Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ATTN:freehand or flash savvy people.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BoB Hope ONER, Jul 24, 2001.

1. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

ok.. im using freehand...(i dont want to hear no guff about using illustrator)

anyways im trying to make textures or pattern fills to put in certain shapes.

but my fill options dont seem to work.. so if i want to have a fill effect it just comes out as letters rather then the fill i chose.

any answers or anyone want to help me out?

bobski.

2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

boberino...
    I MAY be able to helpski, but I'm trying to dash from work at the moment, home in a half hour or so... I'll dig in the library when I get to the house, no answer for now...

------------------
    2 Can Sam

3. not really familiar w/ freehand, but is there a sort of "define pattern" option anywhere? that might be the trick. or get a copy of illustrator. (just kidding)

4. First, get yourself a copy of that stupid goddamn tutorial where they teach you how to do that "Festa Di Pasta" noodle crap. Patterning should be there somewhere. After you're done reading it, go back to Freehand and give it a try. When you fail miserably, shoot yourself in the face with a large semiautomatic weapon because Illustrator is better. Good luck. Beerski,

El Mamerro

5. BoB Hope ONER

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

did you ever get this worked out?

------------------
    2 Can Sam

7. BoB Hope ONER

no

i want to create and edit.. and.. use patterns in flash.. freehand.. and if necessary.. illustrator.. i just dont feel like working on a laptop...(illustrator is on the laptop..hate the screen...hate the mouse..)...

anyways.. solutions solutions.. please..

dooderoos.

8. pulk

pulk Guest

do you want to work with vector or bitmap patterns? I think that with Flash 5 you can just select the colour box and then you can sample a bitmap that's on the scene and it'll show up as the fill colour.
    I'm not to sure about Freeheand.. I only ever use it for vector stuff.. even that it's a nuisance.

hope that helps

9. BoB Hope ONER

i want to create patterns.. that will automatically repeat itself once i make it to fill however big size space i create... make sense?

10. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

makes sense... I looked at the book shelf to little avail, but I'm fairly sure I can guide you thru, let's play email tag, Seeking can be the pivot man, he'll hook you up with my email or AIM or someshit... weird up?

------------------
    2 Can Sam

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, just email me. cause im great. fucking great. ever see gumo? thats seriously my favoite movie ever. i love that shit.
    im drunk. as usual. email me, ive got answers. blah

12. BoB Hope ONER

13. ZENYTH.ASP

ZENYTH.ASP Senior Member

I hate trying to explain graphics over e-mail/message boards/internet. If I was looking over your shoulder I'd help you.

P.S. Learn Illustrator you sissy

14. SCOTCH WHISKEO

SCOTCH WHISKEO Dirty Dozen Crew

It sounds like the problem may be that you are trying to apply bitmap fill effects in a vector image, when you view the vector file it will only show type to illustrate where the fill effect is. Fuck an illustrator, go get yourself coreldraw...this is the best program I have found for working in vectors.

15. BoB Hope ONER

actually id like to make my own vectorable..

patterns.

not have to have them be bitmap or image files.

..i know you have to be able to do it..