elite Member

CinchedWaist - Replied Aug 6, 2004

i know i'm not seeking but...
    my papa has a bridge on his 2 front teeth.
    its so cute b/c sometimes he forgets to put em in in the morning and then when he smiles he looks like a little kid who just lost his teeth.
    my mom has a bridge too...and teeth implants, which are expensive as fuck but last forever. they implant the base in your gums then somehow attach the fake tooth.
    bad teeth run in the family :(
    anyway, i hope you have insurance.
    i wouldn't really trust a dental school with my teeth...but thats just me.
    good luck...

CinchedWaist - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. Hoblow

That sounds like what i was trying to explain. You'd hate for the shit to start rusting though.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

initially i thought that about dental schools too, but they're still regulated by the same body that governs dentists, so it's not like you're getting your teeth fixed by a carnie behind the tilt-a-whirl. there is a real dentist right there making sure they do it right.
    besides, how bad can they fuck up a tooth that isn't even there, ya know?

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i think they probably took that into account. ;)
    that's why they use titanium.

8. Hoblow

I know, but still.........ya'know?

9. CinchedWaist

i don't know....i sure do have an ability to imagine the worst.

anyway, if you DO opt for the implants and you smoke, you'll have to quit for the operation. My mom had to and she's been smoking for...oh, maybe 35 years!

I sure do take good care of my teeth...brush and floss twice a day. Plus i have this weird gum massager. I'm a bit obsessed, but i really don't ever want to have to deal with root canals, bridges, implants....bad enough with all the cavities i have.

10. casekonly

casekonly - Replied Aug 6, 2004

thanks for the info seeks and the rest of you.

no, i don't have insurance. the nearest dental school that i'm aware of is on the other side of the state....

fucking german genetics. thanks dad....thanks a whole fucking bunch.

i think...maybe..i'll just get this work done and then leave the country.

11. CinchedWaist

I heard good dental work in mexico is WAYYY cheap.
    including airfare, its less than american work.

12. freeze

freeze 12oz Member

freeze - Replied Aug 6, 2004

i had to have a root canal on the tooth just behind my canine. they did the titanium bar in the gum trick...i have no idea on the cost factor because at the time i was still on my parent's insurance, but on the pain factor it was the worst pain i think i've ever experienced. imagine a red hot metal rod being shoved into a very sensitive fleshy area. it sucked. but it was worth it because it looks just like a real tooth and i don't have to alter my usual tooth care routine. it just hurt like a son-of-a-bitch.

freeze - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. CinchedWaist

yah, i think my mom opts to be asleep

14. casekonly

i'll check that out. thanks...btw: i have yet to peep up any chicks skirts with that toy you sent. soon, however.....very soon.

any suggestions about being sneaky with it? i'm guessing you have one of these at home?

or maybe you've used it :eek:

15. casekonly

good meds came form it, though?