ATTN:freehand or flash savvy people.

BoB Hope ONER

ok.. im using freehand...(i dont want to hear no guff about using illustrator)

anyways im trying to make textures or pattern fills to put in certain shapes.

but my fill options dont seem to work.. so if i want to have a fill effect it just comes out as letters rather then the fill i chose.

any answers or anyone want to help me out?

bobski.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

boberino...

I MAY be able to helpski, but I'm trying to dash from work at the moment, home in a half hour or so... I'll dig in the library when I get to the house, no answer for now...

------------------

2 Can Sam

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

not really familiar w/ freehand, but is there a sort of "define pattern" option anywhere? that might be the trick. or get a copy of illustrator. (just kidding)

Guest imported_El Mamerro

First, get yourself a copy of that stupid goddamn tutorial where they teach you how to do that "Festa Di Pasta" noodle crap. Patterning should be there somewhere. After you're done reading it, go back to Freehand and give it a try. When you fail miserably, shoot yourself in the face with a large semiautomatic weapon because Illustrator is better. Good luck. Beerski,

El Mamerro

no

i want to create and edit.. and.. use patterns in flash.. freehand.. and if necessary.. illustrator.. i just dont feel like working on a laptop...(illustrator is on the laptop..hate the screen...hate the mouse..)...

anyways.. solutions solutions.. please..

dooderoos.

do you want to work with vector or bitmap patterns? I think that with Flash 5 you can just select the colour box and then you can sample a bitmap that's on the scene and it'll show up as the fill colour.

I'm not to sure about Freeheand.. I only ever use it for vector stuff.. even that it's a nuisance.

hope that helps

makes sense... I looked at the book shelf to little avail, but I'm fairly sure I can guide you thru, let's play email tag, Seeking can be the pivot man, he'll hook you up with my email or AIM or someshit... weird up?

------------------

2 Can Sam

It sounds like the problem may be that you are trying to apply bitmap fill effects in a vector image, when you view the vector file it will only show type to illustrate where the fill effect is. Fuck an illustrator, go get yourself coreldraw...this is the best program I have found for working in vectors.

Archived