Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

attn: internet lingo updated

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by HATEMENOW, Sep 24, 2003.

1. HATEMENOW

HATEMENOW New Jack

it is now the in thing to say online

PMPL

yes thats right, from now on insted of lol or rofl or even roflmao you use PMPL

what does it mean you ask

PMPL= pissing my pants laughing

now let it spread like wildfire.:lol: :king:

2. Sickboy

Sickboy Member

How gay is you man.

3. space base

space base Senior Member

4. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

TITS= This Is The Stupid

5. king kong

king kong Banned

yes, yes it is.

lol
    lmao

6. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

7. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

8. king kong

king kong Banned

9. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Haha i just thought of a new one.

TWSDFIRDKWTDWM

That was so damn funny I really dont know what to do with myself.

10. Feäà m3

Feäà m3 New Jack

All right, I admit it. The other day I was on Instant Messenger when I should have been doing homework or something else productive. What can I say? It's so easy to sit down at the computer with the intent of working, only to become distracted when you see an old friend from home sign on.

That's exactly what happened to me earlier this week. I sat down to write a speech (not at the last minute, honest!) and noticed all the pretty buttons on my computer's desktop. Since I really didn't want to start working, I thought I'd mess around with some of them. I fired up the mp3 player and picked out some good study music - the theme to Sesame Street on a six-hour continuous loop.

Then I opened Instant Messenger, which sealed my speech's fate. I had to check everyone's away message to see if any were new and/or clever. Then the IMs started rolling in. ...Hundreds of them! Everyone wanted to know how I was, what was up and how I got to be so devilishly handsome. I was just so popular that I...

Ok, so I only got two messages. But my other friends were all just busy, I'm sure.

Anyway, as our conversations progressed and my speech grew farther and farther from my mind, I noticed something. A person who wasn't IM-savvy wouldn't have understood half of what we were saying to one another. The culprit: Internet shorthand, which in my opinion has gotten way out of control.

Every other line of a typical IMconversation seems to contain "lol." It's just not right! Wouldn't we all be better off if we all just spoke plainly without any goofy abbreviations?

Some of my friends from home and I, however, quickly became bored with the traditional "lol" and "brb." We decided to modify existing Internet shorthand and create our own indecipherable Internet language. Hypocritical? You betcha!

For example, we got tired of saying "lol" (laugh out loud for any sub-rock dwellers). So we changed it to "olo," which doesn't stand for anything. We all just recognize it as "lol," or laughing out loud. We sometimes would even say "That's olo-able" instead of just saying its funny. I know - we're dorks. But we're HAPPY dorks!

And it doesn't end there. We thought using "k" instead of "ok" was a little silly - you're only saving the effort it takes to type one letter. What's the point? My friends and I gave it a point...we made our abbreviation for "ok" funny, by replacing "k" with an arbitrarily selected letter of the alphabet: "r."

The result is a conversation like the following: "Let's get dinner, r? "R, that sounds good to me." "R, let's go."

Somewhere, some clever person noticed that "l8r," when sounded out, resembles "later." Thus, "l8r" was adopted by lazy instant messenger users as the preferred way of saying goodbye at the end of a highly unproductive session. However, we grew tired of it, and decided to adapt it to our own needs. We started saying "l7r,"which no longer resembles anything when you sound it out, but it's much more unique and creative!

However, on many Internet-based computer games, the shorthand can be even worse than anything our twisted minds can come up with. While playing one game, I saw someone type the following (no joke): "WTB SoW for trip to LFay, at PoD, PST plz." If you can make any sense of that one, you're a better man than I am.

Well, it looks like I gtg. L7r!

11. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

12. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I hate net'speak.

and the worst net thing ever....

'Will you marry me? Here's the ring o'

14. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member