ATTN: Seeking

casekonly

first off, where's my postcard? did you send anyone cards? you lazy bastard!

ok, now for the serious question:

i know you're pretty open about having bad teeth and whatnot, i was kind of wondering if you had discussed with your dentist vinyl tooth replacements?

the reason i ask is because i've got a canine that might eventually need to be pulled and i'm not too keen on missing one of my front teeth.

so, yeah...prices? pain experience with canine(s) being removed? any other comments or suggestions?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

vinyl teeth? haha. thats a new one to me.

and i resent your claiming i have 'bad teeth'. i have...emotionally troubled teeth. there's a huge difference. they just need some love and attention.

anyway, i dont know anything about vinyl teeth. the options i know of is bridging, when they make a fake tooth and bond it to the two on either side. i dont know what it costs, but i know it's expensive as shit. i think my cost, even after insurance, is going to be something absolutely retarded, like $1500, which seems completely psychotic to me, and makes me want to be a dentist. the other option is they go into your jaw, and implant a 'post' that sticks up above the gum line. they then attach a fake tooth to that. this is even more expensive.

the ooootther way i know of, is a removeable 'retainer' sort of thing. it's like a regular retainer kind of, but instead of bars in the front, it just has a tooth (or teeth) attached to it, so when you put it in place, they fill the gap. 'partial dentures' i guess they're called. no idea on the pricing.

i'd suggest talking to your dentist, because insurance (and whether you have it or not) will play a huge roll in the cost. if you dont have it, i would call around to local dental schools. you can get much cheaper prices from them.

and no, i havent sent anything to anyone. i suck.

My friend crashed his dirt bike last week and knocked out his two front teeth. From what i can remember about what he told me, what they're gonna do to him is surgically insert a titanium bar that runs through his gum, to which they will SCREW in 2 false teeth, which will later be capped. So there's an option for you. He said the cost of that is about $4500AUS per tooth. Maybe not an attractive option, but thems the breaks.

i know i'm not seeking but...

my papa has a bridge on his 2 front teeth.

its so cute b/c sometimes he forgets to put em in in the morning and then when he smiles he looks like a little kid who just lost his teeth.

my mom has a bridge too...and teeth implants, which are expensive as fuck but last forever. they implant the base in your gums then somehow attach the fake tooth.

bad teeth run in the family :(

anyway, i hope you have insurance.

i wouldn't really trust a dental school with my teeth...but thats just me.

good luck...

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

.and teeth implants, which are expensive as fuck but last forever. they implant the base in your gums then somehow attach the fake tooth.

That sounds like what i was trying to explain. You'd hate for the shit to start rusting though.

initially i thought that about dental schools too, but they're still regulated by the same body that governs dentists, so it's not like you're getting your teeth fixed by a carnie behind the tilt-a-whirl. there is a real dentist right there making sure they do it right.

besides, how bad can they fuck up a tooth that isn't even there, ya know?

Originally posted by seeking

besides, how bad can they fuck up a tooth that isn't even there, ya know?

i don't know....i sure do have an ability to imagine the worst.

anyway, if you DO opt for the implants and you smoke, you'll have to quit for the operation. My mom had to and she's been smoking for...oh, maybe 35 years!

I sure do take good care of my teeth...brush and floss twice a day. Plus i have this weird gum massager. I'm a bit obsessed, but i really don't ever want to have to deal with root canals, bridges, implants....bad enough with all the cavities i have.

thanks for the info seeks and the rest of you.

no, i don't have insurance. the nearest dental school that i'm aware of is on the other side of the state....

fucking german genetics. thanks dad....thanks a whole fucking bunch.

i think...maybe..i'll just get this work done and then leave the country.

i had to have a root canal on the tooth just behind my canine. they did the titanium bar in the gum trick...i have no idea on the cost factor because at the time i was still on my parent's insurance, but on the pain factor it was the worst pain i think i've ever experienced. imagine a red hot metal rod being shoved into a very sensitive fleshy area. it sucked. but it was worth it because it looks just like a real tooth and i don't have to alter my usual tooth care routine. it just hurt like a son-of-a-bitch.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

I heard good dental work in mexico is WAYYY cheap.

including airfare, its less than american work.

i'll check that out. thanks...btw: i have yet to peep up any chicks skirts with that toy you sent. soon, however.....very soon.

any suggestions about being sneaky with it? i'm guessing you have one of these at home?

or maybe you've used it :o

Originally posted by freeze

i had to have a root canal on the tooth just behind my canine. they did the titanium bar in the gum trick...i have no idea on the cost factor because at the time i was still on my parent's insurance, but on the pain factor it was the worst pain i think i've ever experienced. imagine a red hot metal rod being shoved into a very sensitive fleshy area. it sucked. but it was worth it because it looks just like a real tooth and i don't have to alter my usual tooth care routine. it just hurt like a son-of-a-bitch.

good meds came form it, though?

all i know is do NOT go to africa for dental work, when i lived there a dentist took out four teeth, two top , two bottom, when i got to the states and went for a check up my US dentist flipped out, seeing no reason in hell they should have been removed, so i had to rock spacers for a while.

BTW i am an avid antidentite

I hate myself for being a lazy fuck and not properly caring for my teeth as I should have in the past. Luckily all I receive are fillings and whatnot so I got some time to save myself before I get up to the root canal and fake tooth level.

I gotta start using this tooth whitener shit also.

thanks sugar. no worries.

yeah yeah, it's not thta i don't take care of my teeth, it's just the damned german genetics. my grandfather, my aunt, and my father all have bad teeth.

hey, mams...thanks. i might...

onsecondple....you fucking dick. does "entr" mean "enter from behind"? haha! fag. i am sleeping at odd hours, working on my website, and trying not to flip out.

let me give some non-tooth advice....girls....girls are a bunch of shit. granted, there are nice ones out there, but most are taken or too shy to leave their house.

that is all.

Originally posted by casekonly

thanks sugar. no worries.

yeah yeah, it's not thta i don't take care of my teeth, it's just the damned german genetics. my grandfather, my aunt, and my father all have bad teeth.

hey, mams...thanks. i might...

onsecondple....you fucking dick. does "entr" mean "enter from behind"? haha! fag. i am sleeping at odd hours, working on my website, and trying not to flip out.

let me give some non-tooth advice....girls....girls are a bunch of shit. granted, there are nice ones out there, but most are taken or too shy to leave their house.

that is all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/hiddenshovel/Misc/2455f808.jpg'>

hahahah, touche

Archived