ATTN:joker

in2_thevoid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by not_like_you

:lol: And I thought you'd be the first one to start this thread Yellow Feets.

In2thevoid- Where are the letters?

first letter... the next two letters is where it flows downward... and the last letter i was trying to go back up to the level with the first letter, but failed. :dunno:

Trying to make a name for yourself is probably the worst thing that you can base drive on and every toy/writer wants to make their name big but you really have to love writing and love letters to appreciate anything in this "game". -meone

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...40&pagenumber=8

*In2_thevoid, check out the thread above. If you haven't seen it before then you're in for a treat. Also, read every post. Some deep discussion going on...

I don't mean to start shit with you but it looks like you're trying a bit too hard. Once again, I don't know for a fact that you have letters. Who knows, maybe you do. But if you're toy as me, you have to have a feel for letters before you try this shit. It might look apealing and "cool" to the toys in paperchase, otherwise... yeah.

I smell a closing thread.

Originally posted by Yellow Feets

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...40&pagenumber=8

*In2_thevoid, check out the thread above. If you haven't seen it before then you're in for a treat. Also, read every post. Some deep discussion going on...

I don't mean to start shit with you but it looks like you're trying a bit too hard. Once again, I don't know for a fact that you have letters. Who knows, maybe you do. But if you're toy as me, you have to have a feel for letters before you try this shit. It might look apealing and "cool" to the toys in paperchase, otherwise... yeah.

I smell a closing thread.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/thedarkages/fagflagrainbow1.gif'>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/thedarkages/fagflagrainbow1.gif'>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/thedarkages/fagflagrainbow1.gif'>

Why did you take that as a diss? I was just trying to help you out. And fag? You fucking have a "Hi Joker" tag above that piece of yours bro. Having a retarded .gif to respond to my shit is just as weak as that "style" of yours. Whatever. Keep that shit up. It's looking "mighty mad dope". :rolleyes:

edit*

If you think I'm "looking down" on you or whatever, I'm not. I'm (probably) on the same level you're on now. I'm just saying if you practiced letters as much as you are experimenting with that style, the results would be dope. If you want to shut me up, just post up some of your work. Right now you're looking mighty toy. Post up simples and shit. I'm not trying to come off as harsh and "net thuggish", just a simpke request.

If you want to say something to me on a personal note, email me.

powellpow2001@yahoo.com

Yeah, I can tell this thread is about to get closed. Just post up more of your work in the meantime. Or we can argue some more.

edit edit*

I personally like what I see but I don't see the letters. I see "stuff" that looks like letters but I might be wrong. This is basically what I'm trying to say...

I guess I'm a little confused because I'm not sure if it's a piece of yours you want me to critique, or a piece you did as a joke to poke fun of abstract styles (which is my guess by the way) or a piece you did for me.

What are you looking for?

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

love joker...its a love thing.

see, actually, hes been trying to confess his undying love for you for some time now.

nah. i like it. but, i cant do that. haha. wish i could. just not that fresh yet. back to the drawing boards for me.:)

You see the new sig? Check mail.

i'd recommend stopping this and trying something else. the only thing i can make out letter-wise is a tiny little R where it starts to slope down, and it's totally out of nowhere and doesn't work. the difference between what you're doing and what the real transcend kids are doing is you don't know what you're doing.

look at your "letters". there is no definition between what you want the negative space or the positive space to be. it's a cluttered mess in the middle and all the awkward shit shooting off doesn't do it any justice either. if you look at ouija, joker, kema, you'll see that their pieces flow well and have identifiable letters. the other thing, you're using too many sketch marks and useless lines that throw your shit off. the transcend cats, from what i understand (at least with kema, ouija, joker) minimalize the amount of lines they use, often using '3-mile long' continuous lines that can make up several letters or what have you. make it more defined and use less extraneous shit so we can see what you are tryign to say.

what you've got is really an unidentifiable blob of nonsense that's awkward and not aesthetically pleasing at all.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

i'd recommend stopping this and trying something else. the only thing i can make out letter-wise is a tiny little R where it starts to slope down, and it's totally out of nowhere and doesn't work. the difference between what you're doing and what the real transcend kids are doing is you don't know what you're doing.

look at your "letters". there is no definition between what you want the negative space or the positive space to be. it's a cluttered mess in the middle and all the awkward shit shooting off doesn't do it any justice either. if you look at ouija, joker, kema, you'll see that their pieces flow well and have identifiable letters. the other thing, you're using too many sketch marks and useless lines that throw your shit off. the transcend cats, from what i understand (at least with kema, ouija, joker) minimalize the amount of lines they use, often using '3-mile long' continuous lines that can make up several letters or what have you. make it more defined and use less extraneous shit so we can see what you are tryign to say.

what you've got is really an unidentifiable blob of nonsense that's awkward and not aesthetically pleasing at all.

i love you.

Originally posted by Al Green

ive looked at this drawing about 15 times now..

and anyone who doesnt think this shit is fucking fresh as hell.. is nuts.

man! i tip my hat.

Looking at it as a drawing and not as a thumbnail for a future piece, it's still lacking. The first third is actually very nice, but it falls apart after that. There is nice line quality that is killed by mess in the middle. It's just to much of a jump to make. From that almost elagant line to that scribble, there needs to be a better transition to actually be considered "fresh as hell"

and if your looking at it from graffiti stand point, there is no letter structure. But fuck it what do I know.

the second letter is a 'G', i broke down the 'structure' for you. i just hope somebody can hear me. the cluster in the middle of every letter is what makes the letter whatever letter it is. because the shell the letter is in, is the same on every one.. so its like each letter is wearing a 'suit'. the letter after the 'G' is an 'E' hopefully after seeing the 'G' you will be able to see the 'E'. im not an art student, and my mother paid her friend to do all my highschool work, so i know im not smart, especially when it comes to 'negative space or the positive space'. BTW. ive thought up the first 3 letters before so i had an idea with where i was going with it. the last letter i just threw up lines because i didnt really know where i was going with it. you can tell i didnt put it in the same 'shell' the others are inside of. like i said. a nigguh is workin on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/thedarkages/Copyofjoker.jpg'>